CND Radical or Retention+ monomer liquid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, just a bit confusing when you are taught that you have to use primer with radical, and the instructors in denmark is also taught that, i think (my boss is an instructor and I have never ever heard her mention this one)

Only explanation could be that when new nail tech, the monomor you recieve ion foundation course is radical and to prevent people giving up too soon they encourage primer, but again no, come to think about it the reason why we cannot use the same brush in all monomors is that radical is not primerless.

Will speak to Icgroup in denmark monday then, I know you know Minna Gigi?
This is frustrating as I now go against what I am taught, but believe that you know what you are talking about Gigi:)

You're right .. I do!! :lol:

I love my Radical, I have never used primer with it, even thou it was supplied with it, I took the word here as gospil that it was PRIMERLESS, and have never had a problem with it.....

it makes a creamyer bead, it makes an enhancement that buffs up to a superiour high shine (much more than retention+ and shine lasts 70% longer) it makes a stronger nail - I for one bash the hell out of my nails, I'm the last one who should be using them as tools rather than treating them like jewels, but I can get under the hood of my car, use my nails like any normal person would come away from working, a little grease cleaner and they are AS GOOD AS NEW! and they certainly dont scratch as bad as ret+ nails.

In retentions favour - I find it easyer to buff off when it comes to re-balance time, rad always feels a tad harder.

Hi

I have been using radical for at least 10 years. Its easy to use and much stronger than Retention. Radical is good for those ladies that I like to call "crashers and bashers"

Hi

I have been using radical for at least 10 years. Its easy to use and much stronger than Retention. Radical is good for those ladies that I like to call "crashers and bashers"

Just to keep things on track ... Don't think Retention+ isn't strong ... Strong it IS and is perfect for 99% of clients.

Radical produces a nail that isn't so much stronger as 'tougher' (which means it is a little more flexible) and will put up with those 10% of clients who are very heavy handed. It is also perfect for 99% of clients.

Retention+ produces nails that have that different bonding ability which is great for those clients who suffer with lifting no matter what you seem to do.

Use the right liquid when you need to. Both liquids make strong enhancements and both liquids bond great to the natural nail without primer for most all client types. Isn't it great to have the ability to produce a custom service for those clients who fall out of the normal category, when you need to.

I'm gobba give Radical a try,i'm dying to see the difference in the "look" of the enhancement :idea:

helloooooo,

just a quick question for everyone out there to see which cnd liquid people preferr to use,radical or retention+???
i was trained to use radical but have just gotten some retention+ and have yet to use it.i realise you dont need a primer with this one but just wondered if it gave any ddifference to the over-all finish. e.g less lifting ect??
Can radical be used with any other cnd powders?

Can radical be used with any other cnd powders?

Hi Karlla
This is a very old thread from 2008, but in answer to your question yes Radical can be used with any CND powder, they all mix and match within the CND brand. I'm not sure you can even buy Radical any more can you? I switched to Retention+ years ago now.

ETA -Yes you can still buy Radical AND Moxie, blimey they bring back memories LOL

Latest posts

Back