CND LED lamp – have you had problems with it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had any technical problems with the new CND lamp?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbara1505

Reaction score
At the time the new CND LED Lamp came on the market I had already bought some new UV lamps for my CND UV lamp and therefore I didn`t orderd the lamp. In the last months I read a lot of opinions about the CND LED lamp here in this forum. Some people have problems, some people not. It is very difficult for to make an decision – to buy or not to buy. This is a call for everyone who works with the lamp resp. had worked with the lamp. Please say only “yes” or “no”, you needn`t tell your experiences, there are a lot of threads about it. I want to make a big compilation/survey of your opinions and would be happy if everyone here in this forum who has experiences with the lamp, gives his short statement: yes (a voice for the lamp, have no problems), no (a voice against the lamp, have/had problems)., Thank you so much for taking part!

If you want yes or no, I believe there's a poll feature you can use. Should be an option when you're creating/editing your post

Please reply to the poll as requested. Thank you.

Not exactly a 1 word answer but I have only ever had one problem since buying in May, I have a client who has problems with straightening her fingers so they weren't placed correctly in the lamp. Luckily I have my uv lamp still for this client xx

Yes I would recommend but I always cure the top coat for 2 mins!!!

Yes I'd recommend.

Odd differences to the finished feel of Shellac but no faults.. Still lasting as it was before.

At the time the new CND LED Lamp came on the market I had already bought some new UV lamps for my CND UV lamp and therefore I didn`t orderd the lamp. In the last months I read a lot of opinions about the CND LED lamp here in this forum. Some people have problems, some people not. It is very difficult for to make an decision – to buy or not to buy. This is a call for everyone who works with the lamp resp. had worked with the lamp. Please say only “yes” or “no”, you needn`t tell your experiences, there are a lot of threads about it. I want to make a big compilation/survey of your opinions and would be happy if everyone here in this forum who has experiences with the lamp, gives his short statement: yes (a voice for the lamp, have no problems), no (a voice against the lamp, have/had problems)., Thank you so much for taking part!

May I just say Barbara that as the UK distributor I actually have numbers on what has been replaced. It is very low. There are always teething problems with machines... Doesn't matter what they are, but a good distributor with replace. That's is what we do... Any faulty ones are credited to us from CND. The lamp itself works brilliantly with the CND Shellac and Brisa system as does the old UV... But that will be discontinued... HTH's.

I know we were only meant to vote. But I felt what I have to say is important. I had problems with my lamp from the off. So much so I nearly stopped using it (hot spots, not curing properly). A week ago it stopped working entirely whilst I working. S2 were fabulous. They could not apologise more. I received a new lamp within 24 hours, which I used for the first time today, and it is perfect. I think I was one of the teething troubles. Fingers crossed with this one but so far I am very happy.

Ummm..... Your survey question and how you've explained the question in your comment box above is the opposite!!!

Ummm..... Your survey question and how you've explained the question in your comment box above is the opposite!!!

You are right, it is a little bit confusing - but I started the thread with another headline. The staff was so nice and made a poll, but also changed the title.

Last edited:
Push.....because.tomorrow the poll is ending.

It seems that only a fraction of geeks have/had the lamp. 497 views but only 11 votes.

I have had no problems [emoji2]

I have had one that stopped working on the 2nd day. Another that does not work for the base coat timer after less than 2 months and one that is still working normal. I also have trouble getting some of my clients to get their fingers positioned correctly. It is great for speeding up the time it takes to do my own nails and my more experienced clients but a real pain with some others.

I have had one that stopped working on the 2nd day. Another that does not work for the base coat timer after less than 2 months and one that is still working normal. I also have trouble getting some of my clients to get their fingers positioned correctly. It is great for speeding up the time it takes to do my own nails and my more experienced clients but a real pain with some others.

I haven't had a problem with the lamp. However, the plug and connection wire are really flimsy. Also way too short.

Mmmm my electic cable does not stay in lamp underneath and goes off when I move it it came with 2yrs warantee so planning ro take it back , have also had a lot more clients saying there manicure isnt lasting as long :(

I have noticed a few of my clients having trouble finding the right spots for their fingers. I have to help them each time and hold their hands still. Annoying!

Only problem I have is with base on toes not curing properly. I tend to give base on toes 60s now. Also the odd client with finger placement where there thumbs don't cure properly and I need to put it in again

Latest posts

Back