CND Lace Up/Corset nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you need the split in the middle? I can imagine you would get caught in everything with it. I have done a suggestion, very very easy to do : http://www.salongeek.com/members/no...ne-suggestion-thread-about-wedding-nails.html

Maybe that helps? Please don't mind the ribbon, I didn't have anything else (and the nail is horrible too, but made it quickly as a suggestion)

LOVE these. Did you use gel or acrylic? How did you drill the holes? I have a wedding at the weekend. I would love to try this on one nail.

I used l&p this time, you can use both. The holes are drilled with a naildrill, one of those you use for nailpiercings (I have seen them several places)...

Do you need the split in the middle? I can imagine you would get caught in everything with it. I have done a suggestion, very very easy to do : http://www.salongeek.com/members/no...ne-suggestion-thread-about-wedding-nails.html

Maybe that helps? Please don't mind the ribbon, I didn't have anything else (and the nail is horrible too, but made it quickly as a suggestion)

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble! And it's a beautiful nail! But we really would prefer to have the split in it. But the idea is that the split is filled in with clear so it APPEARS there's a split, but there isn't. That's the part where I'm having a problem with seepage between the form and the tip. Not a huge deal, it can be e-filed away, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Yep, that's the photo! Too bad it's not real clear. But now that I see it, I think it may have just been a temp nail, just a tip with no overlay at all. I'm looking for something a bit more durable, so I'm going to try and overlay it all. I'll try and remember to let you guys know how it goes, maybe post a pic when I'm done. Thanks for all the help!

I'll see if i can get a clearer pic in the morning (it was really sunny and loads of reflection on the glass) glad i kept the pic for all these years, clients always comment on it!

Hiya

I had an idea and i think it might help.

I took a CLEAR tip and then put the white on as usual (nice smile line etc. ) but not to the end of the tip.

I then did two rectangles from the white Ive just done up either side of the tip so that you have a gap in the middle which will give you the impression of having a split. I kept pressing the white and then wiping the middle so that the middle stayed clear.

I then capped it in clear and the middle fills up so its all the same level. No seepage cos the tip is clear :)

I would then use the nail drill and whatever ribbon you have to do the rest :)

Hope that helps. Its hard to explain

sorry for buttin in half way trough the night. idnt read all your posts here so sorry if im repeating.. why not dot up either side of nail paint ribbons whatever colour needed then do a baby ribbon tru holes at the bottom n tye

my quick fix wud be purchase a tiny ribbon from store for bottom, or look tru old lace pants bras etc (tiny enough) :)
good luck xx

Hiya

I had an idea and i think it might help.

I took a CLEAR tip and then put the white on as usual (nice smile line etc. ) but not to the end of the tip.

I then did two rectangles from the white Ive just done up either side of the tip so that you have a gap in the middle which will give you the impression of having a split. I kept pressing the white and then wiping the middle so that the middle stayed clear.

I then capped it in clear and the middle fills up so its all the same level. No seepage cos the tip is clear :)

I would then use the nail drill and whatever ribbon you have to do the rest :)

Hope that helps. Its hard to explain

That's what I would do too, if the split was needed.

Glad I could be of any help :hug:

I heard back form Tom Bachik today (bless him for taking the time) Hereis his reply.

Tom Bachik 11 August at 22:25
Hey Gig,
Nice to hear from you - Hope all is well and going peachy :)
Sorry for the delayed response- Hope I'm not too late
I did originally (design the corset nail) ... but not for the pic- -the nails in the pic were actually created by Sheryl McCally
I believe the tip is a velocity and yes the work is pre-done-
For the shoot I'm pretty sure there is no product over the tip... just on the plate up to and slightly over the smile line area -filed and buffed then laced :)

For more durability she could overlay with L&P or gel then clean up with an electric file, smooth and finish with a top gel for shine then lace up with whatever :)

Hope this helps.

For the shoot I'm pretty sure there is no product over the tip... just on the plate up to and slightly over the smile line area -filed and buffed then laced :)

When I saw the photo again, I thought as much. I'm just gonna wing it and hope for the best! lol

Thank you Geeg and Tom Bachik for taking the time to help me :)

I love getting "behind the scenes" thoughts on these great photos. This one is one of my all-time favorite CND shots. (and I LOVE the model's makeup!).

So I just wanted to do an update on this thread to let everyone know I did the set of corset nails today. They were a lot harder than I imagined and took a lot longer than expected, but I'm reasonably happy with the result. They aren't perfect, but the bride was thrilled!

I used white performance tips, cut the v's, put forms under, overlayed and finished the nail, drilled the holes (which was the hardest part!) and laced them up with raffia. I used an under the nail drill bit for the holes, but it wasn't small enough, so I only got two holes in on each side. And the drill bit kept getting stuck in the nail! It was a bit of a nightmare, but ended up turning out ok I think.

Here's photos for anyone interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/buttpaste/Salon Stuff/Nails/IMG_2271.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/buttpaste/Salon Stuff/Nails/IMG_2274.jpg

You did great, I can se why she was happy!

Thanks for sharing:hug:

You did great job, really!!

Why was drilling holes so difficult? Have you used drill for nails? I have bought a drill in normal tool shop, but I haven't used it for ages, so I do not remeber how it did work. But I do not remember big difficulties.

I am going buy white tips a try it ;) thanks for inspiration

Last edited:
Sooooo on my to do list :) I make corsets so having themed nails would be fab :)

Yur bride's nails look amazing I can see why she was so happy with them x

Jess, those nails are beautiful. IF I ever get married, again, I'm coming to see you! :hug:

But, don't look for me anytime soon...LOL!

Thanks everyone. :) They were a labor of love lol

You did great job, really!!

Why was drilling holes so difficult? Have you used drill for nails? I have bought a drill in normal tool shop, but I haven't used it for ages, so I do not remeber how it did work. But I do not remember big difficulties.

I am going buy white tips a try it ;) thanks for inspiration

The drill bit I used was an under the nail cleaner, so was a little too big. And if I let it go completely through the tip too fast, it would get stuck..and even putting the drill in reverse wouldn't get it out! It was very hard to pull out. So I'd try really hard to drill the hole completely through without letting it get stuck, but it got stuck a lot lol. And the holes were a little too big for my taste. But overall, it was an ok experience. And I'll know what to change if I ever do them again!

Latest posts

Back