CND Moxie liquid nails going yellow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with moxie liquid nails discolouring? I bought 2 gallons of it and started using it a couple weeks before Xmas.
I have found that clients returning for maintenance have yellow tinge to nails.
They weren't yellow when they were applied only now they are back? And this isn't an isolated incident, it's all of them!

There's no risks of contamination in any way and I used a new brush when i changed from retention + to moxie.

Any ideas?

It's very unlikely to be a problem with Moxie as it has a non yellowing formula but have you checked your Brush isn't contaminated?

I had a problem about 3 years ago where all my l&p clients were complaining that they noticed a yellow hue on their nails, I hadn't noticed while applying the product.
I had no idea what was happening until my CND EA suggested I take a look at my brush and bingo when I gave it a really good wipe on a paper towel it was leaving a yellow stain.

This could be an indication that you need to replace your brush.
:hug:

It's a new brush though? I bought it at the same time?

It can still be contaminated, if a brush has had contaminated liquid sitting in the flags and not being used regularly, left for a week even or if it hasn't been cleaned after use this can cause a yellowing effect.

If your brush is completely clean I would suggest you contact Sweet Squared direct and discuss your issues, I'm sure they will help :)

Do they still sell moxie ?
was it a top coat that was on them ? or was it all the way through the L&P overlay ?

CND don't sell moxie anymore. They sold it off at a reduced price in last years summer sale. Shame cause I love moxie. I bought a few bottles.

All the way through. No I don't think it's sold anymore.

Where did you manage to purchase 2 gallons from :eek:
Is it possible these are out of date or a bad batch?

From sweet squared sale. Iv been assured they are not out of date

Moxie is still available :)

It's not over here.:biggrin:

That's very Interesting, because it hasn't been discontinued... :). I just double checked all my lit kits to be sure. Hmmmmmmmmm ;)

Heather, I'll have to check that out. Our main CND distributer over here doesn't sell it any more.:confused:

Keep me posted, my curiosity is piqued ;)

Moxie was discontinued to the international market... that's why we sold it off in the sale. Also, compared to both Radical and Retention+, it's the least popular of the CND liquids we sell...

Moxie was discontinued to the international market... that's why we sold it off in the sale. Also, compared to both Radical and Retention+, it's the least popular of the CND liquids we sell...

Ahhhhhhh ok, that makes sense :) I didn't save that info to my short term memory lol.

Latest posts

Back