CND product remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Reaction score
Hi every one
I have been using CND product remover for a few months know i find it so much kinder to the skin and it smells much better than my usal acetone.
I have had no problems at all with it untill i had a client who has been having her nails done by me for 2 years come in. She has decided due to money probs at the moment to have a rest from her usual natural over lay. So i did my usual thing by putting the Acetone in 2 glass bowls then them into some hot water. Put her in to soak with towel over both hands, left her for 15 mins only to find that the acrylic had not budged at all. So put her in for another 10 mins. some of the acrylic stared to melt down put on some it just would not move. I did check all the nails were coverd. I have only ever soaked her nails of 3 times in 2 years but cant rember having any probs with her. Has this happend to any one else. What should have been 45 min appo ended up taking an hour and half. I ended up buffing them of (with great care). I have used the same product from the same bottle yestday and it was fine.
Just wondering if this as happend to any one else?
Thanks Caren :)

Are you absolutely certain this client has not had her nails reblanced somewhere else with say a gel or MMA without telling you???

This is the most probable explanation for this happening. Of course she won't have told you, but if she has Retention+ on her nails, the the remover will remove it believe me.

BTW this once happened to me with a client who daren't tell me she had gone to another technician when she couldn't get an apppointment with me. It wasn't till I checked her client record card and saw that she hadn't had an appointment for 6 weeks that I 'twigged' what had happened. She had had a gel applied over her enhancements at another salon!! :rolleyes:
She told me many moons later .... like I didn't already know

geeg said:
Are you absolutely certain this client has not had her nails reblanced somewhere else with say a gel or MMA without telling you???

This is the most probable explanation for this happening. Of course she won't have told you, but if she has Retention+ on her nails, the the remover will remove it believe me.

BTW this once happened to me with a client who daren't tell me she had gone to another technician when she couldn't get an apppointment with me. It wasn't till I checked her client record card and saw that she hadn't had an appointment for 6 weeks that I 'twigged' what had happened. She had had a gel applied over her enhancements at another salon!! :rolleyes:
She told me many moons later .... like I didn't already know

Ummm thinking about it Geeg she has just come back from a 3 week fly/cruise holiday and it had been 5 weeks since she last visited me. Her nails had lifted quite a bit but there was not a lot of growth there. So maybe she had them done on the ship .I did ask her if she had them done but she assured me she never. I only use Retention+ so this would explain it. I just wish clients would say it would save a whole lot of hassle, its not like i bite lol
thanks very much for that geeg
caren :lol:

not 100% sure if this is correct perhaps someone could confirm it.

i was told if you get 1 drop of water in the acetone it wont work as well, if this is the case could this have happened with the cnd product remover?

Nope!

It would have to be seriously diluted a lot more than that to slow down the action.

Acetone polish remover has much more water in it than it does acetone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back