CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know what they will be charging for this? The same as a Shellac application or not? I know the price hasn't been announced yet, but any ideas x

Loving Svelte Suede and Powder My Nose!!

Can't tell you how excited I am for this! :D

Does anybody know what they will be charging for this? The same as a Shellac application or not? I know the price hasn't been announced yet, but any ideas x

Just as you would any polish service! Just your client is going to get longer out of the polish and you will get the fast dry time and quick application with no base coat required! And benefit from any retail :)

This may be a completely dumb question but how would you do rockstars with polish? I'm thinking my regular polish clients (soon to be vinylux clients) will be rather jealous of all the pretty rockstar and nail art shellac clients lol x

This has come at a perfect time for me as I am just starting out, my dilemma now is can I justify buying into shellac, vinylux and minx at the start of my business? I wasn't going to offer a normal polish as such, as the comments on here suggest it is a thing of the past with most people having shellac and their polishes just gather dust. What do you guys think? Is it worth investing in all three? Agh decisions!

This has come at a perfect time for me as I am just starting out, my dilemma now is can I justify buying into shellac, vinylux and minx at the start of my business? I wasn't going to offer a normal polish as such, as the comments on here suggest it is a thing of the past with most people having shellac and their polishes just gather dust. What do you guys think? Is it worth investing in all three? Agh decisions!

I would start with Shellac Nd Vinylux ... Minx I would go light on to start with. JMHO

I'm starting out with Shellac and will be investing in Vinylux - just got another S2 delivery couple of mins ago, which means I can do my first trial today :))

Aghhh. I totally don't get this about the classic file and polish becoming obsolete! It's here to stay. More so when Vinylux launches :D

Ps good luck with starting up :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Starting up in business is fraught with difficult choices - but how cool is it to be able to make that choice about such amazing products! :D

If I were you, I'd go for shellac as your major product with vinylux as the supporting act and maybe a few minx designs. The thing with minx is that you don't want to hold stock in the beginning that you won't be able to use in order to replenish supplies.

Normal polish manicures have taken a bit of a backseat the past few years - natural nail care in the 00s (likely before, but that was my first taste) was almost given a bit of a backseat what with enhancements, then along came the semi-permanent colour coats that revolutionised the industry - however, vinylux is no normal polish. It's cheaper for both you and the client than shellac and not everyone can wear shellac anyway (catering/nursing, for example). Also: killer point - you may find upselling easier from shellac fingers to shellac fingers AND matching polished tootsies.

Normal polish may be less-used at the moment, but I see vinylux making that change. Plus it can be retailed to bring in more money to invest... in minx.

I was thinking of making a pack, similar to Rinn, with a microplane file, a vinylux polish and t/c and a little massage candle. I'd have it wrapped in lovely, bright tissue papers and cellophane and marketing it as some sort of summer essentials kit.

I'm so looking forward to adding Vinylux to my business! My only query is using it on enhancements. If a client wants to be able to change their colour on enhancements would this rule out Brisa Lite and L&P? Because it has to be removed with an acetone based remover?

I'm so looking forward to adding Vinylux to my business! My only query is using it on enhancements. If a client wants to be able to change their colour on enhancements would this rule out Brisa Lite and L&P? Because it has to be removed with an acetone based remover?

I think not. I've used Acetone in the salon to remove polish from enhancements forever! The small amount you use and the tiny amount of time it takes is just not long enough to affect the enhancement product underneath. Clients should be told not to use copious amounts of remover and to remove quickly.

I think not. I've used Acetone in the salon to remove polish from enhancements forever! The small amount you use and the tiny amount of time it takes is just not long enough to affect the enhancement product underneath. Clients should be told not to use copious amounts of remover and to remove quickly.

That's great to know. Thanks Geeg! :)

Right. That's it, I'm sold!!!!

This may be a completely dumb question but how would you do rockstars with polish? I'm thinking my regular polish clients (soon to be vinylux clients) will be rather jealous of all the pretty rockstar and nail art shellac clients lol x

Anyone have an answer to my question?x

I don't think you can without it looking messy. And if your clients are jealous. Sell them onto shellac! X

No idea! But I'm sure we will have more information once it has officially launched x

Only thing to do is try it!! I don't think you would get a smooth feel like you would with CND Shellac :/ also you have maybe have to try it a few times to judge how long to leave the polish to dry before applying the glitter and I don't think you would be able to scrub it in like you would CND Shellac!

I'm at S2 tomorrow so I will give it a try and see what I come up with :)

I don't think you can without it looking messy. And if your clients are jealous. Sell them onto shellac! X

I would but the only clients I have that I haven't sold onto shellac are clients that can't wear it for their jobs etc. thanks though. Just thought it was me having a blonde moment thinking it wasn't possible x

I have a question, I use gelish and love the strength it offers, I would use the structure gel underneath vinylux but would I finish the gelish application completely including top coat then buff slightly and add vinylux or do as it says for brisa lite on the industry source.

Thanks x

Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Gels?

A. Yes, create the Brisa Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Apply Brisa Gloss and cure. Remove the top film with 99% IPA and gently remove the shine with a Boomerang Buffer. Apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.

Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Lite Removable Gels?

A. Yes, create the Brisa Lite Removable Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Thoroughly dust the enhancement. Skip the Brisa Lite Removable Top Coat and apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.

Latest posts

Back