CND LED lamp won’t work, new lamp or new wire?

blossom

My CND led lap which I bought about 18 months ago has stopped working, the wire which fits underneath has needed jiggling pretty much from the word go, and I can always adjust it so it makes contact and works.

However yesterday I could not.

My question is, has anyone else had this and did you try replacing the wire before you replaced the whole lamp? As the lamp isn’t that old i feel like it will probably work and it’s just the wire.

Noodle

Staff member
My CND led lap which I bought about 18 months ago has stopped working, the wire which fits underneath has needed jiggling pretty much from the word go, and I can always adjust it so it makes contact and works.

However yesterday I could not.

My question is, has anyone else had this and did you try replacing the wire before you replaced the whole lamp? As the lamp isn’t that old i feel like it will probably work and it’s just the wire.
Gosh 18 months isn’t long at all is it, but I’m guessing the lamp is now out of warranty :(

AC adaptors though are fairly cheap, so I’d definitely give that a try first before you consider investing in a new lamp.

Maplins (before they went into administration) used to sell them, so any decent technical outlet should have them.

Nailcrafter

I've had the same problem and so did a coworker. The electrical wire isn't good quality. You can find a replacement on Amazon, that's what we both did. She contacted CND and they sent her a brand new light (without her having a currently active warranty or receipt) but is using the new cord. Good luck to you :)

blossom

Thank you I bought a new lead from S2 for £15 and it’s been working fine ever since!