CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just open an email from CND -about their new nail polish! Wow,this is going to be exciting as it unfolds!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure whether I'm going to be getting a huge stock in, shellac is so popular! Maybe as a retail line.

I do know I would be dissapointed if I was attending 'the event' & this was the big reveal, but fingers crossed for those going that CND have more in store (although I hope not for the sake of my bank balance!)

I would be disappointed to if I was going to The Event and this was the reveal, still would of liked to have gone to meet other geeks but in the last 18 months I have only ever been asked for regular polish once, so I won't be rushing out to stock this. I hope to the CND have more up their sleeve to show off at The Event. X :)

Morning

I am so not impressed at all. I am really really hoping this isn't going to be a case of shellac brings them back and vinylux takes them away again.

Sorry to be negative and I know that we can layer shellac, glitter, foil etc and it lasts some clients weeks on end. The thing is I would say 50% of our clientelle are professional's who have plain colours or French due to work. I have a bad feeling about this..............

And on another note does that mean cnd super shiney will be discontinued? :(

I really don't know why all the negativity about this? Surley people who bought a ticket for the event didnt buy it 'just' to find out about a new product bring realised, a day before others finding out, really?!

I did buy a ticket and for other circumstances I cannot go but don't let that spoil it.
It's not ALL about a new product is it?!

i got the email from cnd last nite but thought it was too late to come on here!

anywayi think its great that we are going to have polishes to match shellac, great retail opportunity plus you can retail polish remover with it as it needs an acetone based remover! plus think of all those young girls who love to change their colour regularly, nurses etc who cant wear polish for work but want it to last the whole weekend, people who work shifts and have 4 days off at a time..they can now have polish that LASTS and take it off themselves...the list is endless!!! think POSITIVE ladies...CND dont do anything we havent loved so far!xxx

and loving the yellow!!!

Doesn't it make more sense to wait for the official information and targets before jumping to conclusions?

As for the Event, IF it was the big reveal and it's happened early then while a little disappointing you may still get to see it first and get to try it. Maybe that isn't the product being revealed. Who knows. The education will outweigh anything else. IMO that should be the most important aspect of it.

Think of the positives, this will open up a whole new client market who can't paint their own nails but who won't have shellac because they are scared of the uv or removal ect

:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366102899.068505.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366102899.068505.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 500
I'm confused because I ordered from Sweet Squared at Easter and they sent me a catalogue with Vinylux in, all the colours were listed and everything

Mmm sounds good. But it might not be this that's being launched at The Event. I can't wait anyhow:D Haha the sheer suspense of it all.

I would be disappointed to if I was going to The Event and this was the reveal, still would of liked to have gone to meet other geeks but in the last 18 months I have only ever been asked for regular polish once, so I won't be rushing out to stock this. I hope to the CND have more up their sleeve to show off at The Event. X :)

I have to agree I very rarely get asked for traditional polish and if I do I try to upsell shellac and it usually works. Last times I have used traditional polish were at a fundraising event in November and again in Feb for my daughter's pamper party. Haven't touched them since.

I know there are a few clients of mine that will like these as they now match shellac but it'll be retail I think. Having said that I don't have tons of money to invest in polishes if they are just going to sit on a shelf doing nothing.

Xx

Finally :)

Looking forward to hearing more about it and potentially getting some in for retail purposes. Great for those accident prone clients for touching up!

Fingers crossed there's good scope for retail. I don't use masses of regular polish but it would be good to have the ones that match the Shellac in. I have lot of professionals who can only have Shellac on their toes so they will love to be able to match even if only for a week before they need to remove it.

Concerned about the removal being "nourishing remover recommended though" I thought the whole point was that normal polish remover would do the job?

I saw an article which said the led lamp was being revealed in may!

Have to say I was disappointed too to know it was just a newly renovated polish...

HOWEVER...after having time to mull it over since I read the email...I myself love shellac and wear nothing but shellac...but the one thing I dread doing is removing it...only cause i'm an impatient fook lol and I change my shellac every week anyway so...this new polish could very well be a welcomed change for me?

I am still excited to go to the launch here in NZ regarldess. So chin up people! It'll be a fun day/night anyhow, wether we know what it is now or not :)

EDIT: Ok just jumped the gun like someone said not to lol, Just read the article on the NAIL mag link..didn't realise how the polish reacted over time..and it doesn't need a base coat...so i've removed my snarky comment lol...even more excited now :p

Last edited:
I should imagine normal remover will do the job, but it's like with Shellac, we have Dsolve which is amazing or the nourishing remover which is amazing amazing. The nourishing remover will be more endorsed as it is better for the clients nails. A bit more oily, less time on the nail and as it says it's nourishing & definitely less dehydrating. I have the choice of 2 removers but mainly use the nourishing remover now xx

I saw an article which said the led lamp was being revealed in may!

Mrs Geek commented on another thread that it was going to be 2014.

Hmmm Mrs Geek said LED Lamp not til next year?

I'm in two minds about Vinylux from what I have read so far....

If it is a week long polish and we retail it to our clients, won't we lose a few appointments at least as a result? Those clients that can paint their toes and fingers will just do it themselves? A week is a good length of time for a "normal" polish to last and some of my Shellac and Gelish clients actually get bored with their colour after a week - so this is the perfect in-between solution for them. And bonus - they can buy a bottle and do it themselves!

I know not all cleints will fit this mould but some will so for all the positives there are some negatives too.

Will have to wait for more details and see how it pans out I guess. I do have faith in CND so I'm sure the positives will outweigh the negatives when all is revealed in more detail. I'm just accustomed to there being any negatives at all with anything CND launches......I've grown to expect 100% positive from them x

Have to say I was disappointed too to know it was just a newly renovated polish...

HOWEVER...after having time to mull it over since I read the email...I myself love shellac and wear nothing but shellac...but the one thing I dread doing is removing it...only cause i'm an impatient fook lol and I change my shellac every week anyway so...this new polish could very well be a welcomed change for me?

I am still excited to go to the launch here in NZ regarldess. So chin up people! It'll be a fun day/night anyhow, wether we know what it is now or not :)

EDIT: Ok just jumped the gun like someone said not to lol, Just read the article on the NAIL mag link..didn't realise how the polish reacted over time..and it doesn't need a base coat...so i've removed my snarky comment lol...even more excited now :p

It isn't a newly renovated polish. Not at all. Since when does CND ever launch anything like that?

I do wonder just what will satisfy people sometimes??? Every single Shellac user has been wanting a polish in the favourite Shellac colours ... Now you will have 30 of them to choose from. You asked CND listened. Thank you CND

But CND never does entirely what you expect and have used new CND technology and invented a UNIQUE polish formula which is quite mind blowingly different and patent pending. Thank you CND.

So many cool selling points and they have made it available at a price that can't be beat for you and your customers ..... Thank you CND.

You can also apply it in much less time than any other polish you have ever used, so along with the service price, you will be making much more money on the same service you offer now .... sounds good to me .. thank you CND for serving the Professional so well once again; it is exactly what we have asked for and more.

I don't see any negatives at all. It does not replace Shellac but for some clients it may do as well for them as Shellac if they are the ones who only manage a weeks wear from Shellac plus you have the chance to retail this product to many MORE clients who do not currently use Shellac. I see it that you will retain those clients' interest who have not been able to wear shellac for as long as most others do.

The salon business and clients are in constant flux. Clients do not stay forever and you should not expect them to. But I know many clients old and new are going to be very attracted to this product, just as they were to Shellac. Many of you changed your enhancement clients to Shellac clients ... so what if a few Shellac clients decide to use CND polish ... don't you get new clients on a weekly basis? We certainly do. More to offer looks good to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back