CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you can't post prices on here but any ideas of how much money I need to be saving up?

Whats the CND rainbow collection? I cant wait for this lamp & top coat! :)

Looks like CND isn't the only one coming out with a new lamp.

I know you can't post prices on here but any ideas of how much money I need to be saving up?

I'm also wondering how much to save up :)

So does this mean I *can* use any LED lamp to cure CND Shellac?
[Sarcasm Mode Off]

A very exciting announcement, particularly with the new top coat - removal in 5 bloomin minutes! Actually wish I still offered Shellac to try it out. I'm sure if you have a ticket to The Event 4.0 you are even more excited now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea on the cost of this new LED lamp? And does this mean any LED lamp with the new top and base coat would work hmmmm?

Any idea on the cost of this new LED lamp? And does this mean any LED lamp with the new top and base coat would work hmmmm?

According to CND, Nope!! Surprise surprise. Here's what they say about the lamp:

"The only LED lamp designed to completely and evenly cure
CND™ SHELLAC™ brand 14+ day nail color and BRISA™ Gel"

You cannot use just any LED (or UV lamp) to cure just any light cured products. That is just not how light cured technology works.

It is really no different than intermixing liquid and powders. Sure you CAN intermix systems, but the chances of you getting a CORRECT cure is negligible. FWIW, I wish that wasn't the case. However once you understand the science of how light cured products work, it makes no sense NOT to use the lamps manufacturers formulate to. It then means that you can focus less on issues and more on dependable, predictable performance.

As far as price, I think you will all be pleasantly surprised... details will be coming soon :)

Roll on the Event!

Sent from my SM-G850F using SalonGeek mobile app

If this is what is being launched at the event why has it been announced now? If we will be surprised at the price why would we pay 270 a ticket if this is what it's for? I thought the whole idea of the event is the surprise element of it all?xx

There could well be a lot more surprises in store. But the ticket for Event isn't just about what you get given ... It's about the education, the networking, and the CPD!

Where is The Event and when please?

I remember it being fab last year and wouldn't mind going myself.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Will the lamp cure hard gel quicker then in uv one ? 😄

Where is The Event and when please?

I remember it being fab last year and wouldn't mind going myself.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

26/27 April, ICC Birmingham, more info and tickets via Sweet Squared.

I see the new LED lamp will cure Shellac and Brisa gel......so I am assuming it will also cure Brisa Lite Gel?

Beas literally just about to buy biosculptures newer led lamp for my bio.. Would this lamp cure BioSculpture? I would probably rather get 2 of these If it does because then I know I've always got a spare shellac lamp!

Just thinking about the why use the cnd lamp argument. If a nail product used blue light to cure it would you use another lamp that produced a different colour of blue light? They are both blue so shouldn't be a problem surely? Move along the colour spectrum and what if that lamp was producing a blue-green light? Products cure based on the wavelength of the light ... Not the colour. UV lights can be a huge variety of wavelengths and colours. Just as a blue bulb can be a huge variety of colours and wavelengths.

Now to those complaining it's a 60second and not 30second cure why is that a problem? Can you really do an amazing flawless paint in 30seconds? And even if you say you can wouldn't it be great to just be able to take a few extra seconds to make sure it is perfect.

Also, CND Shellac is a premium industry leading product. One of the things that comes with premium products is space and time, people like to feel they get value for money and aren't being rushed out the door. You should be charging a decent price for your CND Shellac service, and that should be reflected in the customer experience.

Also, look at it from a marketing perspective. If you bake a cake and want it done quicker you turn the over up, it may bake it quicker but the result isn't as good. It isn't as evenly baked, it could be burnt on the top or around the edges. Allowing something to bake / cure around the slowly and properly gives a better result and longer lasting finish.

Over a complete treatment the extra 30seconds per step is the equivalent of three minutes per service. If you think you are loosing money by doing this then, like people who say double dipping with waxing costs them too much, I would suggest you look at how much you are charging. Put the price up by a pound or two.

Beas literally just about to buy biosculptures newer led lamp for my bio.. Would this lamp cure BioSculpture? I would probably rather get 2 of these If it does because then I know I've always got a spare shellac lamp!
No idea if it would cure BioSculpture just like I have no idea if their lamps would cure Shellac. Cure is also subjective, what you really want is a complete and correct cure. You should only use the light source that they recommend if you want to assure a complete and correct cure.

As Matt mentioned, light is emitted in wavelengths. Manufacturers tune their products to cure under specific UV wavelengths. Traditional UV lamps produce a fairly wide range of UV wavelengths compared to the UV light produced from LED lights. So if anything, LED is even more specific when it comes to complete, correct cure than traditional lamps.

I see the new LED lamp will cure Shellac and Brisa gel......so I am assuming it will also cure Brisa Lite Gel?
Yes, the lamp has been tuned to produce the UV light needed for all CND light cured products.

Latest posts

Back