CND opaque cover pinks are translucent, how do I make them more opaque?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelseawilson

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg
hello all, I am a CND nail technician and I am struggling to get a complete opaque coverage from any of the cover pinks Brisa gel acrylics or powders
My problems are:

* I do not want to use opaque tips under the nail enhancement as an opaque base, I do sculptured on a form and that is what I prefer as they seem to feel more natural and all my clients prefer this they do not want tips.

* I do not want to mix some of the White into my pink gel acrylic (to change the opacity) because I do not want to alter the colour any lighter- if anything I'd like to make it slightly darker but can't without changing the viscosity.

* I do not really want to change my products from CND if there is a solution to this problem

I am also getting the same problem with my liquid and powder. They are both unsatisfyingly slightly translucent NOT opaque like the tubs say.

***Can anyone please tell me what I can do to get a complete opaque coverage?
I keep seeing these beautiful French polished acrylics on Pinterest that you can't see the natural nails smile line through when you want a low swooping smile line, I have nail biters and don't want to see their free edge AT ALL in the middle of the pink area of my French polishes! HELP IT's driving me insane! (Qualified in 2012 quite experienced just can't get past this problem)
Thank you xx
(Glitter picture is the opacity I want. Other set with crosses is an old set of acrylics I did that shows the translucency of the pinks by CND)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back