CND complete

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazyk

Reaction score
Hi All

I am a complete beginner and have just booked the CND complete course in peterborough in 2 weeks time. Chose this course to get me started after reading so many threads on here..turned out to have the best reviews.
I am soooo excited and can't wait to get into it.

Anyone been on this course...advice?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi, I was lucky enough to have a fab ea, she's made learning fun...even the theory...lol. It's been great because even when I have bad days she gets in touch to see how I am. It doesn't matter how often I text or email she always replies. The course content is good and the kit is amazing...all you need is a pad and a pen.

Advice...sit back and enjoy, the first 7 days are amazing, the last 7 are hard work but I still enjoy going each day. You won't believe how fast it goes, my last day is this Wednesday and then I am booked in for my ITEC :Scared:. It might be worth investing in a nail trainer for practice. There is also a CND complete group on this site too.

I'm enjoying training and I am also booked in to do Minx and have recently attended Nailstyle too which has been an excellent addition to Shellac and I already know which training I would like to do next year as well. I have made some great friends from all over the UK and my confidence has rocketed. Not bad for a granny!!lol

Its good to hear good feedback from someone that is currently doing it :)

Like i say i am a complete beginner and dont actually know anybody in the industry to ask for advice so i have spent weeks researching and feel very positive about this course.
Can i ask what level you are at? is this your first step into it like me?
What happens on the ITEC days? (sorry about all the questions, its good to actually speak to someone)
and finally...i am also new to nail geek and trying to find my way around, how do i find the CND complete group?

Thanks

Hi All

I am a complete beginner and have just booked the CND complete course in peterborough in 2 weeks time. Chose this course to get me started after reading so many threads on here..turned out to have the best reviews.

I look forward to seeing you in class, you are going to love it. xoxox Jen

Like i say i am a complete beginner and dont actually know anybody in the industry to ask for advice so i have spent weeks researching and feel very positive about this course.
What happens on the ITEC days? (sorry about all the questions, its good to actually speak to someone)
and finally...i am also new to nail geek and trying to find my way around, how do i find the CND complete group?

Thanks

The CND complete group can be found by clicking on 'groups' above on the bar.

Can I just comment on the phrase "I was lucky enough to have a fab EA (education ambassador) !! Every single CND EA is a fantastic highly trained individual and all make courses fun as well as informative. Having a fab EA is nothing to do with 'luck' as they are all amazing girls, and an incredibly talented bunch!

The course content is not 'good' it is phenomenal and way above any other you could find anywhere.

So be happy and confident in your choice and congratulations on doing your research so well.

I see your educator is the talented Jeni 'busybee' and I know you will have a great learning experience with her. Best of luck ... Work hard ... And do well. :hug:

Good luck HazyK. I've seen some of BusyBees nails on other threads and she is very talented and amazing at nails. And I think it's brilliant she responded to this thread saying you would be going to her, thats very conscientious of her. I think you have yourself a good EA there. I used to live in Lincolnshire nearish to Peterborough so if I hadn't moved we would have had the same EA and may have even been on the same course! I'm instead undertaking it now and in the south. :)

Good luck HazyK. I've seen some of BusyBees nails on other threads and she is very talented and amazing at nails. And I think it's brilliant she responded to this thread saying you would be going to her, thats very conscientious of her. I think you have yourself a good EA there. I used to live in Lincolnshire nearish to Peterborough so if I hadn't moved we would have had the same EA and may have even been on the same course! I'm instead undertaking it now and in the south. :)

You don't have to worry .. All the EA's are great at what they do.

Thanks

I was a complete beginner too, always loved nice looking nails but I hadn't even had a manicure, people I know loved Shellac and I had seen it so knew what it was. I had bought an EN course, but looked at it and knew I didn't suit that sort of teaching and a friend recommended CND. I have a little room above a chiroparactors and my official business starts the middle of September.

Try not to worry about ITEC, my ea gave me bits and pieces of info throughout the course as when you begin ITEC looks very scary, towards the end of the course you understand more so just worry about each section at a time. You get a fabulous book to work through with your ea too.

My day 14 is this Wednesday, I have an assessment day in October and my ITEC is November, where I am really looking forward to meeting the girls at the Creative Academy there. I have never left my 4 little children before, but will be spending a night...this course has taken me out of my comfort zone a few times but I find I am loving the challenges.

If you click on groups above, then scroll down that page, you will see our group, you may need to pm Floss26 or SJK. You can read through and post any concerns you have on there :hug: xx

Geeg, I respect your opinion completely, however ea's are humans too.

I would like to say that I have never had a bad day with Kate in Cheltenham, she is brilliant at her job (knows her stuff and nothing is too much trouble) and as already mentioned I am continuing my training with her once this course is finished and I would highly recommend the course.

But there are a lot of ea's and some do have bad days that affects their students.

Perhaps you should be thinking more along the lines of 'what's not quite right here?'. You are not new to nails like us students and your knowledge is immense, you give advice readily and you take no prisoners. your replies quite often are blunt and to the point which is what we need and love about you. I for one would never want to get on the wrong side of you :Scared: I wasn't going to say anything further as I know their will be a backlash from you but you may help train the ea's and there is no doubt about their knowledge, they really are the best but you haven't been on a complete course as a student. Like everything in life some are better than others xx

hello,

I have just completed the level 2 beauty course. i was going to do the shellac course, but have decided to do the CND complete course. I not looking for a complete list but do you get a shellac kit. e.g lamp etc. as I was going to buy the starter kit but dont know if I should hold off. thanks

hello,

I have just completed the level 2 beauty course. i was going to do the shellac course, but have decided to do the CND complete course. I not looking for a complete list but do you get a shellac kit. e.g lamp etc. as I was going to buy the starter kit but dont know if I should hold off. thanks

If you do the complete you get a fab kit it's like christmas every new section you start :D. All you need is a pad, a pen and maybe a nail trainer so you can practice as much as you need to xx

Hi All

Hi hazyk

Well firstly you've come to the right place so well done.....

I am/was a complete beginner to and chose the complete course.

Cnd products are amazing you will love them, shellac is amazing! The training was fab and I always looked forward to going, some nights i was soo excited i couldnt sleep :o and ea's patience should be bottled and sold...lol.... I'm sure you will love it like I did :lol: if I was able to change one thing (not that I can) I would like there no be an extra day on each enhancement system, but that's just me as i dont feel confident in it at all :rolleyes: anyway good luck, and I'll maybe see you in the groups section.

Geeg, I respect your opinion completely, however ea's are humans too.

I would like to say that I have never had a bad day with Kate in Cheltenham, she is brilliant at her job (knows her stuff and nothing is too much trouble) and as already mentioned I am continuing my training with her once this course is finished and I would highly recommend the course.

But there are a lot of ea's and some do have bad days that affects their students.

Perhaps you should be thinking more along the lines of 'what's not quite right here?'. You are not new to nails like us students and your knowledge is immense, you give advice readily and you take no prisoners. your replies quite often are blunt and to the point which is what we need and love about you. I for one would never want to get on the wrong side of you :Scared: I wasn't going to say anything further as I know their will be a backlash from you but you may help train the ea's and there is no doubt about their knowledge, they really are the best but you haven't been on a complete course as a student. Like everything in life some are better than others xx

Here comes the dreaded backlash. Your post said you were lucky to have got a good educator.

My post was a tribute to our educators and the skill, knowledge and ability of each and every one. Luck does not come into having an excellent CND education ambassador. Neither you nor I mentioned anyone having an 'off' day it wasn't even part of either post.

No one is lucky, as I said, to get a good EA ... They are all beyond good at what they do.

Last edited:
Here comes the dreaded backlash. Your post said you were lucky to have got a good educator.

My post was a tribute to our educators and the skill, knowledge and ability of each and every one. Luck does not come into having an excellent CND education ambassador. Neither you nor I mentioned anyone having an 'off' day it wasn't even part of either post.

No one is lucky, as I said, to get a good EA ... They are all beyond good at what they do.

I'm sure that's correct Geeg but, speaking from the perspective of being a current CND Complete student and having spoken at length with several others doing the same course with various educators around the UK, I have to agree with what RebeccaQ said in her post - our perception as students is that some EAs are better than others.

I feel very lucky, my E/A was Fee and I think she is/was fab but I also know that there is one or two ladies who dont feel the same as me, its such a shame, I feel slightly guilty. I think it would be a good idea for S2 to ask for feedback, or even just a wee "how are you finding x y z......" afterall the complete course is totally new and I think opinions good or bad would do well for the future "complete students" Nobody really knows how E/A's teach unless you have been taught by them and how dedicated they are to helping there students.

I remember thinking once that CND is the only training I've ever done that didn't have a feedback form at the end.

Am surprised to hear that about no feedback Pixie, how long ago did you train?

I gave feedback direct to SS via email after I had completed days 1-3 and I got a direct response in return.

My EA, Karen is absolutely fabulous :hug:she is extremely helpful, professional and always on hand should I send messages or ask for advice. 10/10!

After my day 14 I will again send feedback to SS about the course, my experience and thoughts. After a half day morning course at my day job I have to fill one out and that's for a trainer who works for the same organisation as me. So maybe it's just me and my expectations but feedback good and bad should always be welcome.

For anyone who isn't as happy as I am with my training and course get writing to SS x

Agreed. In my previous career, we had checks every year where our on job standard was checked. I know the EA's have regionals which checks their standard of competence and capabilities, which I am sure is exceptional as always as CND only have the best EA's when it comes to standard. But I think the way of teaching should be generic and free from any discrepancies, and checks should be made on this too. As although it's maybe to some a pitfall of human nature, people paying for and undertaking the same course ARE going to compare. It's human nature. And we want to feel like we are the most important person person to our EA as we are damn enthusiastic about your company and that should be cherished. I'm sure you agree. :)

Am surprised to hear that about no feedback Pixie, how long ago did you train?

I gave feedback direct to SS via email after I had completed days 1-3 and I got a direct response in return.

My EA, Karen is absolutely fabulous :hug:she is extremely helpful, professional and always on hand should I send messages or ask for advice. 10/10!

After my day 14 I will again send feedback to SS about the course, my experience and thoughts. After a half day morning course at my day job I have to fill one out and that's for a trainer who works for the same organisation as me. So maybe it's just me and my expectations but feedback good and bad should always be welcome.

For anyone who isn't as happy as I am with my training and course get writing to SS x

I've done four courses in the past four months

I've done four courses in the past four months

Feedback forms should be handed out at the end of every single course. If they have been omitted by someone then that is an over-site on behalf of the admin at the Creative Academy you attended and you should let Sweet Squared know. and give them your views. I know that most EA's hand out feedback forms and it is policy. We welcome feedback, we actively promote feedback and good or not we want it. [email protected]

Latest posts

Back