CND nail polish (not Shellac)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase CND nail polish (not Shellac) and registered with a company but they sent me an email requesting my certs etc. which is fair enough as theres a lot of beauticians out there who are not what they say they are.

But what I dont understand is why I need to go on a 1 day course before I could buy any. Tried to purchase from another co. and they were the same regarding paperwork but for any other product it was fine to buy.

If they are going to request these surely they should do it with all products. If you want to buy wax that's not a problem but to buy nail polish.....

As far as I can tell this is standard CND practice to see proof of your certs before allowing you to purchase any of their products

It's quite easy really Sweet Squared are a professional company who only sell there products wether it be CND, Minx or GlitzyLips to professional people so this is why the require you to provide proof of qualification.
It doesn't matter if you are registered with another company this doesn't prove to S2 that you are a professional even if it is just for buying Nail Colour.
:hug:

fair play to s2 for trying to maintain standards instead of just cashing in. well done them. pity other suppliers wouldn't follow their lead.

Don't forget, you will be paying professional prices with potential retail profits. Without proof of qualification members of the public would be avoiding RRP

Totally agree but they say i have to do a 1 day course. I have no complaints about sending proof, its the course i do not agree on:( x

Totally agree but they say i have to do a 1 day course. I have no complaints about sending proof, its the course i do not agree on:( x

Can you just confirm this is Sweet Squared we are talking about? :hug:

Are you saying that you already have a mani/pedi certificate but they want you to go on a second course?

Who is this with? xx

Ohhhhh, I don't really want to say incase they refuse any orders.

Will fax a letter along with paperwork asking why (course) even tho I have all the qualifications.

It may just be that the email I received was after closing hrs and this is a standard reply that is automatically sent out. Hopefully

Really dont want to go on a basic course when I've being doing this for 8 yrs x

OK, i think there may be some confusion here :green:

Sweet Squared are the only legal and official distributors of CND products in the UK although they have sub distributors including Ellisons

If you wish to use CND liquid and powder or Brisa Gel you need to do one day conversion courses.

If you have a manicure/pedicure qualification you will be able to purchase CND Colours and Effects polishes upon proof without further training although a Polished Nail training day is available (which is fab!)

If this is another company you are trying to purchase from they are not authorised sellers

Check that email again and see if it says enhancements need training

I am wanting to purchase CND nail polish (not Shellac) and registered with a company but they sent me an email requesting my certs etc. which is fair enough as theres a lot of beauticians out there who are not what they say they are.

But what I dont understand is why I need to go on a 1 day course before I could buy any. Tried to purchase from another co. and they were the same regarding paperwork but for any other product it was fine to buy.

If they are going to request these surely they should do it with all products. If you want to buy wax that's not a problem but to buy nail polish.....

I think this is kind of par for the course 'industry standard' across the board for professional products. For example, it's also the same for hair extensions, you need to have done the proper course in order to use 'Great Lengths' hair extensions and a supplier/ distributor of a professional nail product wants to ensure that you are going to be able to apply their product in the way that they want their product 'disseminated' to the client, etc. So, even though you want to buy a product from CND, they want to profile the professionals who are using their products and make sure that those professionals are using their product as directed, which seems fair and proper (IMO)

(also, this is a marketing strategy as well. If everyone could buy their product and it was everywhere, it would be less desirable, therefore lowering the cost. Well, I needed to add that to be fair.)

Latest posts

Back