CND Complete - certificate query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floss26

Reaction score
Can anyone who's already done CND Complete, or any of the CND educators, advise me on the following please:

I'm hoping to commence the Complete course next month, and by July I will have covered manicure, pedicure and Shellac so I was hoping that I'd be able to start offering these services to clients pretty soon after. However, the course doesn't actually finish until November, which is when I'm assuming I'll get my certificate. Until I get my certificate, I won't be able to get insurance. So does this mean that I will, in effect, have to wait until the very end of the course until I'm able to start work? :confused:

dont quote me but im pretty sure if you call the guilds etc they can offer insurance under case studys. so you wil be covered to do so but again youll have to double check xxx

You can get student insurance, I got it when doing my NVQ2. X

Thank you both.

Lovebeauty14 - when you had student insurance did you have any paying clients or were they all case studies?

Thank you both.

Lovebeauty14 - when you had student insurance did you have any paying clients or were they all case studies?

Ooo fair point. They were case studies but I think some of them gave me a bit of money towards the treatments. Have you tried ringing the insurance companies and checking with them? Xx :)

Hi. Who was the insurance through? Did it cost much? x

Ooo fair point. They were case studies but I think some of them gave me a bit of money towards the treatments. Have you tried ringing the insurance companies and checking with them? Xx :)

No, not yet - the whole issue hadn't even crossed my mind until I saw RebeccaQ's reply on one of the other course threads:

"On the CND complete, after the 14th day you get your CND cert and can then get insurance to practice."

It's got me worried now! :confused:

Hi, didn't mean to worry you, I emailed Kate about some things and that was one of her replies!! I didn't even think until I'd read this about insurance if you were practising on people, which we will be!!:confused: x

Hi, didn't mean to worry you, I emailed Kate about some things and that was one of her replies!! I didn't even think until I'd read this about insurance if you were practising on people, which we will be!!:confused: x

No worries hun - I'm glad that you made me think about it because it's a really important point which needs to be ironed out.

Hopefully someone in the know will be along shortly to put us all out of our collective misery! :lol:

I hope so...I know nothing about insurance!!:confused: x

I'm with The Guild of Beauty Therapists. Yeah give them a ring or email them, they are pretty helpful. :) x

I was just about to start a new thread and ask the same question. I'm starting the complete course on the 2nd of july. At the same time in requesting the dates, I asked for the dates of the naturally + L and p. The dates were the same, they just finished after the acrylic bit. So im guessing they get the certificate for training with CND and get insurance where as ours in a Itec and takes longer.I was hoping once trained in mani, pedi and shellac I could start charging as I think Hollywood toes, rockstar and shellac will be big again this summer. Will I not be able to do this? x x x

Thank you, will talk to them tomorrow x

I was just about to start a new thread and ask the same question. I'm starting the complete course on the 2nd of july. At the same time in requesting the dates, I asked for the dates of the naturally + L and p. The dates were the same, they just finished after the acrylic bit. So im guessing they get the certificate for training with CND and get insurance where as ours in a Itec and takes longer.I was hoping once trained in mani, pedi and shellac I could start charging as I think Hollywood toes, rockstar and shellac will be big again this summer. Will I not be able to do this? x x x

I'm really not sure Faye! We're obviously thinking along the same lines here, and hoping to start recouping some of our investment sooner rather than later lol! Hopefully someone will be along to fill us in soon....:confused:

Once you have done the first 14 days, you get the CND cert and can get insurance and start working as a qualified professional, you then continue on for the ITEC. It's the insurance for practising, until the CND part of course completed that's the worry xx

Once you have done the first 14 days, you get the CND cert and can get insurance and start working as a qualified professional, you then continue on for the ITEC. It's the insurance for practising, until the CND part of course completed that's the worry xx

I'm not worried about getting insured for practicing - that's fairly straightforward I think. But I want to be able to get cracking straightaway on mani/pedi, Shellac and Minx but it would seem this may not be possible, as although I'll be trained in these by mid July I won't get my certificate (and hence won't get insurance) until November.

I know, spoke to Kate about Minx and she said not to run before I could walk and explained that the course was really intensive. I was hoping to give up the day job sooner rather than later. I am doing mani's/pedi's and suppose I will have to ask for a contribution for products. Will speak to insurance and I am phoning sweet squared tomorrow to ask top 20 polish colours. I may only be training, but I think I need to start as I mean to go on. I was quite relaxed when I originally booked the course, starting to panic about things now!!:rolleyes: xx

I'm with The Guild of Beauty Therapists. Yeah give them a ring or email them, they are pretty helpful. :) x

Thanks for that, just called them and I have to phone back on 28th May, day before course. Spoke to very pleasant chap, it covers family and friends and was, I thought, reasonable :biggrin: xx

Thanks for that, just called them and I have to phone back on 28th May, day before course. Spoke to very pleasant chap, it covers family and friends and was, I thought, reasonable :biggrin: xx

That's good, glad you got it sorted out RebeccaQ. Did you manage to phone Sweet Squared as well?

Hi, yes I did, spoke to lovely woman, there wasn't a specific list but we went through the colours she ordered the most of lately and it was a very varied list, she recommended I ordered some of the effects as well so ordered them and treated myself to a lovely set of polishes by Jason Wu...a treat for me before the hard work starts :) . They are arriving today...can't wait.

Will wait to order other manicure products when I know what I actually need.

Did you get the answers you need? The insurance chap I spoke to said we would need insurance for training anyway...it was a good job it was brought up on SG or I wouldn't have had a clue!!! xx

Latest posts

Back