CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited about this too!
It will be faaaarrrr from ordinary and certainly not a reinvention of the wheel 😀

Bring it on CND !!!!Another first x

It isn't a newly renovated polish. Not at all. Since when does CND ever launch anything like that?

I do wonder just what will satisfy people sometimes??? Every single Shellac user has been wanting a polish in the favourite Shellac colours ... Now you will have 30 of them to choose from. You asked CND listened. Thank you CND

But CND never does entirely what you expect and have used new CND technology and invented a UNIQUE polish formula which is quite mind blowingly different and patent pending. Thank you CND.

So many cool selling points and they have made it available at a price that can't be beat for you and your customers ..... Thank you CND.

You can also apply it in much less time than any other polish you have ever used, so along with the service price, you will be making much more money on the same service you offer now .... sounds good to me .. thank you CND for serving the Professional so well once again; it is exactly what we have asked for and more.

I don't see any negatives at all. It does not replace Shellac but for some clients it may do as well for them as Shellac if they are the ones who only manage a weeks wear from Shellac plus you have the chance to retail this product to many MORE clients who do not currently use Shellac.

The salon business and clients are in constant flux. Clients do not stay forever and you should not expect them to. But I know many clients old and new are going to be very attracted to this product, just as they were to Shellac. Many of you changed your enhancement clients to Shellac clients ... so what if a few Shellac clients decide to use CND polish ... don't you get new clients on a weekly basis? We certainly do. More to offer looks good to me.

Oh for goodness sake geeg...did you even take in the part of my post where I said I was EXCITED about the new product after thinking it through...that it was probably going to SUIT me BETTER than shellac in the grand scheme of things and that I understand how much of a big thing it was to create this product? Looks like you've just zoomed in on my "negative" points and blown them up..

I am a huge fan of CND and their products and I wouldn't go anywhere else or use any other brand, I am not for one minute saying CND have FAILED me with this new product...I merely said that I was disappointed at first that it was a new polish, and as for when I said it was a newly renovated product....see pic...that's what I meant..

Attachments

• cnd polish.jpg
    cnd polish.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,220
I am very excited. It really does sound too good to be true!

CND have given us a whole range of products to suit every client and every nail type. Vinylux is the final piece that has been missing. I have been waiting so long for this, and so pleased to now have some information.

It is going to be a game changer, and that is a little scary at first, but CND are not daft and they will have thought it through. I'm guessing I may loose some service clients who will prefer the convenience to do their nails at home - but they are going to have to buy their vinylux from somewhere (me!) and at the same time I can see a lot more avenues opening up for both existing clients and new clients.

I am very excited. It really does sound too good to be true!

CND have given us a whole range of products to suit every client and every nail type. Vinylux is the final piece that has been missing. I have been waiting so long for this, and so pleased to now have some information.

It is going to be a game changer, and that is a little scary at first, but CND are not daft and they will have thought it through. I'm guessing I may loose some service clients who will prefer the convenience to do their nails at home - but they are going to have to buy their vinylux from somewhere (me!) and at the same time I can see a lot more avenues opening up for both existing clients and new clients.

couldnt agree with you more! as geeg said lots of clients converted from enhancements to shellac and we gained more clients with shellac not less and i think the same will be with this polish....yes people may be able to paint their own nails but generally dont! they leave it to the professionals. also what about time being money in so many clients cases, if this is even quicker to apply than shellac then those clients are short on time can just have polish. what about those that have enhancements and want polish over too....for me the possibilities are literally endless as i said before. we have to be able to suit everyones tastes and lifestyles and of course their pocket and now we can. can you imagine an express manicure in your lunch hour that actually dries in ten minutes or less?? seriously geeks, all the negativity that i have read....i think you will be eating your words!! ye have little faith xx

Oh for goodness sake geeg...did you even take in the part of my post where I said I was EXCITED about the new product after thinking it through...that it was probably going to SUIT me BETTER than shellac in the grand scheme of things and that I understand how much of a big thing it was to create this product? Looks like you've just zoomed in on my "negative" points and blown them up..

I am a huge fan of CND and their products and I wouldn't go anywhere else or use any other brand, I am not for one minute saying CND have FAILED me with this new product...I merely said that I was disappointed at first that it was a new polish, and as for when I said it was a newly renovated product....see pic...that's what I meant..

I read all of your post and surprisingly took every bit of it in, including the very first sentence which is a completely inaccurate description of this very innovative product, which I have then gone on to highlight and why.

I have blown nothing up or out of proportion which you will see if you read and take in the points I made in my post (which was addressed to everyone which is why I said PEOPLE) instead of reading it as if it were a personal description of you and your loyalty to CND which, although very nice to hear, was never questioned and has nothing to do with this thread really. :D

Last edited:
couldnt agree with you more! as geeg said lots of clients converted from enhancements to shellac and we gained more clients with shellac not less and i think the same will be with this polish....yes people may be able to paint their own nails but generally dont! they leave it to the professionals. also what about time being money in so many clients cases, if this is even quicker to apply than shellac then those clients are short on time can just have polish. what about those that have enhancements and want polish over too....for me the possibilities are literally endless as i said before. we have to be able to suit everyones tastes and lifestyles and of course their pocket and now we can. can you imagine an express manicure in your lunch hour tthat actually dries in ten minutes or less?? seriously geeks, all the negativity that i have read....i think you will be eating your words!! ye have little faith xx

Less

It's always the same with new things. Some see the great possibilities and become early adopters and fans, and others are late adopters and have to have everyone else's proof before they end up doing what they perhaps should have done in the first place. People are people and not all react the same. It is all about trust really, in this case in CND.

Last edited:
But some clients won't want nor have the time to come back to us every single week to have Vinylux applied. Some clients will do it at home themselves especially if as Geeg says, it is easier and quicker to apply than "normal" polishes. They don't need any special equipment and supporting products like with Shellac. Why would they get in a car and drive to a weekly appointment which lasts 30 mins tops when they can do it themselves at home at their own convenience and zero cost other than what they have already paid for the bottle of polish. Yes, they will get a pristone and professional polish job from us which will be neater than their own application - but not all clients are that bad at applying polish.

We get a retail sale making say a few pounds....but we lose several appointments which make us far more profit.

Like I said in my other post, I can see many positives but we can't deny there is one negative here too. Based on what I've read so far...

ladies, can you imagine being retired and giving up majority of your time to help other professionals in an industry you love???.......thats exactly what gigi does day in day out and yet she gets criticised on here for how people are reading her posts.....take advice as it is meant and given PLEASE

NOW lets get back to the thread in hand....good day x

I would also imagine that Vinylux isn't going to give your nails as much of a coat of armour that Shellac does so I can't see myself losing too many clients that have Shellac and switching to this.

The clients that want to paint their own nails already do so, yes this means it will last longer so they will be happier to invest in one but at the end of the day most people still prefer a professional polish job and those of us using Vinylux will be taking a lot of that trade once word gets out.....mwahahahahaah

:)

Do we by any chance have a date for release? Or RETAIL Price?

Last edited:
I would also imagine that Vinylux isn't going to give your nails as much of a coat of armour that Shellac does so I can't see me losing too many clients that have Shellac and switching to this.

NOR ME

The clients that want to paint their own nails already do so, yes this means it will last longer so they will be happier to invest in one but at the end of the day most people still prefer a professional polish job and those of us using Vinylux will be taking a lot of that trade once word gets out.....mwahahahahaah EXACTLY

:)

Do we by any chance have a date for release? Or RETAIL Price?

Hallelujah!! You got it! Be excited.

Release day is Tuesday April 30th! ALONG WITH ALL INFORMATION for retailing. You are going to be very happy.

A good example of who this will suit is my newly semi-retired mum who, after 35 years as a nurse, couldn't wear polish. Well she now can albeit for 5-6 days between shifts maximum. Hello, Vinylux!!

She is gutted to be getting her Decadence Shellac off for going back to work this week after her holiday, so it'll be music to her ears to learn that this is available.

I'm opening a new salon myself and having a new launch to tie in just makes this so much more exciting :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But some clients won't want nor have the time to come back to us every single week to have Vinylux applied. Some clients will do it at home themselves especially if as Geeg says, it is easier and quicker to apply than "normal" polishes. They don't need any special equipment and supporting products like with Shellac. Why would they get in a car and drive to a weekly appointment which lasts 30 mins tops when they can do it themselves at home at their own convenience and zero cost other than what they have already paid for the bottle of polish. Yes, they will get a pristone and professional polish job from us which will be neater than their own application - but not all clients are that bad at applying polish.

We get a retail sale making say a few pounds....but we lose several appointments which make us far more profit.

Like I said in my other post, I can see many positives but we can't deny there is one negative here too. Based on what I've read so far...

There have always been - and will always be - girls who like to do their own nails. And there have always been clients who will come to us, who enjoy coming to us; not all of them come JUST to have their nails done, but to enjoy a little pampering and 'me' time. I can dry my hair myself, but I still go to my hairdresser regularly just for a wash and blow dry because I love being pampered. I pay her to do it because it gives me my 'me' time. Its a nice, inexpensive (so easy to justify) way to spend a few minutes with a cuppa and a chat.

Price pointed correctly you shouldn't lose any clients; those who want a weekly change can come in more regularly (for a quicker service) or can purchase a bottle to go over the top of their treatment. And if you do lose a few appointments, then you'll be able to fill them with clients who couldn't get in before.

And even if they do just want to use vinylux on themselves, they will have to purchase it first... and from whom? ;)

I'm crazy excited about the event - I certainly didn't purchase my ticket JUST to see a new product launched :o. We'll have an amazing opportunity to be be trained/talked to by many industry greats amongst other things.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note ll

To my surprise, there are enough people who don't want UV manicures or pedicures and still prefer regular varnish. This is the CND solution!
I think especially for pedi's where people want a more frequent change of colour throughout the sunny months it brilliant. It could also provide a solution for someone not wanting to or who is unable to pay for matching Shellac fingers and toes.

I get bored of colour on my nails so as much as I LOVE Shellac, for someone like me it would and will be a perfect solution. :)

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I saw the info in Nails Magazine with all the colors. They look awesome. I can't wait to try it because I hate wearing the same color/art for 2 weeks. My distributor said they release on April 22, here in the USA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

One word......

AMAZEBALLS :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

To my surprise, there are enough people who don't want UV manicures or pedicures and still prefer regular varnish. This is the CND solution!
I think especially for pedi's where people want a more frequent change of colour throughout the sunny months it brilliant. It could also provide a solution for someone not wanting to or who is unable to pay for matching Shellac fingers and toes.

I get bored of colour on my nails so as much as I LOVE Shellac, for someone like me it would and will be a perfect solution. :)

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

saskia, you just reminded me!(another reason on my already long list of reasons its great) when i bought into bio sculpture i loved the fact that they had matching polishes to all the gels and clients loved it too because as you say it was a cheaper option to getting fingers and toes to match. It meant that clients that would normally just have fingers or toes would then pay a bit more and have the other polished. Since bringing shellac in, although clients have loved it there have been a few that have stopped having toes to match as we couldnt match the colour xxx

saskia, you just reminded me!(another reason on my already long list of reasons its great) when i bought into bio sculpture i loved the fact that they had matching polishes to all the gels and clients loved it too because as you say it was a cheaper option to getting fingers and toes to match. It meant that clients that would normally just have fingers or toes would then pay a bit more and have the other polished. Since bringing shellac in, although clients have loved it there have been a few that have stopped having toes to match as we couldnt match the colour xxx

Exactly. Like this there's something for everyone, and that has to be a good thing right?!

And for retailing along side Shellac it will be great too. I have ladies who are just too careless with their hands and come to me looking slightly guilty when they've damaged their Shellac. They would buy it.

I imagine CCO keep a close eye on any new trademarks and patents that CND file and would quickly act to register their own mark - it's what they do after all! CND will be well aware of the activity of these types of copycat company. Just don't give them the time of day. I wouldn't give it a moments thought, not worth bothering with.

Latest posts

Back