CND Retention without primer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samathiyy

Reaction score
So I was doing a clients nail last night and I realised I didn't use primer!!
I haven't mentioned it but now I'm panicking.
Are they going to lift/drop off??

So I was doing a clients nail last night and I realised I didn't use primer!!
I haven't mentioned it but now I'm panicking.
Are they going to lift/drop off??

hi someone correct me if im wrong,but dont think you have to use primer with retention +. to be honest its a few years since i used cnd though. i think you will be fine x

I bought a trial kit of it as I'm testing it out - usually use NSI but want a change and I completely forgot about primer.
I really hope this is true!

There's no need for primer with CND Acrylics xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my Cnd foundation training almost 7 years ago. We were taught using radical and had the need to use primer drummed into us. Since then, I've often read there's no need for primer, although I'm not sure if this is more for retention users or not?

Anyway, I can't say I ever noticed much difference either way regarding using/not using it. I wouldn't fret too much, if I were you.

I bought a trial kit of it as I'm testing it out - usually use NSI but want a change and I completely forgot about primer.
I really hope this is true!

yes im sure you dont need it x

I done my training In January with retention + you don't use primer don't worry xx

Phew! Brilliant, thanks girls xx

You don't need a primer with retention only radical x

The "+" in Retention+ means that primer has already been added to it, so there is no "need" to use primer if using Retention+, but you can if you want/need to. Definitely need to use primer with Radical and Moxie. Neither have primer already added.

The "+" in Retention+ means that primer has already been added to it, so there is no "need" to use primer if using Retention+, but you can if you want/need to. Definitely need to use primer with Radical and Moxie. Neither have primer already added.

Sorry, but I just need to correct this, there is no primer within the Retention+ monomer it just doesn't need to be used with it.
I know when it was launched that was what was thought, but it definitely isn't the case.

Sorry, but I just need to correct this, there is no primer within the Retention+ monomer it just doesn't need to be used with it.
I know when it was launched that was what was thought, but it definitely isn't the case.

Thanks, Izzidoll, how about radical? I was taught to use primer with it and then read later on, within salongeek, that it wasn't actually needed. Can't say I noticed much difference with or without, just a bit of an insurance policy against lifting?

Thanks, Izzidoll, how about radical? I was taught to use primer with it and then read later on, within salongeek, that it wasn't actually needed. Can't say I noticed much difference with or without, just a bit of an insurance policy against lifting?

It was always taught to use CND acid free primer with Radical monomer, but as you say it was more of an Insurance policy to help new techs, as you got more proficient and confident in your prep and application primer really became superfluous.

Latest posts

Back