CND L&P coming off-confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Junkie

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
I'm kicking myself at this one as I don't know what's wrong! I have 2 clients (mother and daughter) who have always had gel enhancements and as I don't offer Gel they booked in for L&P. They have always said they get on better with gel but as an addict of L&P I was convinced I could convert them!
In the 7yrs as a nail technician I have never come across this so totally baffled but within days they were coming off! The enhancements were breaking from the bottom therefore not getting pranged or bashed. Within a week they are clean off with not one trace of acrylic to be seen!
Obviously I have replaced free of charge and it's happened again! I have throughly prepped the nail plate and applied correctly. They just believe they don't get on with Acrylic only Gel.
I just don't understand when Gel is another form of Acrylic so can't reason with that complaint. Luckily these clients are friends therefore believe in my standards and quality of work.
Do any of you fellow nail techs know what I may be doing wrong? Is this due to much oil secreting from the nail plate naturally? None of my other clients have a problem but i thought with them being mother and daughter it could maybe be related?
I need answers - its driving me mad!
Thank you in advance :)

Anything to do with their aftercare? Are they exposing their nails to chemicals that may not have previously affected their gel enhancements?

I have recently had l&p on my nails and it felt so awful that I kept picking and faffing with them...my natural nails are so hard and with l&p there was no flexibility at all, I only had to catch them and they would crack!! I now have gel on and it feels so natural. It could be something as simple as their nail type and nothing to do with the standard of your work at all. I have come to appreciate that certain nail coverings aren't for everyone xx

Anything to do with their aftercare? Are they exposing their nails to chemicals that may not have previously affected their gel enhancements?

Some cleaning chemicals may have affected the mum as she owns a tea room however said she wears gloves. Both have been given aftercare and SolarOil mini each. It's bizarre!

I have recently had l&p on my nails and it felt so awful that I kept picking and faffing with them...my natural nails are so hard and with l&p there was no flexibility at all, I only had to catch them and they would crack!! I now have gel on and it feels so natural. It could be something as simple as their nail type and nothing to do with the standard of your work at all. I have come to appreciate that certain nail coverings aren't for everyone xx

Yeah possibly, they do say the same as you with regards to flexibility. I suppose I struggle to understand with L&P always working for me but may need to invest in some Gel. I trained in both so would just be a refresher course. Thanks

I've only just trained in l&p and gel, but they did say that gel is good for hard nails and l&p is great for weaker more flexible nails...but for me l&p felt horrible...they didn't feel like my nails at all. Hope you get it sorted xx

I've only just trained in l&p and gel, but they did say that gel is good for hard nails and l&p is great for weaker more flexible nails...but for me l&p felt horrible...they didn't feel like my nails at all. Hope you get it sorted xx

Thanks Rebecca, you must be right xx

Hi fellow geeks,
I'm kicking myself at this one as I don't know what's wrong! I have 2 clients (mother and daughter) who have always had gel enhancements and as I don't offer Gel they booked in for L&P. They have always said they get on better with gel but as an addict of L&P I was convinced I could convert them!
In the 7yrs as a nail technician I have never come across this so totally baffled but within days they were coming off! The enhancements were breaking from the bottom therefore not getting pranged or bashed. Within a week they are clean off with not one trace of acrylic to be seen!
Obviously I have replaced free of charge and it's happened again! I have throughly prepped the nail plate and applied correctly. They just believe they don't get on with Acrylic only Gel.
I just don't understand when Gel is another form of Acrylic so can't reason with that complaint. Luckily these clients are friends therefore believe in my standards and quality of work.
Do any of you fellow nail techs know what I may be doing wrong? Is this due to much oil secreting from the nail plate naturally? None of my other clients have a problem but i thought with them being mother and daughter it could maybe be related?
I need answers - its driving me mad!
Thank you in advance :)

The answer is that not all products perform equally on all people.

The fact that both gel and L&P are from the acrylic family does not make them equal ... Chemically they are quite different as can be seen by all the differences between them in performance, flexibility, how they cure, how they look.

The answer is that not all products perform equally on all people.

The fact that both gel and L&P are from the acrylic family does not make them equal ... Chemically they are quite different as can be seen by all the differences between them in performance, flexibility, how they cure, how they look.

Thanks Geeg, I may invest in Brisa and look at the conversion course so I can start to offer both. That way I can have a refresher on their qualities and differences.

Thanks again - Leanne x

Latest posts

Back