CND Perfect Colour Cool Pink powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
hullo there!

Since doing my CND L&P conversion last month Ive been in love with their Perfecr Colour Warm Pink powder (so creamy & such a gorgeous nude shade on its own!)

I used the Cool Pink today & must admit I dont like it (shock horror lol!) its quite light, too pink & not a patch on the warm pink lol.

How do you guys find it? Do you have any tips on additives/pigments that make it more WOW? Ill be doing the custom colour blending course at some point in the future, but wondered what you do for now?

I imagine where its quite light anice sparkle in it would make all the difference :D xx

I am cool & pale. I should in theory look good with the cool pink. It's horrid. Very blue, very artificial, very pale. Yuck.

A dash of blush bronze or antique bronze will warm it. A dash of haute pink to deepen. Pink gold to sparkle & warm marginally. I tried nectar glaze in it once because that's a nice neutral pink but unfortunately the particle size is bigger so it doesn't mix very well & you don't get an even colour.

On the custom colour they advise usage with other cooler additives like blue heaven, violet pearl etc. But presumably you want to go the other way & liven it up a bit.

Of course you could just make your own neutral pink by 50/50 warm & cool :)

Hi Willow

Thanks for your reply. Im so glad Im not the only one that finds it horrid compared to the warm pink counterpart!

I never thought of doing a 50/50 mix with the warm pink, so will play with that on tips later- thank you! I too think cool tones will make it worse (in a sense) so will stick to some of the warmer additives. Ive not got pink gold sparkle yet, are there any other 'glitter' additivesthat work well? Xx

You don't usually use actual glitter in cover pink powders as the particle size is too big. You usually use mica/pigment powders.

Spectrum shimmer, icicles. I can't really think of any others presently. A very finely milled iridescent white would be nice perhaps if it reflected pink.

The course was very much focused on subtle improvements to personalise the cover pink to best suit your model.

Latest posts

Back