CND | Get Addicted to Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
When CND announce the launch of new products, it's a day for celebration. Today is no different. 'Additives' offers a new way to bring creativity and colour to nail clients. It's eye-opening in it's innovation and frankly, pretty damn exciting.

Additives is a collection of twelve cosmetic-grade, pure pigments and lustrous effects. They can be blended into any CND sculpting powder or gel and can be layered over CND Shellac offering you the ultimate artistic freedom meaning that your clients can get the most bespoke and unique look they can think up.

The collection is, as most things CND are, chic, sophisticated and runway-inspired. With Additives CND have armed you with the ability to redefine nail art with the customisable pigments and effects in versatile and dramatic colours and couture effects for anything from a subtle glow to a spectacular sparkle.

"Additives gives Nail Professionals endless choices to artistically dazzle their clients - both figuratively and literally," says Jan Arnold, CND Co-Founder.

Additives is, quite simply, fashion's hottest addiction. Go on...overdose!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-21 at 11.34.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-05-21 at 11.34.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 50,799
One word.... When?

Ok... I love CND products. Let's be clear on that. I love Shellac.

BUT.... I feel that CND is making claims to innovation that aren't their's to make.
I'm POSITIVE that if we go through archived threads, we will find old debates/discussions regarding the addition of pigments to Gel/L&P etc has been done by Techs for years.
Added to that, we were told by Educators etc that we were compromising the products by doing so.
I remember this distinctly as I was one of the techs hollered at for it.

YES pigments are awesome. I don't dispute that. I do think it's great that CND is adding them to the product menu for those that don't know where to find them.

BUT the inferrence that CND is the one that thought up this great idea... honestly gets on my nerves. ESPECIALLY as I can name SEVERAL companies that have already been offering pigments alongside their products for several years now.

There, I said it.
I would have preferred had CND said something along the lines of "yes, our technicians/fans have been doing this for years and we've responded to their needs by making pigments readily available" or some such.
THAT would have been the HONEST thing to do.

PS: when all the hype was on, before they were released, I expected something DIFFERENT and NEW. It was a major letdown to learn it was no different from what I had been doing already.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was a new thing that CND have brought out. Techs have been doing this for years and a lot on here use the mica powders and pigments already. I think CND are quite behind if this is the "new" thing.

Love CND and most importantly shellac but this doesn't really excite me. Sure others will disagree x

I'm new so this does excite me, can't wait to try them out...just hoping we can have a play with them on the course I'm about to do. Loving the video clip, can't wait to try these designs and a few of my own :Love: xx

Latest posts

Back