CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just removed Vinylux that had been on for 3 weeks! it was still in good condition and my client was delighted with it!

SOOO upset! Mine has just come smashed too and I don't know if it's just one that's smashed or more because it's everywhere :sad:

Ah no that's bad luck but S2 will of course send a new one, was it one bottle ?

S2 will indeed send a new bottle but actually that's not the point anymore. Sorry Sam and Samantha!
I know for a fact that many people have had issues with the quality of the packaging and the way the boxes are packed. And we all know that putting a fragile sticker on a box just means that the couriers think it's funny to play football with it!

S2 will indeed send a new bottle but actually that's not the point anymore. Sorry Sam and Samantha!
I know for a fact that many people have had issues with the quality of the packaging and the way the boxes are packed. And we all know that putting a fragile sticker on a box just means that the couriers think it's funny to play football with it!

Actually I just checked on my box and it doesn't say fragile anywhere! When the courier came I got a distinct chemical smell from the box and was thinking the worst! But I checked the box and no damage to outside and no seeping liquids so I said to him I hope it's not broken coz I can smell polish, but accepting delivery. Then sure enough opened and pink nail varnish everywhere in the little cardboard box in the intro pack. They did offer to replace the whole kit as I said I didn't want to have to spend all the messy effort of cleaning up my bottles, but I would have had to wait till they received it back and I hadn't got any time till late this afternoon to post it all back so just accepted replacements as it would be next week otherwise!

After fishing in the pool of polish, I worked out it was just one bottle where the top had almost snapped right off. The actual glass wasn't broke. But as if the top had been on too tight and just combusted in transit?!

She said on the phone they are sorting out another method. And was refreshing that I didn't have to send the broken one back. Bio Sculpture always made me do that even after sending pictures!

I had ordered an additional colour and interestingly that was in a bubble wrap bag and perfectly intact.

I got my vinylux new order this week and luckily the bottles were ok, but the packaging was squashed badly, the box it came in seemed alot thinner than before, there was also a tear, loads of peanuts tho. I've never had stuff arrive squished like this before from S2 does seem to me like the packaging is not as tough.

I haven't had any issue with smashed bottles yet, and have been ordering a lot of Vinylux. Got an order this morning though and each individual bottle was in its own little bubble wrap pocket - which I am sure is going to ease the problems some people have had with broken bottles x

I haven't had any issue with smashed bottles yet, and have been ordering a lot of Vinylux. Got an order this morning though and each individual bottle was in its own little bubble wrap pocket - which I am sure is going to ease the problems some people have had with broken bottles x

Yes my bottles came 2 to a little bubble wrap bag, think that's why they were safe if you saw the damaged box :)

Well my Vinylux arrived today- 2 colours fine, top coat fine, six bottles in card board box no divider- lilac longing smashed to pieces no bottle at all, polish all over the remaining 5 and 1 bottle chipped. Told if I didnt want to clean up the bottles with acetone I needed to send them back through the post... um isn't there restrictions on sending polish? Anyway good news chipped bottle of Gotcha being replaced and so is Lilac Longing without needing to return- tho nothing left of Lilac Longing to send back apart from the brush lmao!

Anyway moan over.... on to Vinylux....

I think I'm a bit in love! I bought the minis collection couple of weeks ago which are lovely and currently sporting Vinylux on one hand in one of my new shades- woweee the gloss is immense and the application a real dream. I have colour and effects which for some I find apply lovely, others go very gloopy and thick, but Vinylux wow... applies much more like the old Creative polishes and they were lovely to apply. Actually just admiring the shine on my nails just now. It looks like Shellac!

Will be looking to get some more in the future, hopefully once the delivery/packaging issues have been sorted.

I bought studio white and beau as I think those brides wanting a normal french polish manicure it will be a god send in Vinylux, if they don't want Shellac.

Impressed with Vinylux. :D

Indeed there are restrictions on sending varnish via Royal Mail now.
Strange about the inconsistencies in packaging; some people get their varnishes in bubble wrap, some loose, some in boxes. It's such a shame; we've come to expect so much more from S2. :(

Indeed there are restrictions on sending varnish via Royal Mail now.
Strange about the inconsistencies in packaging; some people get their varnishes in bubble wrap, some loose, some in boxes. It's such a shame; we've come to expect so much more from S2. :(

Thanks for the support guys ... If you think S2 are not doing everything they can then you would be dead wrong. S2 have thousands of orders to get out. Every box from CND cannot unfortunately be checked. In orders packed by S2 the bottles are being individually wrapped by hand. Complete boxes from CND are having to be sent so that the majority are getting their products on time. It is gradually getting sorted but there is a compromise between getting orders shipped out or arriving late.

If you only knew how many thousands of bottles have been sent out then you would realise the proportion of breakages is actually small ... However they understand the frustration and inconvenience some have experienced and they are doing everything within their power to cut down as rapidly as possible on breakages and heartfelt thanks to those of you who are being supportive of those efforts and bearing with it until all can be sorted satisfactorily.

Last edited:
I think what I've written has come across not quite right, Geeg!
You know how much I admire and respect what the Sams do, and how they do it. There have been several posts about how the quality of the packaging has deteriorated over the last few weeks and yet still, here we are, with a hot new product that everyone wants, and inferior boxes and smashed bottles.
I even sent Samantha a picture of a beat up box that arrived at my salon a week or so ago and she sent me a lovely message saying it was being dealt with. She's never been anything but totally honest with me, and I KNOW that this is the way she wants S2 to be with everyone. Yet still, even today, people are eagerly awaiting their deliveries only to find broken bottles. The Sams must be so disappointed and frustrated.
You know that we distribute. We spend a frightening amount of money on packaging materials. When we first started we used double walled boxes. After 2 spillages, which resulted in much wailing and gnashing of teeth, Alex insisted on triple walled boxes. So far, no problems. We send out oooooo probably 0.1% of what S2 do and I shudder to think how much you guys spend on packaging and postage.
We DO support you, you know this! Have a look at my account to see how much I've spent with S2 over the years. I'm not being unkind, or unfair, I promise.

Lynne - we know this don't fret and everything you have said is on par and honest.

Our frustration is the Vinylux boxes... the old CND polish boxes used to have 'fixed' dividers and now it's a more flimsy piece of cardboard. I have copied and pasted the last page of comments again for our Square House Manager also to Linda and Becki... financially it makes way more sense for us to get this right... I know that the again the final page will help Paul and Square House team to sort this out.

Huge apologies for all who have experienced the extreme PitA that IS... a polish bottle breaking over everything. Lynne appreciation and THANKS x:Kissing:

Absolutely gutted! I had the Vinylux wall rack deal, & had the two racks up on my wall in my beauty room (one one top of the other) & the top one wasn't on properly & fell down, smashed polishes that went everywhere! The rack is broken, just rang S2 to try & but a single wall rack & they don't sell them on their own & don't know if they will get them in! Gutted! I only had my room painted on Monday then this happened yesterday! :(

Oh no..that's awful Emma.. :(

I'm sure that S2 will replace it, even if they have to split a different launch offer!

Well after reding this thread I carefully cradled my delivery of V down the salon... And it was fine :) no broken bottles not a scratch :)

Thanks Shannon x
I don't think so Lynne :( they said the racks come as a pair from the US & can't be sold singly x

I think a little PM to Samantha would have that dealt with pretty swiftly!

Quick question geeks.. We have brought in vinylux to trial but didn't realise it has to be removed with shellac remover or acetone. Is the shellac remover acrylic friendly of would I need to buff them?
Ps not doing shellac training until July. Currently using Gellux and either buff off of acrylics or remove with acetone from natural nail. Many thNks in advance! ☺

Quick question geeks.. We have brought in vinylux to trial but didn't realise it has to be removed with shellac remover or acetone. Is the shellac remover acrylic friendly of would I need to buff them?
Ps not doing shellac training until July. Currently using Gellux and either buff off of acrylics or remove with acetone from natural nail. Many thNks in advance! ☺

Hey Rock n Roll... It doesn't 'have' to be removed with CND nourishing remover but it does come off beautifully and fast with it. There is a chance that if you use non-acetone remover it could stain the nail plate... It may not but it could... It will of course remove it but remember what could happen. Any other non acetone remover will work! Over an enhancement be quick... Removal time of polish should NOT effect the enhancement. Do not buff the natural nails. We are constantly saying this. There is no need to with CND products! Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back