CND Shellac Cerulean Sea problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
I brought a bottle of Shellac Cerulean Sea about a month ago and have found it's chipping within a few days if that also when applying there is air bubbles when curing has anyone else had this problem?

Hi

I have not had any problems with this colour, I love it, it's one of my faves!

Have you given it a really good shake? And have you capped the free edge thoroughly with base and colour coats and applied in thin coats?

x

Hi

I have not had any problems with this colour, I love it, it's one of my faves!

Have you given it a really good shake? And have you capped the free edge thoroughly with base and colour coats and applied in thin coats?

x

Yep followed everything to a t only colour I seem to be having problems with

A good 15 sec bottle shaking before the application will help to sort this problem. And if you glide a brush on top of the nail you will get rid of any bubbles that might appear.

I absolutely LOVE this colour id say its possibly my favourite.......but the problem I have with it is the removal. Ive used it on myself & clients fingers and toes many times. Every removal has been a pain in the arse :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my I have taken to hiding this colour if I know a customer likes brights! I have had real issues applying it, hard to get a thin layer, bubbles appearing and I sometimes have to lightly buff it off when removing! I replaced my original bottle to see if I'd left it open too long/not shaken it enough and my second bottle is better. I try not to leave it open too long and give it an extra shake which has helped. My original bottle is just for nail art now.

How strange... cant say I've had any problems myself with application or removal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

How strange... cant say I've had any problems myself with application or removal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive not had any probs with application but def removal. Next time I use it I will apply it more thinly to see if there's a difference :D

Maibe cuz this color tends to cover very good in one coat. Compared to many other colors it's very creamy n easy to cover in one. Maibe too thick. Removal was fast for me too.

I used it on myself ages ago - love it!
Didn't have a issue with application, wear or removal...
I wore it during easter and was working at stables, lasted 2 weeks (even with stable chores for 9 hours a day) loved it :)

I totally love this colour but the problem I have with it is staining! Removal is a mare because I can get all the shellac away really cleanly, there is definitely no base coat left on the nail but there is a definite blue tinge to the upper half of the nails.

My clients are religious with solar oil too, so it's not just down to dryness.

Isn't funny how the colours can apply / remove differently but then not so surprising when we remember that all CND SHELLAC colours are created uniquely. I have experienced colours that come off easily on myself and some that were harder. I think it can be down to the state of the nail it is applied to, the thickness and also the pigment in the colour itself. I would also check your bulbs on the lamp to be sure you have hours left!!

Isn't funny how the colours can apply / remove differently but then not so surprising when we remember that all CND SHELLAC colours are created uniquely. I have experienced colours that come off easily on myself and some that were harder. I think it can be down to the state of the nail it is applied to, the thickness and also the pigment in the colour itself. I would also check your bulbs on the lamp to be sure you have hours left!!

Thanks Mrs Geek ive got a recently replaced lamp from January, so not in anyway to do with bulbs. Definitely to do will condition of nails & how long its been on. I also struggle with Fedora being a pain to remove. Just one of those things I suppose :)

I've not had any problems with this colour but how can it be bulbs in your lamp when it's obviously working? i.e. the light comes on.

Surely they would not allow you to have the facility to check how many hours are left, if you have to replace them well in advance of the bulbs being used up.

I've not had any problems with this colour but how can it be bulbs in your lamp when it's obviously working? i.e. the light comes on.
the bulbs may still come on after the 100 hours has run down becasue we are talking UV output... there will be none if hours have run to zero...

I have problems with Fedora bubbling but only on some of my clients, not all of them.

I think, as it has been said, it totally depends what client it is that you are you working with.

I came on to post about finding a solution to Shellac colours that have thickened up. The only 2 colours I have ever had a problem with are Cream Puff (which was v thick & brush was stuck together when sent from supplier) and recently Cake Pop but I have had this bottle since last Summer.Both have peeled on clients. My supplier said you can wipe the brush with a small amount of disperse has anyone else heard this?

My supplier said you can wipe the brush with a small amount of disperse has anyone else heard this?

This is a common practice as the brushes have a packing starch to protect them during packaging and shipping.
Its simple to rectify just use a lint free pad (I use kitchen roll) dampened with a little Dsperse and clean the brush.

Thank you, does it help with the thickness of the polish too?

Latest posts

Back