CND L&P course. Salon ready straight away?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

Ive had a girl working for me for the past 3 years offering beauty services. She really wants to learn how to apply acrylic nails and if im honest i could probably do with another nail tech as its only me and one other member of my staff that are trained and we are crazy busy.

She has done an nail tech level 2 course before (2010) at a local college. Was a 6 week course. Said she came away from the course very unconfident, practiced for a while but she was awful (her words not mine).

I remember doing the same course at college and not producing decent nails for at least a year!

I have heard a lot of good things about CND l&p course and also read that the after the course you will be "salon ready" so i wanted to ask those that have done it the following questions...

If i pay for her to go on this course, what sort of standard can i expect her to be at?

I know everybodys different but how long is she likely going to need to practice before i can allow her to work on full paying clients?

Has anybody else trained in nail tech at a local college ans its not worked out but did the cnd course some time after and are now confident in producing quality nails?

Thank you for taking the time to read & thank you in advance for any replies :)

I went immediately to CND for training, never bothered with college when I started out. From reading on here over the years I honestly believe the CND training is far superior to the college training. She will have a much better foundation of her knowledge after the CND course, but how 'salon ready' she'll be afterwards is anyone's guess.

She's not starting from scratch, she has some skills so she'll be refining and tweaking those which can only be a good thing.

Probably best if you get her to do a new set on someone now, you're doing the job, you'll know from her work if a bit more training will help or if she's going to need more time to gain her confidence. I don't believe anyone comes out of any training ready to hit the ground running, so she's going to need a phase in period of reduced price sets, etc.

Acrylic nails are much harder to do than most folk think. If she has the basic knowledge, then she will pick it up a bit quicker .....but there really isn't a shortcut to perfecting nail extensions. It's all about practice, practice, practice. So make sure she's committed to putting in literally hours of homework on models (or on a hand-trainer) after the course.
Cnd is absolutely the best education you can buy.

Latest posts

Back