CND Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packerfan

Reaction score
Hi what do.you girls use for a gel to.put on natural nails they are discontinuing brisa lit mani q?

If clients need extra strength under shellac you can use a coat of base coat , then a coat of original top coat, then proceed as normal.

it will give a similar effect to brisa lite smoothing gel , and will also need a slightly longer soak off time as with brisa lite :)

If clients need extra strength under shellac you can use a coat of base coat , then a coat of original top coat, then proceed as normal.

it will give a similar effect to brisa lite smoothing gel , and will also need a slightly longer soak off time as with brisa lite :)

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but do you mean base and top, then base, colour and top again, or am I being an idiot and reading this wrong

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but do you mean base and top, then base, colour and top again, or am I being an idiot and reading this wrong

The application would be

1.PEP
2. Apply thin layer of CND base coat and cure
3. Apply thin layer of CND ORIGINAL top coat (one with gold sticker) and cure
4. Coat of colour, Cure x2
5. Top coat (original or xpress5) cure

The application would be

1.PEP

Thanks Noreen, that's so really interesting. Do you have a preference with top coats original/xpress5

I meant really interesting (sorry it's late here) :eek:

I prefer xpress 5 for most shellac applications. It's shiner than the original , and I love the quicker soak off time.

I still prefer the original if I'm doing heavy nail art or glitter as its more smoothening.

I think it's good to have both :)

I prefer xpress 5 for most shellac applications. It's shiner than the original , and I love the quicker soak off time.

I still prefer the original if I'm doing heavy nail art or glitter as its more smoothening.

I think it's good to have both :)

I haven't used xpress5 as yet but i have ordered it so just waiting on nail mail :)

Thank you for this as I've been looking for a solution without needing to use a hard gel

why are they discontinuing the brisa lite?

The application would be

1.PEP

Is there a reason why you used the cnd original top coat the first time round compared to the new Xpress 5 ? Or do both the top coats work the same way. Hope that makes sense :)

Is there a reason why you used the cnd original top coat the first time round compared to the new Xpress 5 ? Or do both the top coats work the same way. Hope that makes sense :)

It's the original top coat that will give results similar to Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. The original top coat has a thicker viscosity and is more smoothening, you wouldn't get the same effect using xpress5

It's the original top coat that will give results similar to Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. The original top coat has a thicker viscosity and is more smoothening, you wouldn't get the same effect using xpress5

Do you feel that the original top coat has more durability? I'm off to Florida for just over 2 weeks and I am concerned about my shellac not lasting that long on my fingers! I am meticulous about washing and drying hands after swimming and suncream etc, but I did notice last time I went that they didn't quite last (albeit I didn't do them then!) I'm going to try vinylux before and see how long it lasts, and may just take my vinylux in a matching shade with me if I choose shellac. I'll also get some original top coat and try this method. Ahhhh too many choices - let alone choosing a colour and Disney design!

I found both top coats to last the same.

I prefer xpress5 because it's shinier and love the quicker soak off time

I prefer original for over the top of glitter or heavy nail art

Latest posts

Back