CND Brisa Lite sculpting gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigily

Reaction score
hi all. I wanted to start using a soakable hard gel so decided on Brisa lite sculpting gel & waited for new Cnd led lamp to be launched. Purchased all I needed & off I went. I did the original Brisa hard gel course years ago & have also been used to using Bio Sculpture too.

So I did dry manicure, scrub fresh, Brisa lite Base, Brisa lite neutral pink overlay, refined surface, applied Cnd Shellac, Xpress5 top coat.

Less than a week and two of clients have reported some lifting from tip end and one nail popping right off! Any ideas please why this might've happened?

I placed gel in stress area and moved it out to edges as per Cnd video. I wondered maybe if I refined too thin at tip edge!, could this be a cause? It's the first time I've used this product so I do need to get used to it but thought I'd ask for advice.
Thanks J

Did you use CND Cuticle Away? You mentioned that you did a dry manicure... if the Cuticle Away was not deactivated/removed entirely with water, it will cause lifting. I use a different brand cuticle remover/softener for this reason alone.
By 'refined surface'... did you mean buff? No buffing for Brisa Lite. Brisa - yes. Brisa Lite - no.
That's all I can suggest right now.

If the lifting is on the tip it may be that you didn't seal the entire free edge. If you also filed the free edge after applying your Brisa Lite layer when you refined the surface it can cause lifting.

When you PEP the nail, make sure that when you just overlay natural nails that the free edge is prefiled and will not need any additional shaping. You the eliminate removing the capping of the free edge from the base all the way thru the top.

Also be very precise when capping the free edge with Xpress5. It's thin so you need to make sure you enclose the entire edge.

Like BitsyProspect also said that cuticle away may cause lifting if it's still present on the nail. Usually it causes cuticle lifting so if you don't have it there then you are using it right.

When it comes to balance and strength the Brisa Lite is a softer gel so it will not give as much strength as Brisa or L&P. Check your clients natural nail condition. It might be that they need a different enhancement product.

Brisa Lite sculpting gel isn't for every client so you need to be assessing the nail condition and the clients free edge length to determine if the system is right for them.

Don't give up and bring your clients back for an assessment and consultation.

Good luck and enjoy Brisa Lite :)

Awe! Thank you ladies, you've given some really good advice.
I didn't use Cuticle away so can eliminate that one. I did file free edge after application and whilst buffing over surface to eliminate any little bumps or dips.
I must say my application is quite smooth so did wonder if buffing surface was necessary if I was completely happy with it!
Both ladies in question like to have very short nails anyway, one is a 2 finger typist haha and it's her for finger that's flipped off. The other is retired but teaches piano and digs her allotment.
When they return I will assess.
Thanks again
J

Uh oh! Another has reported 5 overlays popping off in less than a week. Definitely thinking I'm buffing too thinly at tip so strength maybe has disappeared.

Any thoughts from other techs welcome.......

Or any advice from Geek Staff??

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back