Cnd Educators Help Me Out Here!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherDavis

Reaction score
Hey I'm a newbie geek to all of you lovely folks, and need some INFO!!!

I am a Las Vegas, NV trained Nail Tech living in ALASKA, where nail training and laws are a bit of a, ahem, hack, JOKE.

I have 600 hours from my beauty school, and scores of 100% on my written and practical from the Nevada State board of Cosmetology, taken in 1995.

Alaska requires a 12 hour course in sanitation to become a licensed nail tech. You end the course with an OPEN BOOK test.

I cry about that too, here's a tissue.

So with all my hours, Alaska decided that I had to also take their 12 hour course or they wouldnt license me to work up here.

But this really isn't the main part of my beef.

I have been using Creative almost exclusively since I grad. from Beauty School. I love the product!!

My problem (after much babbling on my part, and I apologize) is that the 2 wholesale suppliers I use here are not keeping alot of my favorite product on hand because of "lack of interest." Most so called "techs" up here learned from their friends friends and use product I dont care for, the most popular being OPI and Tammy Taylor- which is exactly who ends up teaching classes on application and technique and etc.

I have yet to see any classes for CND, and was even approached at one point to educate about 4-5 yrs ago, but was passed on due to lack of interest for anyone to even TAKE a class!

So where do I go from here? I love my work, and take great pride in it, and would love to educate other techs who NEED the information AND experience desperately, and dont get it because no one is SHARING it with them! We could have quite a revolution here!

How can I become a CND Master from up here and actually get going as an educator? What are the steps? Who can show me the light? Where do I get started? What techniques should I already have perfected or be working on?

Have I made any sense at all? LOL!! I tend to get lost in my point sometimes ;)

btw- I am so glad to have found this site- what a great tool for all of us to utilize! Nice to meet all of you, and to those I havent yet- looking forward to it!

over here in the uk you have to be a Master in all the systems (L & P, Gel, fabric and spa mani and pedi )- then you go onto educators - im sure if you pm geek, mrs geek or geeg, they will let you know all the details you need.

nice to meet you, enjoy the site, i love it too

Hi, and a big welcome to the site!!
Have you had a look on the Creativenaildesign.com site? I think it should have contact numbers for you to contact CND in San Diego regarding what they require for becoming an educator or even to tell you where your nearest distributor would be.......I am sure the nailgeek would also help with contact nos as he is The director of Education for CND over here.......but I think he may be on holiday at the moment .......so dont despair if you dont get a reply right away....keep logging on there is plenty to keep you interested on this site!......I am a CND Educator in Edinburgh, Scotland, which must be about as faraway as you can get from Alaska!! so I dont think I can be of any further help just now.......
Cheery

Hey thanks Peter Pan and Izzidoll~

I will follow your advice and relentlessly pm those with the NERVE to go on HOLIDAY when I need them (wink wink) ;)

nice to meet ya- I may have to start going to shows in other cities to get to my master classes! Maybe I can go from there....

:)

you may have to travel... alot!!! Most of the bigger education classes for the "west" why Alaska is considered west I'm not sure... are in Seattle, Portland or Salt Lake. Try the CND website as suggested, and see about becoming an educator. You'll make a killing, quality products, quality work, colors...be sure to charge what you're worth!!!

Latest posts

Back