CND Retention+/Radical Solar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrookeM

Reaction score
Hey! I have a question about CND ... if I have a client that has lifting issues and she’s hard on her nails. I started using CND Retention+ and she hasn’t had lifting issues 🥳 but she’s a bartender and rough on her nails also and sometimes she will have a break.. is it possible or wise to make a fine layer with the retention and then use the radical solar on top for strength?

Hi there the difference is all in the chemistry 😊 both if I remember are cross linking monomers but radical is reinforced whereas R+ is keratin bonding. Both have superb adhesion however I found occasionally if a client was hard on there enhancements then radical would suit better. Both products are beautiful to work with.

Hi there the difference is all in the chemistry 😊 both if I remember are cross linking monomers but radical is reinforced whereas R+ is keratin bonding. Both have superb adhesion however I found occasionally if a client was hard on there enhancements then radical would suit better. Both products are beautiful to work with.

oh and forgot to add no need to use both systems if your using R+ with great prep and she is getting breakage maybe try switching to radical, obviously looking at length and lifestyle also as this will contribute to breakage regardless of which system you use.

oh and forgot to add no need to use both systems if your using R+ with great prep and she is getting breakage maybe try switching to radical, obviously looking at length and lifestyle also as this will contribute to breakage regardless of which system you use.
Awesome! Thank you for your advice!! Yeah she is a lift prone client (even when going to any salon) and since I switched to the R+ she hasn’t had any lifting! But since she’s so hard on her hands I thought maybe I could try bothsince r+ is for lift prone clients and the radical for extra strength.. so if I use just the radical should I still use the scrub fresh, nail fresh and nail prime as I do with the r+ with no lifting issues?

Yes just exactly the same as you would with R+ primer is optional.

good luck 🤞

Since your client hasn’t any lifting issues (due to your diligence), breaking is the issue. In the early 70’s, I bartended while my hubby was in college. Yes, reaching for bottles, in ice, washing glasses, etc., took a toll.
My manicurist talked me into an oval shaped nail (but Cher has square!), and I didn’t have as many breaks.

It’s something to do with the strength and flexibility of an arch.

There isn't anything you can do.

Think about it. If you can make an acrylic last longer for all clients, you've already done it. So, how can you make one clients nail any stronger than any other set you put out?

This one is on the client. She has to be more gentle on her hands. Or, she needs to wear shorter nails. Her profession makes her the unideal clientele for acrylics.

Latest posts

Back