CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New I have the Shellac LED lamp and noticed my shellac wasn't lasting either. I noticed when trying to stamp on base coat, it was not cured, so, since, instead of using 10 second pulsating curing, I go for the one minute cure and since then my nails last as long as they did before! Hope this helps!
It won't work well to stamp directly onto the base coat in any case. If you want a clear effect under the stamp apply one coat of clearly pink, cure then stamp.

Have things improved for you folks? Dropped my uv lamp last week and damaged the connection so it's a little temperamental. So, I guess I need to consider a new one. Not sure which lamp to purchase.

It won't work well to stamp directly onto the base coat in any case. If you want a clear effect under the stamp apply one coat of clearly pink, cure then stamp.

Do you not have any advice on why nails are simply not curing under some LED lamps? I've done shellac on a few of my nails just a now, and simply peeled them off easier than normal polish would. Nails are pep'd, scrub fresh used, fingers in correct placement etc...yet still no luck

Wow am I glad I decided not to buy it ! I almost did and then changed my mind..
I wonder why everyone is having so many issues with :(

I've been waiting to see if cnd was going to sort out the problems and slightly re-design the new led lamp so I'm not willing to buy it until problems are sorted. All I hear is bad reviews so surely there should be a recall on these lamps. I'm sticking to my uv lamp for now bit I really want to buy a new one x

Why should there be a recall?? Never had any problems with my lamp n a few others i know have not had problems!! For the handful of complaints on here there is prob hundreds who are quite happy with theirs

I haven't had any curing issues and find it lasts very well.
I did have issues where it sparked from where the lead is placed into the power connector and this caused it to go off mid curing if client moved hand or foot.
I rang up and was issued a new replacement lamp within 24hrs so cannot complain at all about the customer service

Hi guys, I bought the new led lamp the day it came out, I had one problem back at the start and it was with a thumb nail not curing properly, my client hadn't fully placed her thumb under the lamp so since then I always check and I haven't had any problems since. I love the new lamp it's so much faster which is fab for nail art and toes plus it's so small so frees up room on my nail bar! Hth

Do you not have any advice on why nails are simply not curing under some LED lamps? I've done shellac on a few of my nails just a now, and simply peeled them off easier than normal polish would. Nails are pep'd, scrub fresh used, fingers in correct placement etc...yet still no luck
The only thing I can imagine is the placement isn't right but you've said it's not that. As a CND tech (not employed by them!) all I know is that I haven't had any curing problems whatsoever and I love my LED lamp. I would suggest giving S2 a call and get some advice direct from them, they may have some more suggestions.

I've been waiting to see if cnd was going to sort out the problems and slightly re-design the new led lamp so I'm not willing to buy it until problems are sorted. All I hear is bad reviews so surely there should be a recall on these lamps. I'm sticking to my uv lamp for now bit I really want to buy a new one x

Yes I agree, CND or Sweet Squared their distributor in UK should
address this problem that so many of us are having. If I had the chance of a refund I would return my lamp to Sweet Squard

I have the Shellac LED lamp and noticed my shellac wasn't lasting either. I noticed when trying to stamp on base coat, it was not cured, so, since, instead of using 10 second pulsating curing, I go for the one minute cure and since then my nails last as long as they did before! Hope this helps!
Why do you stamp on Base Coat?

I must say I have had no problems with my LED lamp. The only problems I have with certain client's nails are the same problems they have always had with Shellac. I find some just don't wear it well.
With Shellac it must be applied really thin so that it can be cured properly. The base coat should be extra thin hence the 10 second cure time needed with either lamp. The darker and denser the colour the thinner to get a proper cure. Your first coat of colour should be see through and look really quite awful. The second coat covers it all making it look good. Remember some colours need three coats. Then top coat which is naturally a bit thicker.
Also you should paint the tip of the fee edge first with a very thin layer of colour. Then load the brush again to paint the nail still bringing the colour over the free edge again. Especially with Top Coat.

Hi girls

I haven't got the LED lamp yet, but I might do in the future.

Am I right to believe in the new LED lamp the base coat, 2 colour coats and top coat all 1 minute???

New Hi girls

I haven't got the LED lamp yet, but I might do in the future.

Am I right to believe in the new LED lamp the base coat, 2 colour coats and top coat all 1 minute???
Base coat is 10 seconds, colour and top coats 60 seconds.

Right I've done it and ordered the new LED lamp. I've done my fingers. Let's see how long they last. Loved how much quicker it was to do my own nails btw.

I don't work with Shellac, but that's the main reason I wanted Led, to do my own nails:p it toof forever in a norma UV lamp, especially with nail art and french. ( might be my skills)
Most of the time it doesn't save time because when one hand is n the lamp you'll work on the other hand.
For repairs LED is also great ofcourse.
But for
Right I've done it and ordered the new LED lamp. I've done my fingers. Let's see how long they last. Loved how much quicker it was to do my own nails btw.

I have the Shellac LED lamp and noticed my shellac wasn't lasting either. I noticed when trying to stamp on base coat, it was not cured, so, since, instead of using 10 second pulsating curing, I go for the one minute cure and since then my nails last as long as they did before! Hope this helps!
Hi
so do you cure the base coat on 2s one min button?

Latest posts

Back