CND Beginners Shellac course question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikolova01

London Mobile Nail Artist and Educator
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have decided to take a career change and pursue my hobby of doing nails as a business. But, of course, before doing clients I want to ensure that I am fully trained and using the best products on the market, so I decided to do the CND shellac course as a starting point.
From what I have read here, I will be send a book that I have to study from and then complete a test before attending the course. I was looking at booking the course that starts on the 7th of October ( in 1 month time), but I am going to be on holiday for 2 weeks before that. So my question is, how big is this book, do you think I would be able to prepare for that test in the 2 weeks prior to my holiday, bearing in mind that I am still at my full time job. Also how long does it take them to send it to you after you have submitted a request on their website?

P.S. My current knowledge on nails is just from common sense, so nothing professional

Thanks everyone, I look forward to your answers. :)

They got back to me the next working day I requested on a Friday evening, but by the time they got back to me my chosen date was sold out.
I don't have any other experience with them sorry.

I'm doing the liquid and powder course, I got sent my book the next working day after payment had cleared, book is pretty hefty and there's a lot to learn... I was surprised how thorough it was... you have to learn about all the different bones in the hands arms legs and feet, the layers of the skin, muscles etc etc... but I'm really enjoying it! I'm not sure how long it's going to take to study it but I should imagine it'll take a while as there's so much to be taken in!! My assessment is set to go live online for exactly two weeks before I'm due to start my course so I'm not sure if that's the same for shellac.. if so I'd think you'd be able to study the book and do your test before you go away? Xx

The text book looks more like a little marketing booklet to me. Its just under A5 and about 1cm thick but does have a some stuff they want you to memorize. The test has to be done within 2 weeks of your course start date so you may need to do it on the beach.

Have you spoken to Sweet Squared? The website does not have accurate availability info so it would be worth calling them to confirm they still have space.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    701.1 KB · Views: 52
Hello ladies,

I have decided to take a career change and pursue my hobby of doing nails as a business. But, of course, before doing clients I want to ensure that I am fully trained and using the best products on the market, so I decided to do the CND shellac course as a starting point.
From what I have read here, I will be send a book that I have to study from and then complete a test before attending the course. I was looking at booking the course that starts on the 7th of October ( in 1 month time), but I am going to be on holiday for 2 weeks before that. So my question is, how big is this book, do you think I would be able to prepare for that test in the 2 weeks prior to my holiday, bearing in mind that I am still at my full time job. Also how long does it take them to send it to you after you have submitted a request on their website?

P.S. My current knowledge on nails is just from common sense, so nothing professional

Thanks everyone, I look forward to your answers. :)
You get sent the Shellac™ book as you do need to read it. Your educater will let you know which sections to go over and study ready for your pre-assesment. You will be asked multi choice questions based on the book, which you do need pass prior to attending the day 1. This is why Shellac™ Beginners class has to be booked at least 4 -6 weeks before the date. As the at home study will take a longer as there is quite a it of information you need to know and understand x

Thank you ladies, I booked it for November so I will have time to prepare :) Got my book and you are right, it has loads to take in but it looks super interesting to me and I am very excited! <3

Hey, just wondered how you got on on the shellac course? I’m thinking of training with cnd. I’m new to Nails also x

Hey, just wondered how you got on on the shellac course? I’m thinking of training with cnd. I’m new to Nails also x
Hey sweety, the course was AMAZING! Worth every penny. I learned a lot and I took the courage to leave my full time job and focus on nails. I am currently doing the Liquid and Powder course as well. Don't regret a thing <3

Oh wow that’s great! I’m just worried as there’s so many nail techs out there that I will make any money from it.. I’ve got the room at home to set up a salon though. Have you set up a business yet?

Oh wow that’s great! I’m just worried as there’s so many nail techs out there that I will make any money from it.. I’ve got the room at home to set up a salon though. Have you set up a business yet?
Promoting yourself is hard work indeed and doesn't happen overnight. I started advertising myself in January and I do have some clients now but I am not fully booked yet. You can check out my insta: https://www.instagram.com/triplensalon/

Latest posts

Back