CND conversion course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazzer

Reaction score
why do you need a model for the CND conversion course anyone? I mean, why not a nail trainer?

BigBadBazzer 8)

The reason for this restriction is becasue it is significantly harder to determine people prep practices o na nail trainer.
It has no cuticle nor any oil and moisture within it's 'nail plate'.

Since PREP is the backbone for product adhesion, we feel its pertinent to request a model vs. the nail trainer.
Another reason is becuase most existing techs dont have a trainer. If you require them to have a trainer, thats another £150 for them to dish out for the course.

We use the nail trainers in our foundational courses for the early learning experience... but the students must still do their finals on real living breathing people.

Hope this helps

Yes, I have a problem with that too! I'd love to do the conversion course; in fact there's one in Manchester in a weeks time and I'd be there like a shot - but I just don't know anyone who would take the day off work. (It would mean taking a day, even though they're only required from 1pm). Actually I do have a friend who could do it, but he's a bloke and nail tips are way too small for his big nail beds so I guess he'd be no good.

As far as using the nail trainers are concerned... I'm an experienced tech and I own two! They're good for practising new techniques etc. For using during tuititon though, they're good for practising application but when it comes to filing they're totally hopeless. It seems those 'nails' only have to catch sight of a file and they come popping out of the socket. Infuriating!

Ali

Ali, that should't happen with the nail trainer.
Send them back to Essential Nails and they will upgrade your nail trainers to the most up to date housing for the artificial nail beds. Don't know how old your trainers are but this could be the problem.

Do remember though that the beds are designed to pop out if they receive rough filing - kind of the way the nail trainer says 'ouch'. Make sure yu are moving the hand at the wrist and not filing in an awkward position. You should treat it just like a real hand and arm and not ask it to do anything that you wouldn't ask a client to do.

You could ask if one of the other attendees on the course would share her model. I have often done that in the past and usually someone is happy to oblige. I'm sure the education office would be happy to try to help you with the model problem.

Hi Geeg,

Well you know, I had wondered if it might be that my nail trainers are old. I got them when they were first introduced at Olympia, and later complained to the company that the models they subsequently introduced had 'palms'. They then very kindly sent me the necessary bits to make my nt's more life-like!

I did some courses at NSI only last year and every single nail trainer used in those classes suffered from the same problem. I spoke to the educator about it and she thought that they were useless for filing practise too, so perhaps theirs are old like mine. I'm going to take your advice and ask EN if I can send mine back either for modification or replacement.

Thanks for the tip about the possibility of model sharing; I'll ring the education office and see if they can help. :thumbsup:

Ali

It is the policy at any Creative Nail Academy that we supply a nail trainer with every Foundation course -- so much do we believe in the value of the nail trainer as an aid to learning -- it is not an option but a mandatory part of the course and is included in the cost of the course.

We do not have the problem you describe (any more) we did at first but ES has refined many parts since the original trainers were produced.

I have to say that after my college training where we used the nail trainer on occasion, this is the only part of creative training that I have a worry for. Its does cost a lot of money and if it does lose the nails how will I know if they will change the trainer or blame me for rough filing.
We used to laugh about it in college, using quips like "my client has severe nail separation", as the nails went flying across the room. But if I have to pay all that money for one in with my course I want to be able to use it to practice on.

Hi Debbie,

I got my nail trainer in January of this year and can honestly say I've had no problems with it at all. The nails only pop out if I get heavy handed with the nail file or if I haven't popped them in correctly and that's very rarely. Otherwise I've had no problems at all and as a beginer I'm definitely a heavy duty user - I use it nearly every night!

I don't think I would have progressed so much without it - I can honestly say it's been worth every penny.

Hope this helps!

Kx :)

Thanks Karen, I live in hope. Its a lot of money to waste if I don`t use it. I`ve been wanting one for a long time but I want to be able to use it for more than practicing nail art.

You will not have problems with your Nail Trainer.

If we had problems with them, we wouldn't use them ... simple as that.

If by any remote chance YOU received a faulty one ... the educator would check it out and if found defective, would replace it for you. Simplem

We include over a thousand Nail trainers per year on our courses ... what would be the point if all we got was hassel from the students about them having problems? We teach you how to use it to the best advantage - don't worry.

Thanks geeg, I really appreciate that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back