CND Nail Fresh or Nail Prime?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrookeM

Reaction score
Hi! I’m new here and I’m also a new nail tech! I went to school during Covid unfortunately and it was 99%online. I’m having a tough time with just a couple of my lift prone clients (2) and I’ve tried different products and I just got to the point yesterday where I was crying in my room because I don’t know what else to try and it’s very frustrating when you want to be the best and there’s still a couple clients that have a lifting issue and probably won’t want to come back especially when I take longer than a salon too! Over the many times I’ve googled and found this website answering many of my questions i have seen you on most of them! So I figured you are a great person to ask! I went and got CND retention + last night and today I got the nailfresh and nailprime from cnd ... after reading this forum I’m not sure if I should use all 3 scrub fresh plus those two or what? I convinced my friend to let me do her nails again to see if this solves the problem and I’m hoping you can answer quickly as she comes in 45 minutes! Haha I was planning to use all 3 because I don’t know what else to try! I ended up trying the acid primer on her this last time and that didn’t help at all! I need above please! 🙏🏻

Last edited:
Scrubfresh every time, basic level 1 prep
Nail Fresh for lifters, 2nd level
Prime for stubbon lifters, 3rd level

Technicially you should work your way up and it's not normally necessary for all 3 but hey, hit it with everything you have if you need a win, it won't hurt

Scrubfresh every time, basic level 1 prep
Nail Fresh for lifters, 2nd level
Prime for stubbon lifters, 3rd level

Technicially you should work your way up and it's not normally necessary for all 3 but hey, hit it with everything you have if you need a win, it won't hurt

thank you so much! the client changed her appointment to tomorrow so I will update after a couple weeks! I really appreciate it! I was really down yesterday and I’ve just been praying for success 🙏🏻I am about to do my sisters now, she also has a problem with lifting! We shall see! I will succeed!! ❤️ Thank you so much again for responding!

Relax. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still new to all of this. You said it yourself.

Hopefully we can help you as there's a wealth of knowledge here. But every teacher is different in their style, method, and knowledge.

I can give you general techniques to diagnose and to understand what you are looking at. The finer details, you'll have to fill in on your own, as they cannot be put into words.

Im going to assume the problem you are having is with gel polish, and not acrylic, but some of the foundation is interchangeable.

Im going to split the techniques into 3 parts. Lifting is quite complicated. Keep in mind, this is limited to what I know.

1. Nail Tech techniques
What a tech does will affect how well the product will stay on the nail. For example:
-applying product over cuticle residue that hasn't been removed. This is probably the number one reason for lifting.
-bad polishing/application techniques. good technique will apply product on effortlessly and smoothly. Not applying the product on properly will create small air pockets in the shape of waves that will eventually lead lifting.
-making the nails too thin from removing more than 5% of the nails thickness
-not cleaning the nail well enough with a good acetone, wiping instead of scrubbing.

2. Client side
Sometimes, a product is simply not suited for a client. But this is rare, to place a number on it, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 is not suited for the product. Why? It may be that their nails are too thin and weak. Gel polish lift a lot more on on naturally thin nails. Or, it may be that their lifestyle is too hard on the product(constantly bombarded with force)

3. Product side
This is probably everyone's favorite. And probably the most controversial topic. Also complicated. The reason for a wide range of opinion is due to wide range of experiences. But still, its important that we extract the facts out from the soup.
What you need from a product is the following:
1. does not burn when curing
2. cures 90%
3. able to come off with the need to pry, causing noticeable pieces of nail to come off, leaving visible damage spots that isn't reversible when moisturized.
Since the nail tech cannot see if the product cures 90% all the way through, that left with taking the words of the manufacturer. Since we are limited to this, it is therefore fine to make assumptions based on our own internal metrics. For me, my confidence is in CND to be able to do all of these things. Therefore, using a product other than CND is asking for trouble.

thank you so much! the client changed her appointment to tomorrow so I will update after a couple weeks! I really appreciate it! I was really down yesterday and I’ve just been praying for success 🙏🏻I am about to do my sisters now, she also has a problem with lifting! We shall see! I will succeed!! ❤ Thank you so much again for responding!
So I have now done this clients nails twice since this post and ... NO ISSUES 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 soooooo soooooo soooooo happy!!! Thank you again!!

Relax. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still new to all of this. You said it yourself.

Hopefully we can help you as there's a wealth of knowledge here. But every teacher is different in their style, method, and knowledge.

I can give you general techniques to diagnose and to understand what you are looking at. The finer details, you'll have to fill in on your own, as they cannot be put into words.

Im going to assume the problem you are having is with gel polish, and not acrylic, but some of the foundation is interchangeable.

Im going to split the techniques into 3 parts. Lifting is quite complicated. Keep in mind, this is limited to what I know.

1. Nail Tech techniques
What a tech does will affect how well the product will stay on the nail. For example:
-applying product over cuticle residue that hasn't been removed. This is probably the number one reason for lifting.
-bad polishing/application techniques. good technique will apply product on effortlessly and smoothly. Not applying the product on properly will create small air pockets in the shape of waves that will eventually lead lifting.
-making the nails too thin from removing more than 5% of the nails thickness
-not cleaning the nail well enough with a good acetone, wiping instead of scrubbing.

2. Client side
Sometimes, a product is simply not suited for a client. But this is rare, to place a number on it, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 is not suited for the product. Why? It may be that their nails are too thin and weak. Gel polish lift a lot more on on naturally thin nails. Or, it may be that their lifestyle is too hard on the product(constantly bombarded with force)

3. Product side
This is probably everyone's favorite. And probably the most controversial topic. Also complicated. The reason for a wide range of opinion is due to wide range of experiences. But still, its important that we extract the facts out from the soup.
What you need from a product is the following:
1. does not burn when curing
2. cures 90%
3. able to come off with the need to pry, causing noticeable pieces of nail to come off, leaving visible damage spots that isn't reversible when moisturized.
Since the nail tech cannot see if the product cures 90% all the way through, that left with taking the words of the manufacturer. Since we are limited to this, it is therefore fine to make assumptions based on our own internal metrics. For me, my confidence is in CND to be able to do all of these things. Therefore, using a product other than CND is asking for trouble.
Thank you for the advice! It was with acrylic.. although I do have an issue with peeling off when applying gel to the natural nail.. not sure why but I don’t really have any clients that get thats service so I’ll have to test on myself maybe! lol but thank you!! The client I was having these issues with acrylic have been fixed!! 🥳🥳🤩🤩 I have done her nails twice since getting the cnd with the scrub fresh, nail fresh and nail prime! No problems!! 🥳🥳🥳🤩

I was doing my sisters nails tonight with sns dip and I have 2 top coat bottles.. one I used two days before Christmas with no issues... all of the sudden when I went to use it tonight one of the bottles was completely rock solid.. the entire bottle!! The other was super goopy!! I would have only used 1 dec 23... so even if I happened to leave the bottle open which I didn’t... then what happened to the other?? Lol I’m so lost as to what happened with these top coats!? I have never seen something like this... I mean it got cold In the room I keep them in .. but the coldest night was before dec 23 so it would have happened before then I would think... I have no clue.. I’m going to attach a video of the super goopy bottle.. the other was just rock solid! Oh nvm it will only add photos.. I screen shot some of the video.

Attachments

• D2ED175B-5C16-4127-8E7B-80E90B4B1FE2.jpeg
    D2ED175B-5C16-4127-8E7B-80E90B4B1FE2.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 3A281863-9011-4460-845C-2F578A800BFC.jpeg
    3A281863-9011-4460-845C-2F578A800BFC.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back