CND Shellac chipping day 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Help. First few clients done, prepped fully. New kit new lamp. Full times cured. Why would this happen? Worried x

Any pictures?

What was the condition on the natural nails before application?

Do they have tough jobs or hobbies such as gardening or the gym?

Alot
Any pictures?

Any pictures?

Alot of new ladies are coming from a girl who used blusky product (cheap) did alot of filling and so the condition isnt going to be great. But she was cheap and cheerful. Do you think it would be worth me buying brisa lite to get these ladies won over?

Shellac is a 2 week manicure for healthy nails.

Nails that are damaged will not get the same wear time out of the product. It uses the strength of the natural nail for its own strength , nails that are over filled , thin , damaged or peeling will have problems keeping shellac on for 2 weeks.

Brisa Lite does help, but i have better results using the IBX nail strengthening system with clients with damaged nails. I charge an extra €5 for brisa lite and an extra €10 for IBX, some client need both if nails are damaged and thin , others can get away with just ibx if they have thick nails but they just need a little repair.

I explain to the clients BEFORE they have their nails done that due to the condition of their nails that they cannot expect the same wear time and results as someone with healthy nails. I ask if they would still like to go ahead with the treatment knowing that they may not get 2 weeks wear out of it and that all repairs are chargeable. I write this down on the client card, make sure you do this because clients always "forget" you have told them this and expect free repairs. I explain that they will need to be extra careful with their nails , and oil them religiously to help improve the condition - for damaged nails that are thin and weak i ask them to try and oil their nails 3-4 times a day. I explain that there is chance that they will peel , chip or lift and if this happens to come back straight away and not to pick or pull at the area. I explain that while it will a lot more effort to keep their nails initially , if they put the effort in now, when there nails are healthy they will have nails that will last a long time with little maintenance with the extra added bonus that if they do ever want them taken off they will still look beautiful, i also point out that the techniques used to make the nails last longer (such as filing and buffing of the surface of the nail , or filing the cuticle off) do work in the short term, but eventually the nails will be left is such a bad condition that no nail coating will last and they will be waiting 6 months for the nails to grow from cuticle to free edge to regain their health.

It will go one of two ways for you…… the cheap client will complain that they are't getting the same amount of time out of their nails and go back to the previous tech. The clients who value their nails, will become loyal clients and will be afraid to go to another tech incase they aren't using the same nail friendly techniques that you are using. Be prepared not to keep everyone.

Latest posts

Back