CND L&P and painful nails-what's wrong with me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Am I the only weirdo or what?

Every single time I wear acrylic nails I experience extreme pain of my nails for the first couple of days!

I had them done once by CND educator and did them few times myself and the pain is so bad that it wakes me up at night! It's as if I have them squashed or something.

I very gently buff the nails prior to application, never used drill, my nails are in a good'ish state. Even if I put Brisa Lite underneath acrylic nails (seriously I'm trying to win this battle;)) the pain is there!

Any ideas?

Xxx

Am I the only weirdo or what?

Every single time I wear acrylic nails I experience extreme pain of my nails for the first couple of days!

I had them done once by CND educator and did them few times myself and the pain is so bad that it wakes me up at night! It's as if I have them squashed or something.

I very gently buff the nails prior to application, never used drill, my nails are in a good'ish state. Even if I put Brisa Lite underneath acrylic nails (seriously I'm trying to win this battle;)) the pain is there!

Any ideas?

Xxx

Im sorry I have no advice here but felt this pain when I fitst got acrylic nails! For about a week i couldnt even pull my zipper up, and I worked in a busy shoe shop at the time- nightmare! I would also be interested to see what caused this x

Hi, If the mix ratio is too wet then this can cause it to feel uncomfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought that it might be mix ratio but I had the same reaction to the nails done by CND educator...hmmm....

I too have experienced this when on a 121 with a CND educator. I just assumed that being as L&P shrinks and has a chemical reaction it was just a minor sensitivity in my nail plate. I took a couple of paracetemol and it was gone within 24 hours. And L&P takes 24 hours to fully cure.
Xxxx

Maybe a reaction to the product? Is it just CND this happens with or any acrylic? X

It really does sound like shrinking as the product cures - some can take up to 72 hours to fully cure. I sometimes have clients with this issue - only with a full set though - their fills never seem to do this.

Urm I don't think pain is a normal reaction that should be dismissed. If the obvious cause of thin nail plates, mix ratio etc can be ruled out then an allergy is likely- which will get worse you ought to stop if you suspect that could be the case. Or at least until you figure it out?

Not sure if it just means we are both weirdos lol but I always have lots of pain with acrylic nails and don't get them done anymore. They become so sensitive I can't do anything with them... I've had them done many different places and its always the same...

Hmmm I've only had cnd done- I don't trust the local salons. I saw too many badly done nails.

I'd love to wear acrylics just because they are so easy to do myself. I struggle with doing gel on my fingers. I do it but they never last nicely.

Not sure if it just means we are both weirdos lol but I always have lots of pain with acrylic nails and don't get them done anymore. They become so sensitive I can't do anything with them... I've had them done many different places and its always the same...

I think we are a bit weird tho!

The oversensitivity is scary! So wat have you got normally on your nails? X

Hmmm I've only had cnd done- I don't trust the local salons. I saw too many badly done nails.

I'd love to wear acrylics just because they are so easy to do myself. I struggle with doing gel on my fingers. I do it but they never last nicely.

Perhaps you could sample some different ones yourself? Although I believe retention is the least likely to cause allergies. I would hazard a guess that you have developed an allergy, and that you may have to forgo acrylic nails and take caution with other products containing same components.

I think we are a bit weird tho!

The oversensitivity is scary! So wat have you got normally on your nails? X

I'm a nurse so most of the time can't have anything at all on my nails :( if I do it's usually opi polish or shellac. Before I started nursing I used to get acrylics a lot even with the sensitivity, I asked about it when getting my nails done a few times and they said it was common!

I've also had this problem when wearing acrylics... I always put it down to having flat nails (very little c curve) and the tips are very curved, so they kind of pull at the nail - if that makes sense. I could be wrong, but to me that's what it felt like?? I've had acrylics in many different places and also done them myself and finally just gave up as they were always so uncomfortable!!

I'm definitely not allergic to retention +.
It only happens on new nails or sets never infills.
I've had both tips and sculpts and it is the same.
I still put it down to shrinkage.
Xxxx

Sounds like its just exothermic reaction?

I had a lady say to me that she's been told acrylic nails hurt to wear if they have been done properly.
I said they shouldn't hurt

Latest posts

Back