CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000whiterose000

Reaction score
Ok don't kill me.
Please.

What is everyone doing in the meantime while waiting for the new stock to arrive?

SS told me today it might be a couple of weeks, but I was told that nearly 2 months ago.

Sorry, just feeling hopeless and frustrated as what if they don't turn up for another month or more? I've cancelled so many clients, this is ruining my career. I just want to know so I can act (If it's gonna be another month i might have to either buy the NSI lamp which seems to be the closest match and best quality or buy one of ebay - i DON'T want to do this but feeling like there's no other alternative !!)

:-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Please don't shoot me but there are supposed CND lamps listed on ebay. I say "supposed" as it states they are genuine but I'm no expert. The fact they've sold 110 of them in the last few weeks though speaks volumes.

Try pm'ing mrs geek or the geek to see if there is any updated info maybe?

Last update I saw they were expecting the lamps to land in the US at the end of January and they would be air freighted to the UK shortly after (they have to do something to them first though, can't remember how mr geek explained it?) I

I would have expected an update confirming when the shipment arrived in the US which I don't think we have heard....then theres all the customs isses as well, these things can get massively held up and it's totally out of S2s hands.

Maybe share your location on here and you may get lucky and find a geek with a spare lamp who can give you a loan.

It's an incredibly tough position to be in. All we have been taught about using cnd shellac and using the correct lamp. Personally I would diversify to another brand of gel polish but that is not really possible if you're just starting out.... I wonder if Megamix + Vinylux could be a cheaper solution?

if you buy a lamp on ebay you have no warranty so if it turns out to be another faulty one you're stuffed. and that's assuming it's even a geniune CND lamp!

Personally I'd buy any 36w uv lamp to use in the mean time, yes CND tell you other lamps don't cure shellac yet loads of nail techs use other lamps with no problems what so ever

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, hopefully you'll only have a few weeks wait, alternatively switch systems to a gel polish

Thank you so much for your advice. I was worried I'd get told off for bringing up the lamps again.

You're right about the ebay lamps - never thought about that - they could be from a faulty batch too!

Ive used a spare Rio lamp i have, but after a week and a half the client got chips. I don't want to ruin my reputation :(

I'm in Edinburgh if anyone has a spare they could loan me I would be forever grateful xx

I too have had the same problem and I am not willing to cancel all my clients for the last 4weeks and risk losing them! I have borrowed a friends normal uv lamp in the mean time, explained too all my clients. They've all been more than happy and not a single problem with their shellac!
X

Tbh when I first started using Shellac, I used a generic 36 watt lamp from eBay it was about £16 and had no problems I was getting 2 weeks wear easily. It's a short term fix. I now had the CND lamp xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone near me who is having problems can gladly borrow my CND Brisa lamp while awaiting new stock. It's old, but works perfectly well.

When we were at college we used just a normal UV lamp with shellac and my mums nails lasted 5 weeks with it!! Obviously CND only want you to use their brand which is why they say it wont cure etc. is it gonna kill you to order a cheap one off ebay for a wee while? Do it so you still get clients 😊

And for anyone thinking Im a traiter, I do actually use the CND uv lamp lol!

When we were at college we used just a normal UV lamp with shellac and my mums nails lasted 5 weeks with it!! Obviously CND only want you to use their brand which is why they say it wont cure etc. is it gonna kill you to order a cheap one off ebay for a wee while? Do it so you still get clients 😊

And for anyone thinking Im a traiter, I do actually use the CND uv lamp lol!

I worried last night because one of my lamps wouldn't switch on, after several attempts it finally worked, but i was stressing quietly to myself in front of my client :o

If i was in the position you guys are in I'd buy a generic lamp in a heart beat. Theres no way i'd send clients away I'd have to find an alternative.

I haven't been on here for a while but I'm amazed the lamp shortage is still going on, wasn't there a Vinylux shortage last year too?

I'd buy another manufacturers lamp, you don't really have much choice. You simply can't turn away business, these are potentially repeat customers. I'm not sure I'd just buy the cheapest generic lamp though, I think I'd probably go for a well known manufacturers lamp and hope for the best. :/ xx

Hi ladies, I too don't want to start anything against cnd, but iv been without my lamp for a few weeks now too. :( after talking to them at s2 several times and expressing how bad this is effecting my business, on one of my phone calls I was asked if I had another type of lamp to use?! When I said.. No, because I thought it wouldn't cure and I didn't want to provide my clients with a service that wouldn't last, that that would be my reputation as a therapist and cnds reputation for shellac not lasting..? I was told I could try it and just tell clients I was using a different lamp!.. Ok so what am I looking for in a lamp to ensure its the best type? I was told it's just a 36watt uv lamp!
Make of that what you like??? I haven't got another lamp yet to try, but I took it that it would be fine, why would I have been recommended to TRY it, if they are so definate that any other lamp will not cure?!? Alot of other therapists use non cnd lamps and get on just fine, I think we should concentrate on saving our businesses and look for another professional lamp in the mean time. I want to clarify I was not told another lamp would be ok, but was told to try one! Hope that info helps all those in the same position as myself without a lamp! X

Thank you all for your advice. Definitely helped me make a decision.

I think the problem is that nails used with other lamps seem to look cured but are not 100%. I think it could cause peeling / chipping or if repeated often could cause an allergic reaction. This scares me!

I was in love with Shellac but to be honest I am dissapointed with the many faults the lamp has, the restrictions CND seem to have and this massive stock problem.

I have ordered a different 36w lamp and I'll see how I get on with it. Can't turn people away for months, this has damaged my career enough.

Mine has just gone. AGAIN! This is my 3rd lamp or 4th lamp now. 3 have all had the same issue.

To say I'm furious is an absolute understatement, it was in the middle of a pamper party, I had to finish of with normal polish manicures instead of Shellac. Unhappy customers = unhappy nail tech.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Omg to be honest I don't think I'll buy the lamp when it's back in stock!! Way too unreliable xx

I have a generic 36w lamp I bought hen I first started out to practice with. I then bought the cnd one in November and I'm just hoping it keeps going and isn't from the faulty batch but I'm not holding out much hope. Anyway, I still have generic lamp and set them both going at the same time but the generic switched off before the cnd one so don't trust the timer on them.

I have a generic 36w lamp I bought hen I first started out to practice with. I then bought the cnd one in November and I'm just hoping it keeps going and isn't from the faulty batch but I'm not holding out much hope. Anyway, I still have generic lamp and set them both going at the same time but the generic switched off before the cnd one so don't trust the timer on them.

I got my CND one in December also, fingers crossed it's ok x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Okay people let's just take a minuet and think about this.
CND want you to use their light because they want you to buy their light, however they have not invented uv light. They are using the same technology as everyone else.

There is not a cnd factory that only makes cnd lamps and cnd bulbs exclusively for cnd.

All uv lights work by emitting a 365 nm (nano meter) wave length that is what is used to cure (irradiated) all uv gels so provided your lamp emits 365 nm wavelengths it will cure your cnd shellac.

A generic 36 watt lamp off ebay with 4 365 nm bulbs in it can only give you the same amount of radiation as a cnd lamp !

I have bought lamps off ebay and they are not fantastic but for £20 they are what they are a great back up and I would rather have one of them than. Be left with no lamp at all!!!!

Just remember CND did not invent uv...... And are not using any special kind of uv..... Other than that that is readily available on the market today from several other sources. It is just clever marketing and education that has got you to. Thinking that only their lamps will work with their product. I understand for best results you want to use an entire system as a whole, ( I have no problem with that ) but when they fail to be able to provide you with that entire system, you have to start to look elsewhere, and I think you will find that when you do any 36w tunnel lamp will work :)

Buy a generic lamp. Cnd can't know for sure it won't cure 100% because they wouldn't have tested them ! If it's losing business or using another lamp then you have to use another lamp !

I'm sure their lamp/stock issues will re resolved soon x

Latest posts

Back