CND Shellac and glitter help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mria87

Reaction score
Ok so I Prep Nails and do base coat,two colour coats of colour and then use brush to put Glitter on to the tacky layer then cure and put top coat.

Problem is when I do mine somehow I get full coverage but when doing clients I do not get full coverages do it looks patchy.
This is using Chunky Glitter but mine had no problems and I can't understand.
😔

Are you getting a lot of glitter coming off when you top coat? I wonder if you're pressing it in too hard and disturbing the inhibition layer meaning there's patches that aren't as tacky.

Also why do you cure after applying glitter? I cure my colour coats, apply glitter then top coat and then cure

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I only use fine glitter. Don't like the chunky.

I don't get a lot of glitter come off its just at the right corner.
Someone told me to cure after Glitter to try help the problem I'm having but I usually do it the same way you do.
You might be right maybe I'm pressing to hard but my nails always come out fine. I never liked Chunky Glitter but after practicing on my own I thought I would be fine.

I am having a really frustrating problem

My chunky glitters aren't giving full coverage over my shellac

I have attached a picture where I have used Nude Nickers and you can still see the colour underneath

I have seen others use the same chunky glitter and have full coverage of a glitter nail with no hint of the colour underneath

I have tried dabbing on with a brush, my finger and also pouring glitter directly on top of nail

Also, sometimes my nail does not seem tacky enough after being cured for 2minutes, it almost seems dry at times?

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• nail.JPG
    nail.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 121
If you want the chunky glitter effect it might be easier to first put a layer of fine glitter in the same colour as the chunky first, seal in with clearly pink then apply your chunky glitter over the top. That way you will get a full coverage effect.

I'm having the same problem!
Fine glitter works perfect but when I try chunky it doesn't give full coverage, you can still see the shellac colour underneath

I have seen others use the same chunky glitter as me and have full coverage

I've merged these threads as they are both asking the same question and so hopefully all answers will help.

I suppose I could try using a similar colour fine glitter underneath

It's just frustrating as I have seen people just use the chunky glitter on it's own and have full coverage

I guess it would depend on the quality of the glitter being use as well. Lecente glitters I've found to be the best :)

It might because chunky glitter layers over each other so not every piece will be in full contact with the tacky layer. You could use ultra fine to fill in the gaps maybe? We've had a lot of people come back with positive feedback about Lecente glitters

You can use a base colour thats a similar shade to the glitter if possible.
So if its a chunky holo glitter use a silver polish for the base.
You could do a base of silver glitter first and seal it with a clear but that can add more thickness to the nail too. x

Latest posts

Back