CND lamps, which one to get?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La_Diz

Reaction score
Not sure which CND lamp to get..... the original UV, the older LED lamp or the new 2019 LED lamp???
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have been using Shellac but not the CND lamp so now I am ready to start building a Client base I want to get the correct lamp.

I'm just wondering if I should go for the original UV lamp or one of the LED lamps? There is quite a price difference, the older LED lamp is more expensive on sweet squared so a little puzzled as which is best!?

Also have just seen that Lecenté do polish and their own lamp...... has anybody used these?
Other option I was looking at was TGB but unsure as it seems anyone can buy from them which seems odd.

So many questions.......‍♀

Thanks

I believe the original UV is discontinued, and there have been posts on here about techs struggling to find replacement lamps (which need changing every 100 hours)

Original LED has issues, finger placement can be tricky, cables not staying clipped in, and difficulty getting feet in to cure toes.

I haven't seen the new lamp in person but I believe the above issues have been addressed so I would go with the new LED.

The Lacente gel polish is fairly new (available for less than 6 months I believe) so relatively untested by many on here so far. Lacente glitters are very popular so they carry that good reputation.

Given the two choices I'd go eith CND Shellac at this point, but I always say 'do your own research'

I believe the original UV is discontinued, and there have been posts on here about techs struggling to find replacement lamps (which need changing every 100 hours)

Original LED has issues, finger placement can be tricky, cables not staying clipped in, and difficulty getting feet in to cure toes.

I haven't seen the new lamp in person but I believe the above issues have been addressed so I would go with the new LED.

The Lacente gel polish is fairly new (available for less than 6 months I believe) so relatively untested by many on here so far. Lacente glitters are very popular so they carry that good reputation.

Given the two choices I'd go eith CND Shellac at this point, but I always say 'do your own research'
Thank you! I have been using the Lecenté glitters and foils so may order some polish to try!

I have the older cnd led lamp and the newer one. I also have the lecente create gel polish and their light.

1. You can safely cure create gel polish on no. 3 in the cnd led lamps (so handy if you just want to try a few)

2. The newer cnd led lamp and the lecente lamp have removable bottoms which is very helpful for pedicures

3. Shellac removal - soak for 10-15 mins. Create removal - buff off top coat and soak rest for 20 mins

4. Both ranges are HEMA free

5. Both will work with glitter, foils etc

6. Create top coat is strong and non porous so better for some lifestyles and holiday activities

I have the older cnd led lamp and the newer one. I also have the lecente create gel polish and their light.

1. You can safely cure create gel polish on no. 3 in the cnd led lamps (so handy if you just want to try a few)

2. The newer cnd led lamp and the lecente lamp have removable bottoms which is very helpful for pedicures

3. Shellac removal - soak for 10-15 mins. Create removal - buff off top coat and soak rest for 20 mins

4. Both ranges are HEMA free

5. Both will work with glitter, foils etc

6. Create top coat is strong and non porous so better for some lifestyles and holiday activities
Excellent! Thanks so much, that is great that it can be used on the Lecenté polish too!

Latest posts

Back