CND Shellac colours patchy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky88

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just qualified from my cnd shellac course and am having a few issues with the coverage, it’s coming out a bit patchy so can see some of the natural nail through the colour, is it just a case of practice and getting used to how much product to use? Any tips appreciated, thanks.

Hi, I’ve just qualified from my cnd shellac course and am having a few issues with the coverage, it’s coming out a bit patchy so can see some of the natural nail through the colour, is it just a case of practice and getting used to how much product to use? Any tips appreciated, thanks.

What type of colors are you struggling with? Some Shellac colors are more transparent in nature and might need a more cover layer of a cream tone under or just an additional layer. The important thing is to just keep all layers thin and even.

I find that I will need to layer something underneath in a similar tone to get more coverage. Some of the glitter tones I also burnish a layer of matching glitter between the two glitter coats for more full coverage and extra sparkle.

[emoji4]

What type of colors are you struggling with? Some Shellac colors are more transparent in nature and might need a more cover layer of a cream tone under or just an additional layer. The important thing is to just keep all layers thin and even.

I find that I will need to layer something underneath in a similar tone to get more coverage. Some of the glitter tones I also burnish a layer of matching glitter between the two glitter coats for more full coverage and extra sparkle.

[emoji4]
Thanks for your reply. I found it with Creekside and wisteria haze I think I went too thick with the layers maybe and made it look patchy

Thanks for your reply. I found it with Creekside and wisteria haze I think I went too thick with the layers maybe and made it look patchy

Lighter cream colors are always a struggle, don’t get me started on Naked Naivite [emoji23]

But try to work thin even layers and maybe doing three if you find two is not sufficient. I used to struggle with creek side too, but when I just started doing thin layers even though it looks too thin or transparent it will help your application [emoji4]

Lighter cream colors are always a struggle, don’t get me started on Naked Naivite
emoji23.png

But try to work thin even layers and maybe doing three if you find two is not sufficient. I used to struggle with creek side too, but when I just started doing thin layers even though it looks too thin or transparent it will help your application
emoji4.png
[/QUOT
Lighter cream colors are always a struggle, don’t get me started on Naked Naivite [emoji23]

But try to work thin even layers and maybe doing three if you find two is not sufficient. I used to struggle with creek side too, but when I just started doing thin layers even though it looks too thin or transparent it will help your application [emoji4]
thank you I will keep practicing and keep the layers thin!

Latest posts

Back