CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question, I use gelish and love the strength it offers, I would use the structure gel underneath vinylux but would I finish the gelish application completely including top coat then buff slightly and add vinylux or do as it says for brisa lite on the industry source.

Thanks x

Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Gels?

A. Yes, create the Brisa Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Apply Brisa Gloss and cure. Remove the top film with 99% IPA and gently remove the shine with a Boomerang Buffer. Apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.

Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Lite Removable Gels?

A. Yes, create the Brisa Lite Removable Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Thoroughly dust the enhancement. Skip the Brisa Lite Removable Top Coat and apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.

I'm glad you have mentioned Gelish because I'm totally sold by Vinylux now but I don't want it to make my Gelish redundant to my clients. I still love Gelish!

Only thing to do is try it!! I don't think you would get a smooth feel like you would with CND Shellac :/ also you have maybe have to try it a few times to judge how long to leave the polish to dry before applying the glitter and I don't think you would be able to scrub it in like you would CND Shellac!

I'm at S2 tomorrow so I will give it a try and see what I come up with :)

Q. Can you mix Additives into VINYLUX or other “nail art” ingredients?
A. Yes.

I was told by an EA that you have to mix it IN to the polish prior to application but they are still playing around with it. I'm sure soon enough they will have some cool tips and tricks for us.

Anyone have an answer to my question?x

I don't think I will be able to work fast enough to get a good result with glitter. I did little Miss 10's nails yesterday and put a little pink pearl heart in the wet topcoat on each thumb (she's a terrible nail bitter so I told her every time she goes to bite them look at the pretty hearts to stop herself), by the time I got to the second thumb to put the heart on it was too dry to stick properly and I had to remove it and start again - it really starts to set THAT fast.
Oh the hearts are still stuck fast more than 24hrs after applying them - bear in mind there was no glue used and how rough and thoughtless kids are with their hands.

I'm glad you have mentioned Gelish because I'm totally sold by Vinylux now but I don't want it to make my Gelish redundant to my clients. I still love Gelish!

That is going to be entirely up to you and what you say to your clients.

So many silly nail technicians made their enhancement services redundant to their existing clients by doing nothing but hyping up UV colour to these clients instead of hyping it up to their new clients or only to those for whom it was appropriate.

Offer VINYLUX to the appropriate people and you won't shoot yourself in the foot again. VINYLUX is for those who want extended wear polish colour at home. It's for ALL of your natural nail manicure clients ... It's fast drying colour for enhancement clients, for those who want matching colour to Shellac for their toes, for those who like to change their polish colour frequently etc. ........ Be smart.

As I'm currently only doing my own nails and a few friends (to keep my hand in), I can't really afford to buy into anything new, I struggle saving to replenish stock. I do gel enhancements mostly but also do shellac.

However, I HAVE HAVE HAVE to have this :D
I've some money saved, and fortunately its my birthday on the 5th May so guess what I'm having for my birthday lolol. Might only be a few colours, depending on their price.

I'm so excited by the possibilities with this, I'm giddy :o

woop woop can't wait, excited much!!

Now this product has grabbed my attention. I used to love the colour spike. Which colour would be the closest?

Trying to read everyone's comments but can I ask what the ruff prices of these Vinylux polish will be?
If I may ask xxxxxxxx thank you

Trying to read everyone's comments but can I ask what the ruff prices of these Vinylux polish will be?
If I may ask xxxxxxxx thank you

We won't know the price until they are released to buy. We cannot discuss prices on here as its a public forum but its been hinted that they will be along the same price lines as the colour and effects polishes were x

I have to say that I have seen the prices here in the US and pricing is relatively the same. Yay! :)

I'm wearing Vinylux in Asphalt. I've had it on for 2 days now and it's not budging. I do have some wear on my right thumb and index finger due to not having plastic backed pads for removing polish. I had a small chip on my right index finger that only I could see, but now it's not there since using remover. My nails still look great! Vinylux will be my go to polish for myself since I get bored of color after 3-4 days.

We won't know the price until they are released to buy. We cannot discuss prices on here as its a public forum but its been hinted that they will be along the same price lines as the colour and effects polishes were x

Has it? Really? You haven't heard that from S2! :)

Can't wait for them to be released. I NEED bicycle yellow in my life!!

Has it? Really? You haven't heard that from S2! :)

well we have been told we won't need to adjust our polish service prices and there was this post from The Geek.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but there are so many posts on here I cant initially see the answers.

Can this be retailed to clients or salon only use?

How is this removed ?

It will be a great retail polish Oey and a great recommended retail price at £9.95

Especially as a lot of the Shellac colours are going to also be available in Vinylux.
Removes with acetone based polish remover.
Great for clients who only want polish over a weekend or short holiday and can't wear polish at work,,so they can remove it themselves.

well we have been told we won't need to adjust our polish service prices and there was this post from The Geek.

I'm at The Event, where Jan Arnold said this morning for Vinylux services we shouldn't be afraid to charge an extra 10-20% on top of our normal prices..

ok so i hate to be lazy and not read through the 70 odd pages of comments (believe me i started) but does anyone know if there is a starter kit available with all the colours included? if so, could someone private message me the cost of it so i can sort my finances out ready for the release day pretty please :D

It has only just been launched in the UK at 'The Event' today and will be available from S2 at midnight on the 1st of May and from what I hear the price is really good. X :)

Hi Dolly fingernail fixer has been posting on Facebook all day from the CND Event in Leeds, she has posted a pic of a starter kit. I am hoping we will get some information coming through on here over the next few day's 😄

Latest posts

Back