CND complete course advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAPirate

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks, I've popped over from hair to ask some advice. I have my own hair and beauty salon and am an experienced stylist. I love my job! Since taking over the salon I have been on a very steep learning curve regarding nails and beauty!! This site has been invaluable! I have a great beauty therapist and one of my nail techs is the biz! My nail tech keeps telling me that I'm giving her a run for her money because I'm always talking about all the things I learn on here!! I'm having real probs finding another great nail tech and have started to wonder about learning myself. We use CND products for all our nail treatments and we also use opi polishes. I have seen a lot of geeks diccussing the CND complete course and was wondering of this is a good starting point or if I would need any other qualifications first? Any advice greatly received!! ;)

Anyone? Was hoping geeg mite answer!!?? ;)

I was told by a friend that CND was the best so I booked on the CND Complete. I came on here for the first time yesterday and it does seem to be considered the best by most that I've read. If you phone sweet squared they will send you an education leaflet, you can also see this on the web and they are great to email or talk to.

I am very pleased with what I've seen and heard so far and I haven't even started training yet x

Hi nail geeks, I've popped over from hair to ask some advice. I have my own hair and beauty salon and am an experienced stylist. I love my job! Since taking over the salon I have been on a very steep learning curve regarding nails and beauty!! This site has been invaluable! I have a great beauty therapist and one of my nail techs is the biz! My nail tech keeps telling me that I'm giving her a run for her money because I'm always talking about all the things I learn on here!! I'm having real probs finding another great nail tech and have started to wonder about learning myself. We use CND products for all our nail treatments and we also use opi polishes. I have seen a lot of geeks diccussing the CND complete course and was wondering of this is a good starting point or if I would need any other qualifications first? Any advice greatly received!! ;)

I would go straight to CND for training, I wasted money on other nail courses and only really gained any decent training from CND. If you wanted to only do man/ped and shellac and minx you could do that or train in all systems. I was going to give up on becoming a nail tech because I thought I was so bad at it but CND courses gave me confidence and actually showed me I could do it with proper training :lol:

I'm also hoping to do the CND Complete course. I've trained in NVQ2 Beauty Therapy General but have since had a million requests for acrylics. Their training is meant to be amazing so I'd say if you have the funds, go for it! Also they give you loads of equipment included in the course price.

I could just do the acrylic training but I really want to progress up the CND career ladder doing my masters and go all the way. I really like their attitude and outlook as a company, it's so passionate, friendly and down to earth. And they have an awesome image and believe in creating perfect nails, which is just the sort of values I value too.

SO yes, I have a bit of a company crush on CND! lol.:lol:

Sorry Thirtysix I have only just seen your post. Some have advised you to speak to S2 to answer your question and in truth that is the best advice but my suggestion is to speak directly to Education Manager Debbie Davies whose number is, 0113 217 3801

Having said that, your question was, was the course a good starting point and would you need any other qualifications first?

The answer is that you could not get a better starting point and you do not need any prior qualifications as it is a Complete course that will get you not only going but up and running. You will also have on successful completion, an ITEC diploma as well as the CND Certifications involved in the course. Good luck ... hair geeks usually make great nail technicians. x

Sorry Thirtysix I have only just seen your post. Some have advised you to speak to S2 to answer your question and in truth that is the best advice but my suggestion is to speak directly to Education Manager Debbie Davies whose number is, 0113 217 3801

Having said that, your question was, was the course a good starting point and would you need any other qualifications first?

The answer is that you could not get a better starting point and you do not need any prior qualifications as it is a Complete course that will get you not only going but up and running. You will also have on successful completion, an ITEC diploma as well as the CND Certifications involved in the course. Good luck ... hair geeks usually make great nail technicians. x

Thanks guys! And thanks geeg! I have rung S2 this morning an had a chat and they are sending me the info! I am so passionate about our industry and wish to gain the best knowledge available! Definitely gomna invest in CND training! I'll let you all know how I get on! Keep up the good work nail geeks!! ;)

I'm fully CND trained and would not use anything else L&P, Brisa,Minx Shellac. Years ago did OPI (still use the polish tho) i've wasted money over the years on a variety of courses.
Learnt by my mistakes CND offers amazing products,service,innovation. Don't waste your money on other courses, this will teach you everything. Obviously new things pop up all the time...but get the basics right :lol:,

After seeing what people have written, I am so glad I chose CND as my starting point. Looks like it was the right choice...not long to go! Very excited! yeah xx

Latest posts

Back