CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im undecided about buying this lamp or the old uv cnd one. There is so many bad reviews.

Thank you pure.. that's been really helpful I will most defiantly look him up [emoji106]

I have 6 girls using the lamps constantly and we are not loving the results!
We are having so many repairs coming back which we have never had before and all on the thumbs.
I am also finding my Gel isn't curing as well and feels softer than it did with the old lamp.
The speed is great but not if its not doing the job!

I've done both fingers and toes in the new CND LED lamp and not encountered any problems as yet. Could it be possible (I really don't have a clue just putting it out there) that the clients hands/feet are going to far in the lamp ? Xx

I have 6 girls using the lamps constantly and we are not loving the results!
We are having so many repairs coming back which we have never had before and all on the thumbs.
If it's always the thumbs then it's obviously a placement issue. Get your girls to double check the hand positions a make sure that light is hitting the entire thumb nail.

I've got to admit that I've lost confidence in the new LED lamp, thought it was my imagination at first but I've had a lot of clients saying their shellac peeled of in one piece, I know placement of the hand is important so I've been checking with every lady, anyone else having doubts?

I have just now contacted Ellisons, will let you know reply when they get back to me. Maybe everyone that is having problems should contact their supplier to see if we can get sorted out.

Just had another client in saying " my nails are just not lasting lately" can't ignore what my clients are saying so back to using my original CND lamp.

Is anyone still having problems with their lamp? I bought the LED lamp a couple of weeks ago and whilst I haven't had any complaints from clients yet, I have some concerns.

I had the base coat wrinkle on me as I was applying the colour coat. So I guess that wasn't cured. I checked clients finger placement and all was ok. I also find it really tacky (more than usual) at end of treatment.

I am now curing each later twice, to be sure and it then feels like it should. However, this is defeating the whole point of having a faster lamp. Infact, it's more awkward as I'm having to remember to press the button twice for each layer.

I also don't understand, if fingers need to be positioned so precisely, what about toes?!

I am spending way too much time worrying about positioning of clients hands/feet. With the uv lamp, they would pop their hands feet in and off we go. I'm wasting too much time checking placement now.

Just wondering are other lamps so specific with finger placement? If not, why is CND's?

Last edited:
I don't understand what was the point of such a 'targeted' cure? I thought it had already been established that the UV doesn't affect the skin/cause cancer etc so what is the purpose? I feel like it's a bit of a gimmick. It seems to have just made it more difficult to get a perfect cure each and every time and pretty much impossible for feet [emoji53]

I gave up in the end & sent my LED lamp back, using my UV lamp again no problems & less stress.

Ladies my only advice to new LED users from UV would be to think thin application then go thinner. If layers are too thick, even if u think they're thin, they will peel or lift because they're not cured properly.
I had massive problems using Bio Sculpture when I changed from uv to LED, after almost 18months of sheer frustration I've cracked it with the help of a lovely Bio Trainer from Australia.
Thin Thin Thin. Good luck.

Is anyone still having problems with their lamp? I bought the LED lamp a couple of weeks ago and whilst I haven't had any complaints from clients yet, I have some concerns.

I had the base coat wrinkle on me as I was applying the colour coat. So I guess that wasn't cured. I checked clients finger placement and all was ok. I also find it really tacky (more than usual) at end of treatment.

I am now curing each later twice, to be sure and it then feels like it should. However, this is defeating the whole point of having a faster lamp. Infact, it's more awkward as I'm having to remember to press the button twice for each layer.

I also don't understand, if fingers need to be positioned so precisely, what about toes?!

I am spending way too much time worrying about positioning of clients hands/feet. With the uv lamp, they would pop their hands feet in and off we go. I'm wasting too much time checking placement now.

Just wondering are other lamps so specific with finger placement? If not, why is CND's?
If you're getting wrinkling or undercuring, especially with the base coat, then you're applying it too thickly. Remember its thin to win :)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. I will give it a go thinner. :)

Thank you ladies. I will give it a go thinner. :)

Shellac will wrinkle any any lamp if it's applied too thickly, the reason it wrinkles is because the light cannot pass through the colour fully which it needs to do to properly cure, the colours most likely to wrinkle are really dark opaque colours such as fedora, blackpool and also cream puff because the white reflects the light.. The way to get it thin is apply the colour as normal then with your brush scrape it off clean in your bottle and then brush through over the nail and scrape off excess then scrape it back in your bottle.. You'll find with any other colour that isn't very dark or white you can get away with it been thicker without it wrinkling because the colour isn't as intense, but you should still get it into your head to work thinly as best practice and then when it comes to the darks its second nature to do that and you don't even think about it, and in the long run it saves wasting excess polish, which is always plus - this is why it's so important to learn the science behind our products and how they work so we as professionals can identify and rectify problems :)

Has anyone since having problems with the led lamp had problems returning the lamp? I have had the same issues with nails not being fully cured, peeling off in one piece or chipping and lifting within hours. I know fingers are being placed in the correct position and I know I am doing evey step correctly therefore it had to be the lamp. since returning the lamp Sweet squared have tested the lamp and say it is not faulty and are refusing to refund or replace it!! I have a substandard product that I cannot use, and have lost so much money. Customer service has been horrendous with them! Does anyone have any advice on what I could do now.
Many thanks jess

I have a problem with the lamp turning off during treatment. I returned it and was advised that it didn't do it when tested that day. It does intermittently turn off. I have no confidence in the new lamp at all. Would I risk being mid treatment and suddenly no lamp to cure, no.

Hi, I also having problems with the new lamp.... Not my luck with lamps..
Noticed at the end the nails feel tacky????
Not completely finnished??
Even after wiping with the alcohol (yes using the correct liquid unless their is a new one we should of brought??)
And it's tacky??? Course after awhile of drying it's ok but still feels not set?
Had to do a few layers of top coat. And still the same.. Then did a layer of clear polish to stop the tack???
Thats not right. Aby advice?
And well will see if it lasts the two weeks..

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask how you've got on with the lamp since posting this? Or how you resolved the issue? I have the same problems and the company are refusing to accept any fault.

I have the Shellac LED lamp and noticed my shellac wasn't lasting either. I noticed when trying to stamp on base coat, it was not cured, so, since, instead of using 10 second pulsating curing, I go for the one minute cure and since then my nails last as long as they did before! Hope this helps!

I have the Shellac LED lamp and noticed my shellac wasn't lasting either. I noticed when trying to stamp on base coat, it was not cured, so, since, instead of using 10 second pulsating curing, I go for the one minute cure and since then my nails last as long as they did before! Hope this helps!

Thank you - I'll definitely give it a try!! It always seems under cured so a longer cure on the base coat could be the answer.

as otherwise I'm left with very unhappy clients and a lamp sweet squared refuse to replace! You think building trusting relationships would be more important to provide the best quality service for shellac is more important than a refusal to help at all when there are obvious problems with this lamp, it's good to know im not the only one with the issue (as they have tried telling me this).

Latest posts

Back