CND Geeks! Something special is coming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodness!! From sharing a bit of excitement on FB we have a full blown discussion on here! That is actually amazing and just shows how passionate this industry really is! :)

I shared it because the launch is very close and I just wanted nail people to know that we have something else that will take our industry another huge step forward. So, something to look forward to.

My reason for commenting that I hope it s embraced is because I know what a breed of 'doubting Thomases' this industry seems to breed. It's good to question, in fact very healthy, but sometimes it seems to be wrong for distributors or manufacturers to make a profit from sales. I don't think there will be any room for this type of complaint in this instance! ;)

I am not involved in marketing this nor selling it. I don't have any financial connection to the manufacturer/inventor nor distributor. But I WILL be supporting it and introducing it to a new project of mine (launching in Jan) because I totally believe in it!

It isn't coming from CND. It is to do with nails (that's what 'I do') and it is a true breakthrough for us nail techs. It is something every nail tech (it's pro only) needs to provide a vastly improved service to every client! It's factual science is faultless!! That's where I come from and the 'science bit' is fabulous!!!!

So, as Geeg has said, no more info! It will be launched in late Jan early Feb I believe. I just want to 'politely suggest' every nail tech watches out for it; parks their inherent doubts in any new technology; makes a point of understanding what it will genuinely achieve because if you do you will have a lot of very happy clients!! (unless they are the 'discount salon' client and then you will never win them over!!!:eek:)

I sort of wish I'd said nothing!!! But we all like something to look forward to and, for me and nails, this is it!!! (I think I'm more looking forward to my daughter coming home for Christmas but, hey, she'll go back and I'll still have this!!)

Goodness!! From sharing a bit of excitement on FB we have a full blown discussion on here! That is actually amazing and just shows how passionate this industry really is! :)

I shared it because the launch is very close and I just wanted nail people to know that we have something else that will take our industry another huge step forward. So, something to look forward to.

My reason for commenting that I hope it s embraced is because I know what a breed of 'doubting Thomases' this industry seems to breed. It's good to question, in fact very healthy, but sometimes it seems to be wrong for distributors or manufacturers to make a profit from sales. I don't think there will be any room for this type of complaint in this instance! ;)

I am not involved in marketing this nor selling it. I don't have any financial connection to the manufacturer/inventor nor distributor. But I WILL be supporting it and introducing it to a new project of mine (launching in Jan) because I totally believe in it!

It isn't coming from CND. It is to do with nails (that's what 'I do') and it is a true breakthrough for us nail techs. It is something every nail tech (it's pro only) needs to provide a vastly improved service to every client! It's factual science is faultless!! That's where I come from and the 'science bit' is fabulous!!!!

So, as Geeg has said, no more info! It will be launched in late Jan early Feb I believe. I just want to 'politely suggest' every nail tech watches out for it; parks their inherent doubts in any new technology; makes a point of understanding what it will genuinely achieve because if you do you will have a lot of very happy clients!! (unless they are the 'discount salon' client and then you will never win them over!!!:eek:)

I sort of wish I'd said nothing!!! But we all like something to look forward to and, for me and nails, this is it!!! (I think I'm more looking forward to my daughter coming home for Christmas but, hey, she'll go back and I'll still have this!!)

Thanks for coming back and posting this reply Marian - I'm sorry - i did jump the gun a bit when i created this thread thinking it was a CND product but as you said, us in the nail industry are a passioniate bunch..:hug: xx

i cannot wait to see what's in store for us Nail Pros.. just wish i had a time machine.. and a gag so i wouldn't spill the beans when i came back xx

Don't be sorry Curvygirl! I wish it was my 'launch' to make but it isn't! (damn it!!!)

Maybe I should have had a gag but I am truly so excited about it I had to share!

It's a new product line.....

Firstly the product Marian is excited about is NOT from CND and she never said it was.

Secondly .. if a manufacturer wishes to have a global launch date for a new product then we as ethical people have to respect that date and not disclose anything we know about it. I find it strange, not to say negative, that anyone's reaction would be irritation rather than anticipation. ;)

Strange as it may be to you, it's still my opinion. Being irritated doesn't mean I'm not excited. But putting it out there to cause a stir with no other information is a bit pointless.

Global launch date is fine, and as ethical people that we are we do respect that as we have no choice anyway, but again the whole 'I know something you don't know but will want to know' etc is strange to me.

It's not open to debate, it's just my opinion as is everyone's on this thread.

I'm thinking a new Famous Names product x :lol:

But we all like something to look forward to and, for me and nails, this is it!!! (I think I'm more looking forward to my daughter coming home for Christmas but, hey, she'll go back and I'll still have this!!)

Ahh this made me chuckle :)

My idea bank is empty so I shall enjoy reading the other ideas coming in and look forward to new releases in 2014 :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll not be seeing my daughter for Christmas. But on the plus side, that'll give me more money to spend in Jan/Feb ;)

I hope it wont be anything too far out of my price range. Better start putting my Christmas money aside.

Hope you have a lovely time with your daughter in this festive season!

Strange as it may be to you, it's still my opinion. Being irritated doesn't mean I'm not excited. But putting it out there to cause a stir with no other information is a bit pointless.

Global launch date is fine, and as ethical people that we are we do respect that as we have no choice anyway, but again the whole 'I know something you don't know but will want to know' etc is strange to me.

I don't know what the launch will be. It may be small. If you keep your eyes shut you may miss it! I'm not a distributor trying to create a marketing ploy! I'm an independent nail tech who happens to be lucky enough to know about something great. I also believe in 'sharing'.

Take it or leave it really. Have you never shared a bit of excitement with friends (a party, a present, an engagement, a baby) but don't want to spoil that persons announcement?? It's not my announcement. I won't spoil it for them. I must be 'strange'!

I'll not be seeing my daughter for Christmas. But on the plus side, that'll give me more money to spend in Jan/Feb ;)

I hope it wont be anything too far out of my price range. Better start putting my Christmas money aside.

Hope you have a lovely time with your daughter in this festive season!

My oldest daughter won't be home for Christmas , so we are going to make her sit through the Christmas dinner on Skype ( she's in australia and will probably be falling asleep whilst we are having the trifle)lol......

People are talking about it, getting excited - and they don't even have a clue what it is, bar something for nails.

That might not be what we, as potential and eternally impatient end users want... but it's fab news for whoever is launching! Free publicity!

I can't wait :D

I don't know what the launch will be. It may be small. If you keep your eyes shut you may miss it! I'm not a distributor trying to create a marketing ploy! I'm an independent nail tech who happens to be lucky enough to know about something great. I also believe in 'sharing'.

Take it or leave it really. Have you never shared a bit of excitement with friends (a party, a present, an engagement, a baby) but don't want to spoil that persons announcement?? It's not my announcement. I won't spoil it for them. I must be 'strange'!

Lol we are all strange in our own little way Mum, but never the less it's exciting to hear there is something new on the horizon, I look forward to hearing what it is. :D

Without personally picking out people's posts as mine has been over an over. I think initially some things have been misinterpreted which is the joy of a typing forum.

Whilst I appreciate some aspects of this thread there are others that I personally don't agree with. But I don't feel that I should just agree to agree with the majority so as to fit in. Which is clearly why my post is repeatedly quoted, as it stands out and doesn't follow suit.

However for clarification.... I am excited there is a new product, I do find it irritating that it's only being shared half hearted, and yes I have had the situation of surprises in personal circumstances where you cannot blab. The comment referring to strange in that instance is out of context and clearly sarcasm which is rude given this is a professional forum.

But it's being dragged out now and stretched out of its original point. I haven't demanded to know what this new product is, simply gave my opinion in a throw away comment before it was explained further.

Regardless, I'm happy for everyone who is excited about the new upcoming product. I hope it's as great as is now expected and send this message in the lightest tone so as people can move forward and only comment with genuine interest regarding the original post, not how this has been directed.

Good day

From Marian's comments it sounds like it's a controversial nail product which will initially attract some resistance??...

i'm intrigued....:eek:

It's a new product line.....

From looking at Marian's facebook status it looks like Jim Nordstrom is involved. A new 'Famous Name' product perhaps?

God the suspense is KILLING ME!!

aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! *runs round the lounge/kitchen with arms flailing and wailing like a demented loon*

Oh my!! I havnt been on salon geek in a while seen this post being shared on fb and i think am about to have kittens with excitement... The count down is on :) love a new product that you can trust will be of great standards

love a new product that you can trust will be of great standards

if S2 are involved in its distribution I couldn't imagine it being anything but :)

Last edited:
From looking at Marian's facebook status it looks like Jim Nordstrom is involved. A new 'Famous Name' product perhaps?

aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! *runs round the lounge/kitchen with arms flailing and wailing like a demented loon*

Like my post said earlier that's what I think!

Oh yes, it's Jim & Linda Nordstorm's product line (they even had to move into larger warehouse space which offers additional square footage for the expected growth in 2014)
Very exciting, I would guess S2 will be the UK distributors for this line, although the launch is going global! X

Oh yes, it's Jim & Linda Nordstorm's product line (they even had to move into larger warehouse space which offers additional square footage for the expected growth in 2014)
Very exciting, I would guess S2 will be the UK distributors for this line, although the launch is going global! X

bl@@dy hell Emma! you actually know what it is, don't you?!! xx

Latest posts

Back