CND discontinued products for 2014

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll too miss m&r and iced coral ( always a favourite when it was called make a wish ) I did wonder if they'd disappear in shellac when they didn't appear in vinylux !
I've used them, and taught and demoed these two colours a lot as layering colours, but we do have these effects in our additives now , green gold sparkle will give you the effect of IC and violet pearl with titanium pearl (6 parts vp to 1 part titanium pearl ) is a great replacement for m&r ... Much cheaper way to get the effect also !!

I have a client who loves Moonlight and roses so I definitely need to get another bottle.

Its not the most cost effective for all but now they're gone from open stock and I need a M+R I'll be picking up a Shellac collection 3.0 to get it- I need another studio white, purple purple is popular for me and so is asphalt so it will all get used and is cheaper then buying the bottles individually and I keep my client happy for longer :)

Violet pearl additive is also a great substitute for M+R.

I thought of this myself today, great minds think alike .:hug:
Collection 3 is great value

No M&R French is my fav and gutted about silver VIP status 😁 I love ice vapour but that's even limited edition
Hey ho let's hope it makes room for loads more fab colours!

Interesting to see there is a new design remover wrap :)

I have all the shellac colours that have been discontinued and have only ever used them once or twice so not surprised really.

Also excited to see 8oz hand creams , think this will make retailing hand creams easier , and more retail sales is a goal of mine this year :)

Snap! - the wraps

I found them so tricky I changed to foil but if they made them slightly less "fiddly" I'd love to use them!

I wonder what the new shellac trial pack will consist of!

Oooo interested in the wraps and the shellac trial pack - chic.

I was thinking about buying an intro pack at pro beauty if the lamps are back but may hang on to see the new pack :)

I love silver VIP. Love the way it changes any colour. The subtle twinkle not in your face glitter. I don't use additives but do hope there is an alternative I can use with additives. X

Mango & coconut scentsation 2oz ya kiddin me!?

This is a running joke with me that whenever I find something that I love, it gets discontinued! I'm gutted for my clients as 90% of them love Silver or Gold VIP over their colours. You can't stock up forever :cry:

It's the same with lipsticks though isn't it?

Oh nooo I use a lot of iced coral when layering, are CND trying to phase out the whole layering idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh nooo I use a lot of iced coral when layering, are CND trying to phase out the whole layering idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bloody hope not. Although I love using the additives they can be messy at times & layering it just easier!

I totally get that businesses need to phase out colours that are not so popular, but I am absolutely gutted about Silver VIP. It's one that I personally use a lot and the gold one is no replacement to silver - if anything, MOP was a better replacement.

Zillionaire is a bit of a pointless colour for me, doesn't count as a replacement IMO :/

I like the idea of green gold sparkle over to iced coral-ise colours, but will miss the ease of layering.

Will be stocking up on lots of Silver VIP.

Stop stressing! :green: Every colour that is being phased out (a mere handful) can be replicated more easily and more cheaply and more quickly may I add, with the additives.

Stop stressing! :green: Every colour that is being phased out (a mere handful) can be replicated more easily and more cheaply and more quickly may I add, with the additives.

Can I ask Geeg, which additive to use to replicate Silver VIP?

Simple solution instead of getting rid of colours already established, stop being out reds!!!!!

Hmmm... none of these colors effect me. If they took out masquerade and dark lava I'd be dead though. haha

Hmmm... none of these colors effect me. If they took out masquerade and dark lava I'd be dead though. haha

Me too!

I'll miss silver VIP but the others are ones I was toying with no longer stocking as they hardly get used.

It'll be I interesting to see the new wraps too!

I don't think anyone is stressing, just sad to see the favourites go which only reflects on how well these colours are received when they are brought out.

I've still got Vanilla Suede Scentsation lotion even though it was discontinued a while ago it has remained a favourite with my clients. I have others for them to choose but they all love it, as do I. There's nought I can do when it's gone, but mourn the loss and try and find another that is as well received. :D

Can I ask Geeg, which additive to use to replicate Silver VIP?

I'm told by my girls that a light dusting of Denim Geod is amazing! Or mix it with Brisa.

Latest posts

Back