CND Nail Fresh or CND Nail Prime?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlemissprim

Reaction score
Help!!! I'm a little confused between cnd nail fresh and cnd nail prime.... What are the difference between the two, can you use both

I trained a long while ago so could be wrong! But I use scrub fresh, then nail fresh and then prime! I think nail fresh is also a dehydrated/ purifier.

Correct me if wrong. Thanks

They do different jobs.

All you need is ScrubFresh to sanitize and temporarily dehydrate the surface of the plate and then (and this is optional I never use it) nail prime. Using both may help you at the start.

Using Nail Fresh, ScrubFresh, and Nail Prime is total over kill in my opinion and not necessary in normal circumstances.

Thank you Gigi... Can I just say I read your thread on zone 1,2and 3 and how to apply acylics and for the first time it made sense, I think your amazing and would love too have my very own Gigi to hand haha...

I thought nail fresh was a prep boosters for lift prone clients. Anyway I use and like my results. :)

I thought nail fresh was a prep boosters for lift prone clients. Anyway I use and like my results. :)

You are not wrong ... It is a prep BOOSTER for lift prone clients ... Not every client is lift prone and your answer did not answer her question. Nail Fresh is not used as routine when doing CND prep in fact even Nail Prime is optional. Creative have moved miles on from the days when 3 prep products were needed to help with lifting.

Today we clean the nail plate of any cuticle and use Scrub Fresh ... That's it. The products do the rest. Quick easy effective and less money spent out on products along with less dehydration of the nail plate.. Got to move with the times.

There are still many that like the results when they PREP by using a 100 grit file on the nail plate first .... They also trained years and years ago. It's good and smart to keep current with present day changes that are for the better health of the nail. I train every year with CND to do just that. Good example to everyone especially if they use CND as CND move forward all the time.

Last edited:
Quick question do I try nail fresh or nail prime for lift prone Shellac Clients? - I have a client who's shellac lifted after a few days (I've not had any probs previously and she did comment that a previous salon's gel polish chipped on the next day, so am pretty sure its her nails not my techique!)

Do I risk trying her with one of these boosters, or should i head straight for the Brisa Lite smoothing gel - Although I don't want to have to charge her any extra for this :S. But still, I don't want it to lift again!

Also how do you break it to your clients that it is probably their nails that are more challenged ;) I know she thinks it is due to me!

Quick question do I try nail fresh or nail prime for lift prone Shellac Clients? - I have a client who's shellac lifted after a few days (I've not had any probs previously and she did comment that a previous salon's gel polish chipped on the next day, so am pretty sure its her nails not my techique!)

Do I risk trying her with one of these boosters, or should i head straight for the Brisa Lite smoothing gel - Although I don't want to have to charge her any extra for this :S. But still, I don't want it to lift again!

Also how do you break it to your clients that it is probably their nails that are more challenged ;) I know she thinks it is due to me!

I would tell her that her nails are not in the best condition and show her why.

You could try NailFresh (not Nail Prime) but it may only dehydrate her already dry nails further.

Smoothing gel is in my opinion, the better option for a client like this and probably use VINYLUX for the colour and charge her the same as Shellac. Sell her the VINYLUX and top coat to touch up if needed and of course Solar Oil to use daily and that should do the trick! :)

If it makes her feel good to blame you then convince her differently with your knowledge and experience. We have 3 different options with 3 different products ... If she chooses not to use your suggestion of a recommended option ... Then silly her ... She will have to keep suffering with chipping.

Oh that sounds great. Giving her the option, such a good idea! thank you for the reply Geeg. I think smoothing gel with Shellac is the way forward though, you can't beat that shine! I'll do it for her this time and will advise that this is more expensive as its an additional product?

To be honest her nails did look ok, very big nail plate and short nails but obviously something is not working her and Shellac, which is a shame but not 100% of things, work for 100% of people!

I should of twigged when she was saying her nails never grow. She also mentioned that she had l&p a few years back and they made her nails really weak, so could it be a mixture of these things? She didn't have an delamination or any white marks etc though. So is it generally either really dehydrated/damaged nails or overly oily nails that just don't get on with Shellac?

I feel for her, I would be very upset if I couldn't wear Shellac! :cry:

Oh that sounds great. Giving her the option, such a good idea! thank you for the reply Geeg. I think smoothing gel with Shellac is the way forward though, you can't beat that shine! I'll do it for her this time and will advise that this is more expensive as its an additional product?

To be honest her nails did look ok, very big nail plate and short nails but obviously something is not working her and Shellac, which is a shame but not 100% of things, work for 100% of people!

I should of twigged when she was saying her nails never grow. She also mentioned that she had l&p a few years back and they made her nails really weak, so could it be a mixture of these things? She didn't have an delamination or any white marks etc though. So is it generally either really dehydrated/damaged nails or overly oily nails that just don't get on with Shellac?

I feel for her, I would be very upset if I couldn't wear Shellac! :cry:

She said her nails don't grow .. What nonsense.. Of course they grow! So .. She is not seeing growth. Why? Because for some reason they are breaking/flaking/wearing away at the free edge because they are weak and bendy ... Hence why her manicure is not lasting. It is bendy weak nails that tend to lift and not 'get on' with Shellac.

Any nail overlay is only as good as the foundation to which it is applied. Makes perfect logical sense. "A building is only as good as the foundation it is built upon." Same principle. Common sense.

Latest posts

Back