CND + Retention - clients lifting still- HELP HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik

Reaction score
hi ladies, im so puzzled, I have had returning customers come back to me showing me their nails. they had lifting in the corners of cuticle. from looking at their nails it wasnt my technique, it looks like it could be product not sticking with nail plate. I did everything in my prep. I have tried to contact CND reps in my area but they are not contactable. I emailed and rang. now i just sit and wait. i also need to know what peoples thoughts are on the old CND......

I used to occasionally have this issue and more frequently had the issue of very very tiny bubbles when I used to use CND. I am not saying this happened all the time, but just in a minority amount of client cases.

I have always been outgoing in the fact that I always like to try different sample alternatives on myself, as when I was doing CND on my clients. I eventually found an alternative in the form of a supplier called Young Nails.

Since exclusively using Young Nails L&P products about 3 years ago I have never had a single case of lifting or bubbling with my clients. I still trial samples of new products that come on the market but have not as yet found a product as reliable as Young Nails.

hi, yes i know young nails. However I got nothing but good feedback on CND so i just changed my supply to CND, I have spent so much money and i cant afford to change products. I really dont know what to do :( :(

Well ladies let's be logical shall we?

Millions of nail techs, including myself, have used and still use CND very Successfully without lifting issues and without seeing bubbles .. Even occasionally. :biggrin:

Lifting in the corners can be due to as simple a thing as not pressing the product firmly enough into the corners or an excess build up of cuticle in the corners (which can be quite common) which has not been removed.

Try harder to be more vigilant when working in those areas. There is no miracle product that will solve the problem of lifting if there is cuticle left on the plate or your application technique is not suitable for the product you are using.

Lastly, I know Cherie Pollard from NSW and she is very contactable and a very good Education Ambassador for CND. She is on Facebook with her details ... If you can't find her, I would be happy to send you her email address.

Hi, I have emailed her a few days ago and so far no reply. I contacted my supply shop and they stated they called her a few times today and no answer. Can u please send me her facebook as I would say this is important as i know I have followed instructions, so im now getting upset. Sorry to post but i have nowhere else to go to discuss these issues.....thanks for ur help

Hi, I have emailed her a few days ago and so far no reply. I contacted my supply shop and they stated they called her a few times today and no answer. Can u please send me her facebook as I would say this is important as i know I have followed instructions, so im now getting upset. Sorry to post but i have nowhere else to go to discuss these issues.....thanks for ur help

would say, keep trying .. we all lead busy lives. She is Cherie Pollard on Facebook and you can leave her a message.

Hi vik

Sorry to hear about your lifting issues. Can I just add a comment to what Geeg said. I'm still really new to nails and when Gigi says check cuticle at the edge and press the product really really check you are doing this. Gigi told me loads of times and finally last week I really listened. I used cuticle away and the infamous precision curette and probe. Really I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH CUTICLE WAS STILL IN THE CORNERS AND SIDE WALLS. There really was loads. The difference to the nail plate was amazing it was sort of squeaky clean. The product pressed to the nail plate and even felt different sort of harder more attached. Also I was working too dry and using too bigger beads. I just think that as newbies sometimes we have to go back to basics and really prep. I can't believe how much time I've wasted by not prepping properly. All the very very best in sorting this out. Let me know how you get on xxxxxx

Ps just to let you know Gigi I sculpted a nail last week and my client and I gave it a minutes silence to appreciate how beautiful it was lol. A mini triumph and as always down to you Liza and now Justine xxxx

Hi vik

Sorry to hear about your lifting issues. Can I just add a comment to what Geeg said. I'm still really new to nails and when Gigi says check cuticle at the edge and press the product really really check you are doing this. Gigi told me loads of times and finally last week I really listened. I used cuticle away and the infamous precision curette and probe. Really I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH CUTICLE WAS STILL IN THE CORNERS AND SIDE WALLS. There really was loads. The difference to the nail plate was amazing it was sort of squeaky clean. The product pressed to the nail plate and even felt different sort of harder more attached. Also I was working too dry and using too bigger beads. I just think that as newbies sometimes we have to go back to basics and really prep. I can't believe how much time I've wasted by not prepping properly. All the very very best in sorting this out. Let me know how you get on xxxxxx

Ps just to let you know Gigi I sculpted a nail last week and my client and I gave it a minutes silence to appreciate how beautiful it was lol. A mini triumph and as always down to you Liza and now Justine xxxx

Ha ha ... A minutes silence ... I just love that!! :biggrin:

Your post does remind me though that Fingernailfixer on YouTube, CND Education Ambassador, does have a video showing the CND cuticle removal procedure which the OP should watch ... It is a class in itself ! That video along with the all important pressing will solve any lifting issues.

Be very thorough in pressing at the side Walls and cuticle area and you WILL have NO Lifting ... Guaranteed.

I had the same type of lifting, in the same area. It drove me nuts. So I booked a one on one and she watched me do some nails and said the only thing she could see I was doing wrong was not pressing enough in the cuticle area. I have since done 2 sets and my own and have not had any texts saying they've lifted so I'm assuming they haven't. Mine haven't lifted either but they normally don't.

I use a curette to dry prep and absolutely love this tool.

I would highly recommend prepping with as curette and pressing harder in this area just as the others have suggested. Fingernail fixers video is awesome too. A great watch.

Latest posts

Back