CND pricing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenKnight

Reaction score
How much do you charge for CND toes?

I have a client who has acrylics on her hands so will only ever want her toes doing?

I will be starting out in CND from September.
I have a special offer for £15 fingers and toes, I will be home based.
How much for....
Just fingers
Just toes
Fingers and toes
Once fully priced?
TIA

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Exiting that your starting out :) congrats! Since I am Norwegian I am not used to the pricing in England, but can I ask why you are doing an offer on your service?

This is something many will disagree with me on and I totally understand that it’s a way to market your new business. But using words like offer and as many others discount on certain services at different times of the year (usually when we all experience slow business) is in my mind cheapening your business. Instead you should do an introductory price or set a price for your start up period. Then as you grow and get more experienced you raise your prices on an regular basis. You should never have to offer up or discount your service, that’s what you do for product sales.

So don’t get me wrong it’s not a critique, but friendly advise that you need to watch how you word your intro to the market and be smart about your services because that’s how you succeed and make money from your craft.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get a running start [emoji4]

Same as fingers for me

Same as fingers x

I just remembered that you should register on CND.com, they have these great pricing point tools that will give you insight into what services cost you and how much you can make in profits. It’s based on dollars but with a little patience and some currency apps you can use it to help you figure out what is reasonable for you to charge.

Imo, I think specials on nails are terrible. It screams cheap. Anything worth its value shouldn't go on sale. You have a business to turn in a profit. Your're not doing nails for fun so its not good to lower your prices. But hey, its your time and money.

The average price of gel polish here in the US is $30. It is $20 for gels on the toes.

Last edited:
I'm about average for my location here in the south west of the UK.
I charge £24 for a standard shellac manicure or pedicure.
Nail art is extra £3 - £6
Any extras such as soaking, luxury treatments etc are extra too.
So for a luxury shellac pedicure with a standard colour it's £30.

I have had a new salon just opened up along the road from me last week and she is only charging £10 for file + gel polish. Also offering 10% promo deal.
So that's £9 !!!!! Makes me mad :mad: Way too cheap..... if you take out your product costs / rent etc, you are probably not even paying yourself minimum hourly rate .....

I have had a new salon just opened up along the road from me last week and she is only charging £10 for file + gel polish. Also offering 10% promo deal.
So that's £9 !!!!! Makes me mad :mad: Way too cheap..... if you take out your product costs / rent etc, you are probably not even paying yourself minimum hourly rate .....

That's actually pretty hilarious. But I think you can use it to your advantage by having product differentiation. If your prices are higher, then there needs to be a reason why. And customers need to see the difference.

I'm about average for my location here in the south west of the UK.
I charge £24 for a standard shellac manicure or pedicure.
Nail art is extra £3 - £6
Any extras such as soaking, luxury treatments etc are extra too.
So for a luxury shellac pedicure with a standard colour it's £30.

That’s not only a bad business move but they won’t make any money off it, unless they do a service in 10 min. It’s an annoyance but it should not effect you. They will not be able to sustain a business on that plan so I wouldn’t worry.

I does put our industry in a bad light unfortunately, but we just need to be strong and fair in our prices to be able to keep quality before quantity and deliver the best we can for what we are worth.

Latest posts

Back