CND Gelbond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie0304

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone else hv trouble with CND Gelbond. I bought this as I saw the rave reviews and just can't seem to get it to work.
I applied pressure on tips as suggested in other posts. Where am I going wrong!!
Procedure for nail enhancements is
Cuticle work
Remove shine
Scrub fresh
Dehydrate nail
Apply tip
Tip is the correct size not too small as this can cause lifting.
Gone back to using Dashing Diva adhesive.
I'm at a loss. Thx for any advice. Tempted to return to S2!!

It had been so long since I used my last tube that the whole thing had gone hard and cured in the packaging.

I just bought a new tube and had similar problems myself when I tried to use it on my own nails - I held it for an additional 30 seconds after the initial 10 and it still looked like it wanted to pop off.

So it will be interesting to see what everyone else says.

Its utter rubbish now, it used to be awesome, brilliant adhesion, great for biters and ridged nails, in the last 2 years or so I think the formula changed and no matter what you do it will not stick. It was out of stock at S2 for a long time too which I took to mean either supply or production problems.

That said, I cant find a decent adhesive replacement either, tried NSI, Salon Services, and CJP and not impressed with any of them.

Last edited:
Hi. Does anyone else hv trouble with CND Gelbond. I bought this as I saw the rave reviews and just can't seem to get it to work.
I applied pressure on tips as suggested in other posts. Where am I going wrong!!
Cuticle work
Remove shine
Scrub fresh
Dehydrate nail
Apply tip

Hi Cherie :)

You are having problems with it sticking because you are using scrubfresh before applying the tip :) The adhesive requires some moisture to be present and will not adhere correctly if the nail has be dehydrated :)

You should remove surface shine, dust off nail , apply and blend tip, then using a plastic backed pad scrubfresh nails making sure you don't touch the tip or it will discolour it :)

Its utter rubbish now, it used to be awesome, brilliant adhesion, great for biters and ridged nails, in the last 2 years or so I think the formula changed and no matter what you do it will not stick. It was out of stock at S2 for a long time too which I took to mean either supply or production problems.

That said, I cant find a decent adhesive replacement either, tried NSI, Salon Services, and CJP and not impressed with any of them.

I use ASP from Sallys, often known as a bit of a budget brand but I find the glue fab!!

You are having problems with it sticking because you are using scrubfresh before applying the tip :) The adhesive requires some moisture to be present and will not adhere correctly if the nail has be dehydrated :)

You should remove surface shine, dust off nail , apply and blend tip, then using a plastic backed pad scrubfresh nails making sure you don't touch the tip or it will discolour it :)

D
Cuticle work
Remove shine
Scrub fresh
Dehydrate nail
Apply tip

I use ASP from Sallys, often known as a bit of a budget brand but I find the glue fab!!

Hi. Thx for that!! So many different points of view whether to dehydrate or not !! Will try again. Fingers crossed!

I use Dashing Diva adhesive. It's great but seeing all the great reviews for Gelbond thought I'd try that too. Going with the no dehydration next time and see how that goes. Bit nervous but it's so expensive I don't want to just throw it.

Latest posts

Back