CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite concerning actually that people are going to have access to all the pros items and also if you're educating them to use the items like a nail tech You might find that they buy all the stuff and continue to just do it themselves meaning you've lost clients in the long run.

Have you ever looked in antique shops at all the manicure tools ladies have used for CENTURIES?? Cuticle removers and files etc.

My mother always manicured her nails well before applying her polish, and the things to do that have always been available to consumers in every chemist shop in the land and continue to be. Even as a child I was given a manicure kit by my grandmother. I don't think anything there has changed at all and I think your concern is completely unnecessary.

I have always sold homecare kits to my clients ... Files, cuticle remover, manicure sticks, polish ..... What exactly is different apart from the fact that VINYLUX is a longer lasting, faster drying fab polish?

Can someone send me the info on this new polish as I can't find a description of it through the pages on this link... Pros and cons and difference compared to shellac? X

OMG! I've just sold my first bottle of Vinylux in Negligee + a top coat. My client has her shellac done in negligee with BL Smoothing underneath (every 3-4 weeks!!!!) I showed her my nails that have various Vinylux colours on and told her all about it. She was very impressed :D x

Can someone send me the info on this new polish as I can't find a description of it through the pages on this link... Pros and cons and difference compared to shellac? X

EVERYTHING you need to know is in this thread. All the questions have already been asked.

Have a look through and I think you'll find all the answers you are looking for and much more.

:)

Have you ever looked in antique shops at all the manicure tools ladies have used for CENTURIES?? Cuticle removers and files etc.

My mother always manicured her nails well before applying her polish, and the things to do that have always been available to consumers in every chemist shop in the land and continue to be. Even as a child I was given a manicure kit by my grandmother. I don't think anything there has changed at all and I think your concern is completely unnecessary.

I have always sold homecare kits to my clients ... Files, cuticle remover, manicure sticks, polish ..... What exactly is different apart from the fact that VINYLUX is a longer lasting, faster drying fab polish?

I appreciate that but the difference is they will now be using a PROFESSIONAL polish, with professional prep products (blimey that's a tongue twister!) and they should get the same 7 day wear as if a pro has applied it. Thus they may think it's suitably easy to do it themselves from now on if they are getting the same results. I hope I'm wrong but I'm very wary of this.

What do you guys recommend as a prep product for clients - the mini ScrubFresh bottles aren't available on the S2 site - they could of course be coming, but I'm not sure if they are a retail item.

Mat

I appreciate that but the difference is they will now be using a PROFESSIONAL polish, with professional prep products (blimey that's a tongue twister!) and they should get the same 7 day wear as if a pro has applied it. Thus they may think it's suitably easy to do it themselves from now on if they are getting the same results. I hope I'm wrong but I'm very wary of this.

if you don't think you can do a better more professional, neater job than your clients then you need to up your game!

I have to admit I'm unpractised with regular polish on actual clients (as I trained with CND last year and have been waiting to find out what was replacing C+Es) and will be upping my game and planning on getting my Master Painter this year so I have that extra bit of confidence.

Having said that if someone wants to just come to me and buy scrub fresh + vinuylux + top coat + nourishing remover then I'm pretty sure the profit margin on that lot will keep my happy, and they can go away and paint their nails themselves saving me the time from actually doing it and free up an appointment slot for another service. it's win win!

Smaller bottles would be good :D

What do you guys recommend as a prep product for clients - the mini ScrubFresh bottles aren't available on the S2 site - they could of course be coming, but I'm not sure if they are a retail item.

Mat

Acetone

Thanks for confirming that - I assumed. And when the 2oz Nourishing Removers are available a perfect retail addition. :)

Seriously. Clients just like to own a bottle polish in the colour they have on their nails. I've seen some of the DIY jobs my clients have done & believe me they are BAD! Clients like to be able to touch up or paint their toes to match their Shellac mani. I'm 100% sure that when I've done a manicure it looks GOOD, it looks PROFESSIONAL, my clients ALWAYS comment on my steady hand, my good eye sight & my neatness of application & they always say that they can never do their nails like I do so I know they will be back despite buying their own bottle. Win win situation as far as I can see :D

I applied 2 layers of Wildfire followed by topcoat this evening, timed 8 and a half mins then did things as normal, but all the nails have smudged or marked. I was under the impression it would be fully dry after 8 and a half mins, now I'm thinking is it actually touch dry after this time?

Could I just mention that rumours of my staying up until midnight are greatly exaggerated.
Oh yes they are.
Just sayin'

I applied 2 layers of Wildfire followed by topcoat this evening, timed 8 and a half mins then did things as normal, but all the nails have smudged or marked. I was under the impression it would be fully dry after 8 and a half mins, now I'm thinking is it actually touch dry after this time?

Wonder if it's 8 1/2 mins for each coat or is it like normal polish where you continue as soon as you finish all 10 nails? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Could I just mention that rumours of my staying up until midnight are greatly exaggerated.
Oh yes they are.
Just sayin'

Hee hee I'm not staying up either.

Really.

Oh yes they are.
Just sayin'

I'm yawning already - I will not press refresh more than 60 times a minute! :D

I do hope that there's something scary on the telly box to keep me awake!

Seriously. Clients just like to own a bottle polish in the colour they have on their nails. I've seen some of the DIY jobs my clients have done & believe me they are BAD! Clients like to be able to touch up or paint their toes to match their Shellac mani. I'm 100% sure that when I've done a manicure it looks GOOD, it looks PROFESSIONAL, my clients ALWAYS comment on my steady hand, my good eye sight & my neatness of application & they always say that they can never do their nails like I do so I know they will be back despite buying their own bottle. Win win situation as far as I can see :D

Couldn't agree with you more. :0)

I'm a fool. I bought lots of beautiful colours in colours my clients will love...and I forgot extra topcoats, don't want to sell them my two! This is why I am usually never without my lists.

Silly me - I'll be staying up with you lot!

Nope it's fully dry after 8.5 minutes. Sorry, you must have painted too thick.

I have painted 100s of nails with VINYLUX and they are dry and enough to do things as normal.

@adventuregirl ... It is 8.5 for all 3 coats and you paint each coat, one after the other, just like you do with any pro polish.

Latest posts

Back