CND rentention powder- LIFTING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik

Reaction score
Hi - I have been using CND retention powder for 4 days now. I was using AVOLVE prior. I had one client lift within 12 hours once applied. She did have raised nail beds and has a history of lifting prior to using this when i used AVOLVE. I am puzzled by this as I have not had a person lift so quick except when I used cheap quality products. PLEASE help what could be the reason. she is pregnant but told me she had not lifted when pregnant when she got her nails done from the shopping centre shops.could it be the acid free primer etc......

Hi - I have been using CND retention powder for 4 days now. I was using AVOLVE prior. I had one client lift within 12 hours once applied. She did have raised nail beds and has a history of lifting prior to using this when i used AVOLVE. I am puzzled by this as I have not had a person lift so quick except when I used cheap quality products. PLEASE help what could be the reason. she is pregnant but told me she had not lifted when pregnant when she got her nails done from the shopping centre shops.could it be the acid free primer etc......

Hi Vik,
Sorry to hear you had this experience! Can you please talk us through your procedure? What liquid are you using? Why are you using Acid Free Primer?

hello. I have been using the blue retention+powder.
I have used avolve prior. this is a switch for me.
step 1- wash hands with antibacterial wash
step 2- apply cuticle remover
step 3- remove living tissue etc...
step 4- dehydrate
step 5- apply ph balancer
step 6- apply tips
step 7- apply one layer of acid free primer and let it dry
step 8- one finger at a time I applied wet layer of acid free primer
step 9- apply acrylic
step 10- file etc....
step 11- apply clear gel top coat

I am in my first year. let me know what u think could be the issue. I joined this site to better my self.
thankyou

i am using -

CND retention+ powder
retention sculpting liquid
CND nail prime.

i was told by the supply shop that is still needed to used. the primer

Hi Vik, thank you for sharing your steps and procedure. You know, I wish I could fly right over there and spend some time showing you how CND would recommend you get the best out of these products. It's so challenging to do via posts on a forum. My recommendation is that you seek out CND training in your area. I wish I could tell you exactly who to call and where to go, but I'm afraid I don't know, i want to find out though.
A CND L&P Conversion course or 2-3 hours one-2-one training with a CND Ambassador would, I believe, solve your lifting challenge once and for all.

So in the mean time here are some points to think about.

I never EVER use Primer with my CND L&P because Retention+ Liquid does not require it. It's optional, yes, but unnecessary. Retention+ Liquid bonds directly to the keratin in the natural nail, it is truly primerless.

Watch this: cndvideo's Channel - YouTube
The most common cause of lifting is improper preparation of the natural nail before applying your product. This is the best step by step, specific to CND enhancement systems.

I hope this helps Vik. Well done for coming here and asking for help. It's hard when first starting with a new system. You are welcome to message me if you have any questions. Good luck!

hey.

Thankyou for your feedback. Yes their is a place I know who does these courses. they are not cheap though. :(

I will see how it goes with no primer. whats your thoughts on using the ph balancer and my procedures. whats ur procedures.

With training we get what we pay for. A fantastic training experience can change your life, make your job easier and give you the opportunity to make more money in business. Cheap training is often just a waste of time and money, leaving you feeling confused, not confident and left to fill in the blanks of information yourself.

You're procedure may have been perfect for the system you were using, but when you switch to a new product, in order to get the best results, it's best to follow the procedure recommended for that system.
My own procedure begins with CND P.R.E.P, just as it was done in the video I linked to in my previous post. Here it is a link to it written out:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html
No need for ph balancer. :)

Last edited:
Yes I checked it out. Looks good.will try it and see how it goes....

Did u remove the shine from nails before applying acrylic!? This is a must! x

Latest posts

Back