CND gel conversion course - model problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
I'm having a problem finding a model for my conversion course at s2 on wednesday. All my potential models are either away on hols or can't get time off work. S2 have told me i can't swap dates and that a model is definitely needed.
I have a friend that has offered to model but she is a terrible nail biter!! Does anyone think i will be able to manage the course if i take her with me??

Thanx x

I'm having a problem finding a model for my conversion course at s2 on wednesday. All my potential models are either away on hols or can't get time off work. S2 have told me i can't swap dates and that a model is definitely needed.
I have a friend that has offered to model but she is a terrible nail biter!! Does anyone think i will be able to manage the course if i take her with me??

Thanx x

She will be fine...your model doesn't have to have perfect nails. When I did my conversion. I only worked on 4 nails.

At the end of the day, she is offering to be your model, you have no one else...so take the offer :)

She will be fine...your model doesn't have to have perfect nails. When I did my conversion. I only worked on 4 nails.

At the end of the day, she is offering to be your model, you have no one else...so take the offer :)
I really appreciate my friends offer of help and i love her to bits, i was just concerned that there won't be much nail for me to work on and learn the correct application technique x

I really appreciate my friends offer of help and i love her to bits, i was just concerned that there won't be much nail for me to work on and learn the correct application technique x

I would see this as a positive - you have a shocking nail biter and one of our most experienced nail educators in the same room - an educator who is going to teach you how to deal with one of our most problematic clients - ones many of us dread because of lack of experience.

win win win

I would see this as a positive - you have a shocking nail biter and one of our most experienced nail educators in the same room - an educator who is going to teach you how to deal with one of our most problematic clients - ones many of us dread because of lack of experience.

win win win
Wow, I never thought of it that way but you're absolutely right, thanks for that i feel more positive now :) xx

Well i've been on my Gel conversion course and it was fantastic!! Unas escarlata you were spot on when you said it was an opportunity to get expert advice on how to deal with badly bitten nails. Kelly Winterburn took the class and she was brilliant, she demonstrated on my model and the result was amazing. I learnt so much in this class and now feel (with practice) that i can produce a great set of gels on any nails!! Thanks Kelly :)

Well i've been on my Gel conversion course and it was fantastic!! Unas escarlata you were spot on when you said it was an opportunity to get expert advice on how to deal with badly bitten nails. Kelly Winterburn took the class and she was brilliant, she demonstrated on my model and the result was amazing. I learnt so much in this class and now feel (with practice) that i can produce a great set of gels on any nails!! Thanks Kelly :)
I've uploaded a picture in an album on my profile page of the nails before and after my course if anyone cares to have a peek.
I know they aren't perfect but i feel totally confident that with a bit of practice i can produce a great set of Brisa enhancements on any nails :)

Saw your before and after nails the look great! In school I brought my mom who was a nail biter and as was my sister. It was a great experiance learing how to properly deal with a problem like that!

Thank you annemarie for your lovely comments about my nail pic. In answer to your question, they are tips, i couldn't sculpt as the forms wouldn't fit because there was no free edge and the end of the finger was too bulbous. Kelly showed me how to tailor the tips and file them to fit :)

Thank you so much for the lovely comments left on my nail pic, they are much appreciated :)

Your before and after shot is amazing! Make sure you use that when advertising. I bet your friend was well chuffed. You did a brilliant job!

Thank you annemarie for your lovely comments about my nail pic. In answer to your question, they are tips, i couldn't sculpt as the forms wouldn't fit because there was no free edge and the end of the finger was too bulbous. Kelly showed me how to tailor the tips and file them to fit :)

Your welcome. And you should be proud you did a fantastic job of your clients nails.:biggrin:

Told you so :)

Glad it was good

x

Told you so :)

Glad it was good

x
Ha, yes you told me so and i'm glad you did :) I'm so grateful that she offered to go with me now because i really feel i can tackle any nails with confidence.
Thanks to you and everyone else who has posted such lovely comments on my nail pic, i really appreciate it :) xx

Ha, yes you told me so and i'm glad you did :) I'm so grateful that she offered to go with me now because i really feel i can tackle any nails with confidence.
Thanks to you and everyone else who has posted such lovely comments on my nail pic, i really appreciate it :) xx

you are very lucky to have had the opportunity and well done. x

Latest posts

Back