CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oooooo amazing, i haven't been on facebook today so i'll go and have a look. thanks geeks

Really want more info on the Intro Kit! x

I think I am going to keep my prices as they are. One huge reason is that I have just re-done all of my prices and printed a tonne out but the other is that I hope clients will see it as value for money and recommend me when I am charging similar to others but they are seeing much better wear.

My prices are reasonable anyway so as long as the trade price isn't too different I'm sticking!

It will be a great retail polish Oey and a great recommended retail price at £9.95

Especially as a lot of the Shellac colours are going to also be available in Vinylux.
Removes with acetone based polish remover.
Great for clients who only want polish over a weekend or short holiday and can't wear polish at work,,so they can remove it themselves.

Thanks izzi.

So to clarify - its a none uv cure polish that can be used in the salon or sold as retail to clients too? X x x

Thanks izzi.

So to clarify - its a none uv cure polish that can be used in the salon or sold as retail to clients too? X x x

If you check out the Groups I am sure there is a video and a set of FAQs which may help.

I am sure that when they all return from the Event they will be buzzing to answer all questions LOL.

we want pics from people at the event, WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! :)

they got goodie bags with vinylux in so us poor kids sat behind our computer screens want some vinylux pics :D lol x

I've wrote the word vinylux on my phone that many times my iPhone actually corrects it to vinylux if I spell it wrong lol x

Now this product has grabbed my attention. I used to love the colour spike. Which colour would be the closest?

One of my favourites too!!

I did a little shoe test the other day (just been away on some training so haven't been able to post). I took the Vinylux off one of my big toes and reapplied, left it 8 1/2 - 9 mins (felt dry) then put on knee highs and my leather work flats that are I guess you would say fitted (not loose but not uncomfortably tight) walked around in them for duration of ebrow wax and then checked. I have to say this was pushing it too far, most of the nail was fine except the free edge at the centre (about 1/2cm wide) the polish had "bunched up" (where it would have received most pressure from rubbing on the top of the shoe), other than this part the rest of the nail looked perfect. I think if I had left it for another 8 mins it probably would have been fine.
On another note, I used an OPI brand Acetone-Free Polish Remover to remove it after two and a half days from my toe without problems, and tonight removed it from Miss 10's nails (school is back tomorrow) after 4 1/2 days with the same remover, as the product is supposed to get harder with natural light over time I'm not sure if it would still work at day seven. She had no chips or sign of wear, if it wasn't for the new nail growth it would have looked freshly applied.

This might be a stupid question but will the polish last 7 days chip free on the nails that haven't had the cuticle removed, just I do a basic shape and polish with no cuticle work so I don't want to advertise it as a 7 day polish for this if it won't. Also the majority of my friends who paint their own nails paint all over the skin around their nails so I wouldn't want to retail it too them if it won't last xx

^^^

You need a very clean, contaminate-free nail plate to get the 7 day wear. Cuticle removal and scrubfresh is how it was presented to us at The Event. No base coat though so you're saving time and effort there but must do good nail prep.

That's how I understood it but someone more knowledgable may chip in ;)

This might be a stupid question but will the polish last 7 days chip free on the nails that haven't had the cuticle removed, just I do a basic shape and polish with no cuticle work so I don't want to advertise it as a 7 day polish for this if it won't. Also the majority of my friends who paint their own nails paint all over the skin around their nails so I wouldn't want to retail it too them if it won't last xx

Teddysmom is correct. For any polish to last well, it requires that the nail is clean and dry before painting.

I actually dont think I could ever bring myself to paint nails that hadn't been prepared correctly. No point in doing the job really if you don't prepare the surface first is there?

Indeed not Geeg!
I'm not sure how many clients will carry out correct prep when they're applying it at home though!

Indeed not Geeg!
I'm not sure how many clients will carry out correct prep when they're applying it at home though!

That's a really good point, however surely this gives us a really good marketing opportunity to offer our manicure services to our clients so they can ensure that cuticle build up is regularly removed from the nail. We were also told by CND while at the event that small sizes of scrub fresh and nourishing remover will soon be available. So we need to educate them to use these products too

That's a really good point, however surely this gives us a really good marketing opportunity to offer our manicure services to our clients so they can ensure that cuticle build up is regularly removed from the nail. We were also told by CND while at the event that small sizes of scrub fresh and nourishing remover will soon be available. So we need to educate them to use these products too

Yes regular manicures will be essential as we don't want clients getting hold of a metal implement and removing the cuticle themselves scratching away at the nail plate :Scared::Scared::Scared:

We can only advise clients ... Which is why we don't make promises about length of wear time etc.

Even if DIYers don't get the same results as they would get from a professional manicure (which they never do with whatever polish they use) they are going to love that quick dry time!! :) and that shine!

That's quite concerning actually that people are going to have access to all the pros items and also if you're educating them to use the items like a nail tech You might find that they buy all the stuff and continue to just do it themselves meaning you've lost clients in the long run.

I honestly don't think it will stop people getting their nails done professionally. It's taken me years to be able to prepare and paint my left hand well (I'm left handed so find it easier to do my right hand). You can buy tools to do most things in life but it doesn't mean we stop getting professionals in when we want a good job.

Also, many of my clients say it's not just about getting their nails done, it's the whole experience they come for. If we can sell them the proper remover so they can take vinylux off without damaging their nails it's a win win situation.

That's quite concerning actually that people are going to have access to all the pros items and also if you're educating them to use the items like a nail tech You might find that they buy all the stuff and continue to just do it themselves meaning you've lost clients in the long run.

Nah, I don't think so.
I've got cupboards full of stupidly expensive ingredients. Can I produce a meal like Heston? In a parallel universe, maybe!

No not at all. What we've learned this weekend is that it will be a PRO ONLY polish, it will only be able to be purchased through us, so they will come to us because they want the product and can't get it in Tesco or Boots. Also we know how to do certain art and styles techniques that we can also apply to Vinylux, so again, they will still come to us, those who want arty nails but want the flexibility to change their nails each week or ease of removability because they can do it themselves at home.

This will be huge and will change the manicure service all over again for those who are die hard polish addicts or for those whose Shellac doesn't last or many other category of client.

Do clients want standard polish that lasts 3 days before it dents or chips and takes hours to dry or do they want a polish that is totally dry in just over 8 minutes and properly dry, not just touch dry and gets harder over time giving a flawless chip free mani for 7 days?

There is a high percentage of people who do their own nails at home and will continue to do so. Once they hear about Vinylux they will be seeking out salons that retail it and use it and then we can enjoy seeing our profit margins rise as a result. Win win in my book :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back