CND Mix ratio & Opaque powders?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I am a trained CND tech & have been for a few years.

However, I would like to ask this question........

Is there a difference in the mix ratio of using the CND Opaque Powders - for the custom blending as in, Cool, Neutral & Warm, and using the sheer pink aka 'Pure Pink' CND powder?

I ask, as i use mostly opaques with my clients these days & when I go back to using the sheer pink/pure pink I do sometimes have issues with bubbles??? :irked:

Hi Bev

The mix ratio is exactly the same 1.5 parts liquid to 1 part power (medium wet consistancy)

With Opaque powders it actually takes longer for the liquid to absorb the powder - so techs often say they are working dryer, but they aren't it just takes more effort for the powder to saturate

With the sheer pinks/ clear etc you are getting a truly clear picture of what is happening as you pick up your mix - and as it absorbs quickly you end up working too wet in many situations... (if you have been doing a lot of opaque work)

The only work around is to slow down and do some test beads when swapping back to sheers and reset your hand for picking up the quick absorbing powders...

HTH's

bev, great advice from envy there .. can't add alot but we do also have differnt liquids.. I've found as techs work faster and have a fast bead pick up they are rushing and don't always let the bead settle .... the temp has dropped down now so maybe time to try moxie for your sheers? .. I for one do swap during the winter, as I like firm bead to work with xxxxx

I have problems with bubbles when using the sheer powders also bev. It only seems to happen when i use my ultra sculptor thou and not my pro styler, which is a shame has i love the ultra sculptor! :irked: I have to slow myself down with the sheers and i also work too wet at times when i rush. But if i dont rush it will set too quickly resulting in lumps and bumps :) Just practice i suppose.

Great idea about changing to moxie liquid, i would never of thought of doing this, may have to try that out thanks! :hug:

Some excellent advice there - thanks Envy & Claire hun xxxxxxx

Will get my Moxie bottle off the shelf - I only use it for my own nails, as it's quick - never have a bubble issue with my own nails.......mmmmm.....:lol:

Latest posts

Back