CND GelBond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie0304

Reaction score
HI. I hv a client who has flat ridged nails and has trouble keeping her nail enhancements on for more than 7 days. I’ve decided to buy some Gelbond again although I really didn’t get on with this before but know it’s perfect for these type of nails. Would someone mind confirming prep for me please to make sure I’ve remembered it properly and if you hv a similar client what adhesive do you use. Thx.

S2 don't sell GelBond any more, they stopped stocking it a few years back if I remember rightly, I was gutted, it was the best adhesive for ridged nails. Sadly I've never found a suitable replacement, there are plenty of normal adhesives but nothing that performed like GelBond. That said my last 2 tubes didn't seem that great, I had trouble getting it to set (despite having used for for over 10 years) whether there was a change to the formula I don't know, and maybe that's why they stopped stocking it.

I don't know if it's available in the States or elsewhere, I've only ever purchased CND from S2

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1511967660.202725.jpg

Gel Bond needs some of the nails natural moisture to set correctly so make sure that you are scrubfreshing AFTER tip application (obviously avoiding the tip to stop it cracking and turning white)

S2 don't sell GelBond any more, they stopped stocking it a few years back if I remember rightly, I was gutted, it was the best adhesive for ridged nails. Sadly I've never found a suitable replacement, there are plenty of normal adhesives but nothing that performed like GelBond. That said my last 2 tubes didn't seem that great, I had trouble getting it to set (despite having used for for over 10 years) whether there was a change to the formula I don't know, and maybe that's why they stopped stocking it.

I don't know if it's available in the States or elsewhere, I've only ever purchased CND from S2
Thanks. I bought from a Ellison’s. That’s exactly the trouble I had. Just wouldn’t set.
Oddly enough this post rang a bell with me, you asked about GelBond back in January

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/cnd-gelbond.310798/
Yes. I returned it because justxwouldnt set but hv decided to give it another shot!

Gel Bond needs some of the nails natural moisture to set correctly so make sure that you are scrubfreshing AFTER tip application (obviously avoiding the tip to stop it cracking and turning white)
Thx. I’ll give it a go!!

Latest posts

Back